Class of 2022 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Date OptomCAS submitted: 14/09
Date verified:
OAT Scores: 330 AA / 310 TS
Major: Pharmacology
GPA: 3.1
Extracurricular Activities: Undergraduate research & work at 2 optometry practices )
Schools applied: ICO, NOVA and Midwestern so far, finishing up the others this weekend
Interviews extended/date:
Interviews accepted:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

very nervous im hoping my credits will transfer over and there wont be any issues with my transcript ... eeeeek
you're Canadian? Did any of the schools you applied to say they would boost up your GPA average because you're Canadian and "Canadian universities are harder?" That's what NOVA said when I went to take a tour of the school, but never heard that anywhere else

Members don't see this ad.

you're Canadian? Did any of the schools you applied to say they would boost up your GPA average because you're Canadian and "Canadian universities are harder?" That's what NOVA said when I went to take a tour of the school, but never heard that anywhere else
I have no idea yet..... i havent heard anything but i hope they do :/

Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/1/2017
Date verified: ~8/5/17 (don't remember exactly; took a long time for my transcripts to be verified)
OAT Scores: 320 AA, 300 TS (didn't take until 8/28/17)
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.50 cumulative
Extracurricular Activities: work at a private practice as an optician/assistant, tutor at my campus' learning center, Anatomy and Physiology TA, web intern for VOSH/International (Volunteering Optometric Services to Humanity), various shadowing of optometrists/ophthalmologists, News Reporter/Editor for my campus' student newspaper, volunteering at a hospital and with various other community events throughout college
Schools applied: ICO, NECO, SCCO, PCO (Salus)
Interviews extended/date: PCO (8/11), ICO (9/5), SCCO (9/18), NECO (9/22)
Interviews accepted: ICO (9/15)
Interviews declined: PCO, SCCO, NECO
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
ICO (9/22)

GOING TO ICO! CLASS OF 2022!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/16
Date verified: 08/18
OAT Scores: 330 AA and 330 TS
Major: Biomedical Sciences and Masters in Biology
GPA: 3.00 overall / 2.955 science (Took many post-bacc courses afterward)
Extracurricular Activities: Shadowing (200+ hours), Volunteering (local, school, church and Optometry), Work experience (3 years - IT consultant)
Schools applied: SCCO, Western, MCPHS, ICO, Midwestern (Chicago), Pacific, Salus, NOVA, Missouri
Interviews extended/date: SCCO, ICO, Midwestern (Chicago), Pacific, NOVA
Interviews accepted:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

Last edited by a moderator:
Date OptomCAS submitted: Late July
Date verified: Mid August
OAT Scores: 360 AA / 350 TS
Major: Political Science
GPA: 3.5 (Science and Cumulative)
Extracurricular Activities: Student Government, Shadowing, Work with international students
Interviews extended/date: UAB 8/26, ICO 9/2, UMSL 9/11
Interviews accepted: UAB, ICO, UMSL
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: UAB 8/28, ICO 9/9, UMSL 9/11

Let me know if you have any questions about these schools! I also received scholarships for all three so I can tell you a little bit about how the process works for that in the case of these schools. Good luck everyone!

hey guys! i just got an interview for SCO. It says it starts at 845 and ends in about 4 hours. For those of you who have already interviewed, does it really end around 1245-1? I trying to schedule a flight back home, the same day as the interview after it.

hey guys! i just got an interview for SCO. It says it starts at 845 and ends in about 4 hours. For those of you who have already interviewed, does it really end around 1245-1? I trying to schedule a flight back home, the same day as the interview after it.
it was pretty much on schedule, but it ended a little after 1pm, so try not to cut it too close with your flight time since you should be at the airport an hour or two before your flight anyway... having the school being walking distance from the hotel was super convenient though

My interview there lasted til almost 1:45 pm. I agree. Do not cut it too close. I don't think there would be any chance that it would go past 2:00 pm because when I was there, they seemed to recognize that they were running slightly behind the advertised schedule and finished the process promptly to compensate.

Extracurricular Activities: Student Government, Shadowing, Work with international students
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:

Let me know if you have any questions about these schools! I also received scholarships for all three so I can tell you a little bit about how the process works for that in the case of these schools. Good luck everyone!

