Class of 2022 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on the interviews for all that have gotten them!

Plus fingers crossed for all of you still waiting. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone made an accepted students thread for 2022? I haven't been accepted anywhere lol I am just wondering

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone made an accepted students thread for 2022? I haven't been accepted anywhere lol I am just wondering
I haven't seen one. Really all I've seen is people posting to the school specific thread.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how much time schools give in advance from when an email goes out to when the interview date is? In anticipation (& hopeful) of interviews I want to start preparing both of my jobs of potential days missed and shift coverage. Trying to get last minute coverage as an ER tech on Sundays is fairly unrealistic. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know how much time schools give in advance from when an email goes out to when the interview date is? In anticipation (& hopeful) of interviews I want to start preparing both of my jobs of potential days missed and shift coverage. Trying to get last minute coverage as an ER tech on Sundays is fairly unrealistic. Thanks in advance!
It depends on the school, but I think generally they give about a month's notice.

Does anyone know how much time schools give in advance from when an email goes out to when the interview date is?

My notice was ~1mo although someone last week was notified for their interview today at LMU. I think in a perfect world it's usually 1mo

Western gave me less than a week. It was very stressful! I interviewed there this past Monday.

I've actually been doing very well with the waiting game....until the past few days. I know the general time line for all the schools I applied for so I haven't really been stressing. I've been focusing on school and doing well and had several other major things planned to keep my time occupied while I wait for interview invites. As of last Friday I have no exams until Friday after break and I finished all my major projects I had planned Saturday. I work at the school, not work study, but an hourly position I can only have while a student so although I'm graduating (in ~21 days) I'm partially flipping out because I have to find a new job (no luck yet&it doesn't help that my city doesn't have many science positions). Then, one school's invites are supposed to come out this next week and the other two come in a month. I need distractions before I go crazy... :help:

Reactions: 1 user
Can you learn a whole month's worth of ochem in one night with 1 can of Red Bull? Tune in tomorrow evening to find out whether or not I succeeded!

This is basically what vet school is going to be like so its good you are getting a headstart.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is basically what vet school is going to be like so its good you are getting a headstart.

Yeah except you start a week ahead of time and still don't have enough time to get through all the notes:p

Can you learn a whole month's worth of ochem in one night with 1 can of Red Bull? Tune in tomorrow evening to find out whether or not I succeeded!
The tomorrow evening update:

A very sad Ferny detoured to a liquor store with an especially good beer wall on the way home.

Yes it was that bad. Future pre-vets coming through this forum, don't be like me. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
The tomorrow evening update:

A very sad Ferny detoured to a liquor store with an especially good beer wall on the way home.

Yes it was that bad. Future pre-vets coming through this forum, don't be like me. :thumbup:

My most recent ochem test pretty much ended like this, except I can't drink so I wallowed in sorrow at work
Gotta get a B on the final to keep my B in the class and I'm not sure how it'll happen

Hey guys! Another class of 2022 hopeful here. I haven't posted in this thread yet and wanted to stop by and say hi and good luck to everyone! :):):)

Reactions: 7 users
My most recent ochem test pretty much ended like this, except I can't drink so I wallowed in sorrow at work
Gotta get a B on the final to keep my B in the class and I'm not sure how it'll happen
I feel you both. Sucking it up in ochem2, really worried it's going to tank me even if I do well at the interview

Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile

I feel you both. Sucking it up in ochem2, really worried it's going to tank me even if I do well at the interview

Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile

I was waitlisted so I was really hoping this would help push me up a little :dead: With finals coming up I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a C (I realize a C isn't that big of a deal, but I was still hoping for better) :nailbiting:; since this is my only class this semester I'm worried it'll show poorly to the schools.. I've also been working ~65+ hours a week this semester, but I don't think that'll be taken into consideration :laugh::whistle:

Well I have officially applied to vet school!