YO NICE WORK! & congrats on the acceptances!

Hey thanks a lot! Saw your post on reddit the other week. Where are you going to school?
I'm actually applying this upcoming July haha. Staying updated with Class of 2022 thread really helps with projecting what schools to apply too and what's a good fit for me when it comes down to it!

I'm actually applying this upcoming July haha. Staying updated with Class of 2022 thread really helps with projecting what schools to apply too and what's a good fit for me when it comes down to it!

I'm doing the same! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/20/2017
Date verified: 9/21/2017
OAT Scores: 360 AA 370 TS
Minor: Chemistry
GPA: 3.57
Extracurricular Activities: Executive board of Pre-optometry club, Over 50 hours of shadowing, Volunteering at three Special Olympics Events, Intramural Sports, Volunteer for Sports-vision training program, Volunteer at Dance Marathon
Schools applied: NSU, OSU, SCO, UH, UPikeville, UAB
Interviews extended/date: OSU (9/21/2017), SCO (9/22/2017), UAB (9/25/17), UH (10/1/17)
Interviews accepted: SCO (9/22/2017), UAB (9/25/17), OSU (9/25/17), UH (10/1/17), NSU (10/4/17)
Interviews declined: Cancelled SCO interview.
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
UAB (9/13/17)

Accepted into NSUCO October 26th 2017 and will be attending Nova in the fall! :D

Last edited:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:

Can you please explain how the scholarships work? I'm confused on how they offer financial aid and on what basis. Thank you!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/20
Date verified: 8/1
OAT Scores: 300 AA 290 TS
Major: Spanish
Minor: Neuropsychology
GPA: 3.78 Science: 3.56
Extracurricular Activities: President of The Pre-Optometry Club, 500+ hours of shadowing/interning at a Primary Care Clinic or Vision Therapy Clinic, Executive Board Member and Founding Father of The Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, Intramural Sports Participant, Volunteer at Dance Marathon and Relay for Life, International Student Ambassador, and Volunteer at various other Non-profit Organizations
Schools applied: Nova, IUSO, UMSL, SCO, ICO, and Midwestern-IL
Interviews extended/date: Nova (8/25), IUSO (9/1), UMSL (10/2), ICO (10/19), and Midwestern-IL (TBD)
Interviews accepted: Nova, IUSO, UMSL, ICO, and Midwestern-IL
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
IUSO (9/14), Nova (9/21)

Originally, I was super upset with my performance on the OAT. However, I decided to send my unofficial scores to the programs that allowed me, and I had waited to see if I would be invited for any interviews and use that as an indicator for potentially retaking the OAT. Thankfully, the rest of my application was very solid, and I was given the opportunity to interview at each program or be invited for an interview to each program further down the line. Nonetheless, I think the biggest word of advice for people that are in a similar situation to myself, is that I would consider applying and see where it takes you. I truly do believe that if you have a passion for Optometry and clearly outline your motives, goals, and knowledge about the field and for wanting to become an Optometrist in your application, then you have a very good chance at receiving an interview. If any of you have any questions about my application or the actual interviews at Nova or IUSO, I am more than happy to help each one of you all out.

Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/8/17
Date verified: 8/10/17
OAT Scores: 300 AA 290 TS (taken 8/4/17, official scores sent 8/16/17)
Major: Human Biology
GPA: 3.15
Extracurricular Activities: Member of sorority for 3 years, community service chair for sorority for 1 year, optician for 1.5 years, 100+ hours of local volunteer work, a few hours of shadowing a private practice (like 3 lol)
Schools applied: ICO, WESTERN, MCPHS
Interviews extended/date: ICO requested supplemental on 8/20, submitted it 8/21, asked to interview 8/28
Interviews accepted: ICO 9/18
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: ICO 9/22

I'm going to ICO and I couldn't be happier!! I knew my stats were on the lower end so I really believe that my personal statement made me stand apart. I wrote from the heart and was completely honest with my answers. If anyone wants any help or advice for anything just ask me!!

Reactions: 8 users
Can you please explain how the scholarships work? I'm confused on how they offer financial aid and on what basis. Thank you!
UAB and UMSL both only have merit-based scholarships for freshman year students, and they are just looking at your GPA and OAT scores for those. For UMSL you are automatically considered for the merit-based scholarships when you apply, and they will show you the offer they have prepared for you on your interview day. I believe it maxes out at 3k/year for in-state students and around 19k/year for out of state students (don't quote me on the out-of-state number, but it's in the same ballpark).

UAB also has a merit-based scholarship, but you apply for it separately after you have been accepted. They were pretty relaxed about it and told me if I applied for it I would get it (I really liked the admissions people at UAB).

ICO automatically considers you for all their scholarships and you'll get their decision with your admission decision in the mail. Most of those are merit-based (but not all of them), and even for the merit-based scholarships you have to show you are well-rounded as a student; they really like volunteerism.

Let me know if you have other questions!

Extracurricular Activities: Member of sorority for 3 years, community service chair for sorority for 1 year, optician for 1.5 years, 100+ hours of local volunteer work, a few hours of shadowing a private practice (like 3 lol)
Interviews extended/date: ICO requested supplemental on 8/20, submitted it 8/21, asked to interview 8/28
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
ICO 9/22

I'm going to ICO and I couldn't be happier!! I knew my stats were on the lower end so I really believe that my personal statement made me stand apart. I wrote from the heart and was completely honest with my answers. If anyone wants any help or advice for anything just ask me!!

Wow, good for you! I just got accepted to ICO as well, and I seriously cannot be more excited! See you there next fall!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 6/29
Date verified: 7/14
OAT Scores: 310 AA, 300 TS
Major: Pre-Optometry
Minor: Business Administration
GPA: 3.91
Extracurricular Activities: worked in two different optometric practices for 3 years, AMSA member, intramural sports captain, volunteer for vision screenings
Schools applied: Nova, Midwestern Arizona, Salus, Indiana U
Nova: 8/7
Midwestern Arizona: 8/15
Salus: 8/9
Indiana U: 8/25 (did not finish supplemental application...)
Interviews accepted:
Nova: 8/25
Midwestern Arizona: 9/8
Salus: 9/18
Interviews declined: Indiana U
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

Nova: 9/1
Midwestern Arizona: 9/13
Salus: 9/20

Attending Nova!
we interviewed at Nova on the same day haha, I’m also choosing NSU!

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/23/17
Date verified:
OAT Scores: 330 AA / 320 TS
Major: Neuroscience
GPA: 3.3
Extracurricular Activities: 4 Undergraduate research positions, 2 Shadowing experiences(100+ hours), several awards + leadership positions, Internships, 2 job experiences
Schools applied: ICO & Midwestern

Interviews accepted:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

My ICO applicants, how long did it take for you to hear from them?
Wondering how long my app will take to verify.. I submitted my apps with everything already sent in (transcripts still need to be verified but were sent in 9/18/17).
So nervous!!!

I submitted my Optomcas July 7th and received my supplemental July 17. Submitted that on July 26 and received a call for interview on 31st

Date OptomCAS submitted: August 3, 2017
Date verified: August 8, 2017
OAT Scores: 320 AA 320 TS
Major: Exercise Sciences
GPA: 3.4
Extracurricular Activities: Working at optometry private practice for 2 years (10-40hrs/week), PR for Delta Epsilon Mu (professional pre-health fraternity), shadowing (pp, vision therapy, ophthalmology, etc.), volunteering at vision screenings for elementary schools, research in Exercise Medicine, volunteer for Exercise Sci events at UCI, sponsored to attend TSI in Japan
Schools applied: SCCO, SCO, ICO, Nova, Western
Interviews extended/date: SCCO 8/10, ICO 8/14, SCO 8/14, Nova 8/16, Western 9/14
Interviews accepted: Nova 9/1, ICO 9/7, SCO 9/15, SCCO 9/23, Western 9/29
Interviews declined: None
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
SCO 9/20, Nova 9/21, ICO 9/25, SCCO 9/25, Western 10/3