The next 3 weeks of classes are absolute horribleness so hoping I can protect the GPA. Keep reminding myself that even if it doesn't go as well as I hope, my average this semester will still most likely be better than any semester to date and that if it isn't enough for an interview this year it will set me up well for next year. Providing my ochem final goes much much much better than that midterm. :laugh:

The next 3 weeks of classes are absolute horribleness so hoping I can protect the GPA. Keep reminding myself that even if it doesn't go as well as I hope, my average this semester will still most likely be better than any semester to date and that if it isn't enough for an interview this year it will set me up well for next year. Providing my ochem final goes much much much better than that midterm. :laugh:
You can do it BBC!!!!! I believe in youuuuuu:love:

Reactions: 1 users

Where are you from? Because VMCAS was a while ago so I am assuming you aren't from the states

Where are you from? Because VMCAS was a while ago so I am assuming you aren't from the states
I'm Canadian, I'm applying to WCVM. :)

It's one of the 2 (edited because it might be 3? Montreal is all in French so I can't read their page well enough to know about international applicants) Canadian schools that (at this time) doesn't take international students into the program so unfortunately I won't be classmates with any of you. :( It's also literally my only option in the country due to my provincial residency. :laugh:

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Another class of 2022 hopeful here. ***this is my first post OMG I'm so shy*** I can't believe I just registered for this forum 4 days before my actual interview?! I guess you could say better late than never...?? Glad to know I'm not alone on this journey :p Wishing everybody the best of luck :love:
I wonder if anyone is in a similar situation as me though - it seems like most people here are US/Canadian citizens... I'm a Chinese citizen who lived in Canada as an international student for the past 6 years and I applied to Canadian vet schools through VMCAS as IS. I couldn't apply for Canadian permanent residency unless I graduated from post-secondary so that's why I'm still an IS after all these years... The point is this year I graduated with my BSc and got a post-graduation work permit which will allow me to become PR if I found a full-time job and worked for one full year (which I just did and will soon start). My original plan was to get my PR and then apply to WCVM (the only school you could apply to for Western Canada provinces - where I will be applying for PR), but along the way I decided to try my luck with the Canadian schools that do take international students. So @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo if this year didn't work out for me (with OVC/AVC) I might end up being your alumni! XD
If you're here... Thanks for reading my story and thanks to everyone who posted here because reading your posts made me feel much better and less lonely!!!

Hi everyone! I just heard from Virginia-Marlyand that I was placed on the interview wait list. Does anyone know what this means? Is it a good sign/am I likely to get an interview?

Hi everyone! I just heard from Virginia-Marlyand that I was placed on the interview wait list. Does anyone know what this means? Is it a good sign/am I likely to get an interview?
I'd try posting in the VMCVM 2022 applicants thread if you haven't. Current students from that school are probably more likely to read that thread versus the general 2022 applicants thread.

I tried your strategy this week. It did not end well... What booze would you recommend to dull the pain?

I tried your strategy this week. It did not end well... What booze would you recommend to dull the pain?
What class? I mean, I went for beer but was throwing up the next morning so don't recommend the quantities it takes to maintain a nice drunk level...

Tequila is always a good go-to since usually the hangover isn't nearly as bad!

(Some of those beers were amazing though...Seriously loving the sours I've been finding at local breweries)

What class? I mean, I went for beer but was throwing up the next morning so don't recommend the quantities it takes to maintain a nice drunk level...

(Some of those beers were amazing though...Seriously loving the sours I've been finding at local breweries)

Also Orgo...

This was our 3rd exam of the semester. I did well on exam 1 & 2 (15% and 28% above the curve). For this exam... I know for sure I got 1 question right out of 25. Every other question was a complete s***show. It was so bad it's almost funny. (Maybe someday I'll look back and laugh?)

Also Orgo...

This was our 3rd exam of the semester. I did well on exam 1 & 2 (15% and 28% above the curve). For this exam... I know for sure I got 1 question right out of 25. Every other question was a complete s***show. It was so bad it's almost funny. (Maybe someday I'll look back and laugh?)

I look back and laugh already and my grades were posted last week!
Just gonna keep on trucking along
Edit: I'm disappointed that my dancing emoji didn't post

I look back and laugh already and my grades were posted last week!
Just gonna keep on trucking along
Edit: I'm disappointed that my dancing emoji didn't post

We won't get ours back until next week... I'm not holding my breath. :laugh:

My credit cards are going to wonder what happened to them considering mostly all they buy is gas. Between Christmas presents for for people and booking flights for interviews my bank account is going to want to cry :laugh:

Hey stupid stop checking your phone...ain't no school contacting you today. (This includes me) Just enjoy your holiday off!! Love ya SDN fam :biglove:

Reactions: 16 users
One of my references just forwarded me the form and comments she sent in.

Read it and promptly started crying in the middle of the school library. I don't think I am ever in my life going to get a reference this good again, and it means so much to me that she put these words in writing. I have some amazing people in my life. :love::love: All the feelz right now.

And yes my Friday night is being spent at the school library. Writing a term paper on Lepto and unfortunately it isn't going to write itself...

Hi everyone! Another class of 2022 hopeful here. ***this is my first post OMG I'm so shy*** I can't believe I just registered for this forum 4 days before my actual interview?! I guess you could say better late than never...?? Glad to know I'm not alone on this journey :p Wishing everybody the best of luck :love:
I wonder if anyone is in a similar situation as me though - it seems like most people here are US/Canadian citizens... I'm a Chinese citizen who lived in Canada as an international student for the past 6 years and I applied to Canadian vet schools through VMCAS as IS. I couldn't apply for Canadian permanent residency unless I graduated from post-secondary so that's why I'm still an IS after all these years... The point is this year I graduated with my BSc and got a post-graduation work permit which will allow me to become PR if I found a full-time job and worked for one full year (which I just did and will soon start). My original plan was to get my PR and then apply to WCVM (the only school you could apply to for Western Canada provinces - where I will be applying for PR), but along the way I decided to try my luck with the Canadian schools that do take international students. So @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo if this year didn't work out for me (with OVC/AVC) I might end up being your alumni! XD
If you're here... Thanks for reading my story and thanks to everyone who posted here because reading your posts made me feel much better and less lonely!!!
Slightly confused. If you got into OVC/AVC this year would you be attending as part of the international pool paying international fees?

Fees are nasty if you are international compared to once you get your residency, though I expect you probably already know that. :p

This should come with a "results may vary" disclaimer, tequila always gives me hangovers from hell. :laugh: (Also I find it very fitting that I'm only popping into the c/o 2022 thread to talk about alcohol)

Slightly confused. If you got into OVC/AVC this year would you be attending as part of the international pool paying international fees?

Fees are nasty if you are international compared to once you get your residency, though I expect you probably already know that. :p
Also was highly confused. So I was just looking up the residency requirements for ovc since you brought it up again, thinking maybe they were different or something. Have to have lived in Ontario for 12 months prior to jan 1 not including time during post secondary education blah blah blah

Then it dawned on me. They mean IS as in international student

If I have dietary restrictions, should I let schools know before interviews or plan on bringing my own food for lunch? My restrictions usually mean I can eat close to nothing unless I tell someone first but aren't too too hard to accommodate.

One of my references just forwarded me the form and comments she sent in.

Read it and promptly started crying in the middle of the school library. I don't think I am ever in my life going to get a reference this good again, and it means so much to me that she put these words in writing. I have some amazing people in my life. :love::love: All the feelz right now.

And yes my Friday night is being spent at the school library. Writing a term paper on Lepto and unfortunately it isn't going to write itself...
I had one of these and wholeheartedly thank/blame (lol) her for getting me into vet school on my first go. They're the best best.

If I have dietary restrictions, should I let schools know before interviews or plan on bringing my own food for lunch? My restrictions usually mean I can eat close to nothing unless I tell someone first but aren't too too hard to accommodate.
I would say let them know! If there's a lunch or dinner they'll probably ask you to RSVP with how many people you're bringing, so you could just mention it then.

I don’t know how much you 2022-ers pay attention to higher education legislation, but definitely start if you aren’t currently. Changes are coming with this administration. Lots to be argued about yet so who knows actual timeline, but the current proposed changes are proposed to go into affect June 2018 for new grad/prof school borrowers.

Reactions: 5 users
I don’t know how much you 2022-ers pay attention to higher education legislation, but definitely start if you aren’t currently. Changes are coming with this administration. Lots to be argued about yet so who knows actual timeline, but the current proposed changes are proposed to go into affect June 2018 for new grad/prof school borrowers.
As a current grad student/TA I've been watching closely... *nervous*

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Finals start on Monday and I'm trying to maintain focus and get through this. It is proving difficult.

Reactions: 4 users
I have dietary restrictions too. Only one school asked about it. I didn’t let anyone know except that one. And I usually can not eat or if I can it’s just a plain salad and I eat after :shrug:

Last edited:
None of the 4 schools I applied to have gotten back to me yet.
Oregon = "early next week"
CSU = Dec 15
NC State = "mid December"
WSU = ????
ahhhhhhh this is making me crazy :mad::mad::mad:

CSU = Dec 15
WSU = ????

I still have 6 schools I've heard nothing from!! We may all lose our minds but we'll make it through :rofl:

CSU = Dec 15
WSU = ????

I still have 6 schools I've heard nothing from!! We may all lose our minds but we'll make it through :rofl:
yoda-patience-young-padawan.jpg

Reactions: 5 users