I have decided to go to SCCO :)
Western was the only school that took a month to get back to me while the others got back to me within 1-2 weeks. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: August 3, 2017
Date verified: August 8, 2017
OAT Scores: 320 AA 320 TS
Major: Exercise Sciences
GPA: 3.4
Extracurricular Activities: Working at optometry private practice for 2 years (10-40hrs/week), PR for Delta Epsilon Mu (professional pre-health fraternity), shadowing (pp, vision therapy, ophthalmology, etc.), volunteering at vision screenings for elementary schools, research in Exercise Medicine, volunteer for Exercise Sci events at UCI, sponsored to attend TSI in Japan
Schools applied: SCCO, SCO, ICO, Nova, Western
Interviews extended/date: SCCO 8/10, ICO 8/14, SCO 8/14, Nova 8/16, Western 9/14
Interviews accepted: Nova 9/1, ICO 9/7, SCO 9/15, SCCO 9/23, Western 9/29
Interviews declined: None
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
SCO 9/20, Nova 9/21, ICO 9/25, SCCO 9/25

Western was the only school that took awhile to get back to me while the others got back to me within 1-2 weeks. Good luck everyone!

I think I may have met you at SCCO's interview on 9/23. Congrats on the acceptances!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/16
Extracurricular Activities: Shadowing (200+ hours), Volunteering (local, school, church and Optometry), Work experience (3 years - IT consultant)
Schools applied: SCCO, Western, MCPHS, ICO, Midwestern (Chicago), Pacific, Salus, NOVA, Missouri
Interviews extended/date: SCCO, ICO, Midwestern (Chicago), Pacific, NOVA
Interviews accepted:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

Updated 9/25

Interviews accepted:
SCCO, ICO, Midwestern (Chicago), Pacific, NOVA
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
SCCO - 9/25/2017

Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/28
Date verified: 8/1
OAT Scores: 310 (AA&TS)
Major: Biology (minor in Psych)
GPA: 3.25
Extracurricular Activities: Worked at Pearle Vision for a Summer, Worked at an Ophthalmology Clinic as a Neuro-Ophthalmic tech for a year, Currently working as a tech at a private practice. Volunteered for a lot of Church fundraisers and as a coach for a elementary school baseball team. About 30-50 unpaid shadowing hours.
Schools applied: AZCOPT, OSU, Midwestern (Downer's Grove), Salus, Western, SCO, SCCO, Indiana, KYCO, NECO, UMSL, UIW
Interviews extended/date: AZCOPT 8/9, OSU 8/4, NECO 8/3, Salus 8/9, Western 9/18, SCO 8/18, KYCO 8/17, UMSL 8/4, UIW 8/15
Interviews accepted: AZCOPT 8/18, OSU 9/1, MWU (DG) 9/25, Salus 10/2, SCO 10/6,
Rejections/date: Waitlisted at OSU 9/7
Acceptance/date: AZCOPT 9/6, MWU (DG) 9/26, Salus 10/6, SCO 10/11

Last edited:
Canadian Student

Date OptomCAS submitted:
Sep 11
Date verified: Sep 21
OAT Scores: AA: 350 TS: 350
Major: Biochemistry
GPA: 3.32, science: 3.28
Extracurricular Activities: 30 hrs shadowing, Optometric assistant since July, 8-month coop in research, Peer academic coach, various other jobs and volunteering
Schools applied: ICO, NECO, SCCO, Pacific, Berkeley, Salus, Nova
Interviews extended/date: Salus (Sep 25), NECO (Sep 26), SCCO (Supp fee, Sep 26)
Interviews accepted: still waiting for ICO and SCCO before I confirm interviews.
Interviews declined: Nova (Supp fee Sep 25, not interested)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

When do you guys think ICO will email for the supplemental application? and is there a deadline before which we need to schedule interviews?
My top choices are ICO, SCCO and NECO in order of preference.

Congrats to everyone who already got in and good luck to those who are in the process.

Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/1/2017
Date verified: ~8/5/17 (don't remember exactly; took a long time for my transcripts to be verified)
OAT Scores: 320 AA, 300 TS (didn't take until 8/28/17)
GPA: 3.38 cumulative
Extracurricular Activities: work at a private practice as an optician/assistant, tutor at my campus' learning center, Anatomy and Physiology TA, web intern for VOSH/International (Volunteering Optometric Services to Humanity), various shadowing of optometrists/ophthalmologists, News Reporter/Editor for my campus' student newspaper, volunteering at a hospital and with various other community events throughout college
Schools applied: ICO, NECO, SCCO, PCO, UCBSO (will be)
Interviews extended/date: PCO (8/11), ICO (9/5), SCCO (9/18)
Interviews accepted: PCO (10/6), ICO (9/15)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
ICO (9/22)

Pretty dead set on ICO, but going to look at a few others just to be sure! Let me know if you all have any questions, and good luck to all of you future colleagues!!

do you know if ICO generally takes this long to invite for interviews? and at what date did you have your interview? can you give me details about the interview process as well? thanks

Canadian Student

Date OptomCAS submitted:
Sep 11
Extracurricular Activities: 30 hrs shadowing, Optometric assistant since July, 8-month coop in research, Peer academic coach, various other jobs and volunteering
Interviews extended/date: Salus (Sep 25), NECO (Sep 26), SCCO (Supp fee, Sep 26)
Interviews accepted: still waiting for ICO and SCCO before I confirm interviews.
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

When do you guys think ICO will email for the supplemental application? and is there a deadline before which we need to schedule interviews?

Congrats to everyone who already got in and good luck to those who are in the process.
Hi there! I see you had your interview at NECO today? Congrats! I am going on October 2, and I was wondering if you had any NECO interview advice? How did it go? Was it conversation based? Open or closed file? If you can share anything about what they asked? And what your overall day looked like? Thank you so much. Once again congrats! All the best. :)

Date OptomCAS submitted: Aug 18
Date verified: Aug 18
Major: Psychobiology
GPA: 3.52
Extracurricular Activities: pre-optometry club member, small group leader for a campus ministry, a cappella group, optometry shadowing, medical mission trip to Honduras, medical assistant volunteer for a free clinic, former ER technician & officer for pre-PA club (I was pre-PA before), full-time ophthalmic technician for almost a year
Schools applied: SCCO, Salus, Nova, Western (didn't pay for secondary)
Interviews extended/date: SCCO (Aug 24), Salus (Aug 29), NOVA (Sept 5)
Interviews accepted: SCCO (Sept 23), NOVA (Oct 10), Salus Scholars (10/24)
Interviews declined: Cancelled my NOVA and Salus interviews after SCCO acceptance
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
SCCO (Sept 25)

I will be attending SCCO next year!

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/3/17
Date verified: 7/6/17
OAT Scores: 360 TS 350 AA
Major: Biomedical Science
GPA: 3.82 Science and Average
Extracurricular Activities: Young Life Leader, 25+ Hours of shadowing, GVSU Pre-Optometry Club, 900+ Hours of clinical work as an ophthalmic technician in an optometry/ophthalmology practice.
Schools applied: IUSO, OSU, MCO
Interviews extended/date: OSU(7/8), MCO(7/22), IUSO(7/21)
Interviews accepted: OSU(8/4), MCO(9/7)
Interviews declined: IUSO(9/29)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: OSU(8/12), MCO(9/8)

Going to MCO under the 3+4 admissions program!

Thank you!! :)
What's up Han lol This is Jin
Updated 9/25

Interviews accepted:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
SCCO - 9/25/2017

Updated 9/27

Interviews accepted:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
SCCO - 9/25/2017, Midwestern (Chicago) - 9/27/2017

Holy ****. I got accepted to the schools I wanted to go. Not sure where to go!!!

do you know if ICO generally takes this long to invite for interviews? and at what date did you have your interview? can you give me details about the interview process as well? thanks
No, they generally don't I don't think. I didn't take my OAT until 8/28, so once I sent them my scores, then they got back to be within the first week of September for the supplemental, then I sent it in and they invited me for an interview a few days later. Overall the interview was very laid back and simple! Just be yourself and be able to explain your interest in optometry and ICO. Have a few questions prepared for your interviewer as well! Good luck :)

Canadian Student

Date OptomCAS submitted:
Sep 11
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

I would say ICO should contact you soon! Your stats look great! :) I was contacted within a week or so after submitting my application to ICO (after I finished my OAT). And if they don't, don't worry! Sometimes it takes a week or two. Once you get invited for supplemental app, try to finish that and send it to them ASAP. I submitted the supplemental on a Saturday and was contacted about an interview on that next Tuesday.

Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
ICO 9/22

Hi! I have similar stats to yours and ICO is my #1 choice. I was wondering what kind of questions they asked you about low grades? Also just generally any advice on how to talk about your stats when theyre on the lower end
Thanks!!

Hi! I have similar stats to yours and ICO is my #1 choice. I was wondering what kind of questions they asked you about low grades? Also just generally any advice on how to talk about your stats when theyre on the lower end
Thanks!!
They just want to know the explanation you have behind it. I had a lot of personal issues going on when I first started my undergrad and explained to them how my grades have gotten better over time. They didn’t ask me any direct questions about grades or scores just how I felt about my grades and my OAT scores.

Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/16
Date verified: 09/16
OAT Scores: 350 AA / 360 TS
Major: Neuroscience
GPA: 3.3
Extracurricular Activities: EMT, Research assistant, Church leadership, Started a music program at the local community center, LDS missionary in Hungary.
Schools applied: SCCO, PUCO, ICO, UCB
Interviews extended/date: SCCO (extended 09/21)
Interviews accepted: SCCO
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SCCO! (10/09)

Last edited:

Updated 9/27

Interviews accepted:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

Holy ****. I got accepted to the schools I wanted to go. Not sure where to go!!!
congrats on the acceptances!! How long did Midwestern take to contact you if you dont mind me asking?

Updated 9/27

Interviews accepted:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

Hey Jin!! I knew this was you it sounded too familiar haha

Date OptomCAS submitted: Aug 18
Date verified: Aug 18
Major: Psychobiology
GPA: 3.52
Extracurricular Activities: pre-optometry club member, small group leader for a campus ministry, a cappella group, optometry shadowing, medical mission trip to Honduras, medical assistant volunteer for a free clinic, former ER technician & officer for pre-PA club (I was pre-PA before), full-time ophthalmic technician for almost a year
Schools applied: SCCO, Salus, Nova, Western (didn't pay for secondary)
Interviews extended/date: SCCO (Aug 24), Salus (Aug 29), NOVA (Sept 5)
Interviews accepted: SCCO (Sept 23), NOVA (Oct 10), Salus Scholars (10/24)
Interviews declined: Cancelled my NOVA and Salus interviews after SCCO acceptance
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
SCCO (Sept 25)

I will be attending SCCO next year!

Hey future classmate! Congrats!!

Hi there! I see you had your interview at NECO today? Congrats! I am going on October 2, and I was wondering if you had any NECO interview advice? How did it go? Was it conversation based? Open or closed file? If you can share anything about what they asked? And what your overall day looked like? Thank you so much. Once again congrats! All the best. :)

Hi. I actually got the interview request that day. Sorry for the confusion. I have my interview on the 30th so I'm on the same boat as you :)

Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/22
Date verified: 08/24
OAT Scores: 330 AA / 350 TS
GPA: 3.5
Extracurricular Activities: 3 school clubs, over 100 hours of shadowing in 3 different optometry settings, volunteer program at a hospital, personal tutor for 2 years
Schools applied: SUNY, PCO, NECO, MCPHS, & NOVA
Interviews extended/date: SUNY (09/11), PCO (08/28), NECO (09/07)
Interviews accepted: SUNY & PCO
Interviews declined: Cancelled NECO after being accepted to SUNY (never submitted NOVA's supplemental & never heard anything back from MCPHS in regards to an interview)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SUNY (10/06) & PCO (10/06)

Will be attending SUNY next year!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Date OptomCAS submitted: 07/16
Date verified: 07/26
OAT Scores: 320AA 310TS(08/28)
Major: Bio
GPA: 3.75
Extracurricular Activities: Optometry club, community service through church, working as an optometric tech.
Schools applied: OSU, SCO, PCO
Interviews extended/date: PCO(08/09), OSU (08/28), SCO(08/28)
Interviews accepted: OSU(09/22) & SCO(09/29)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: OSU(09/27) & SCO(10/05)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone!
Congrats to all those who have been accepted and good luck to those that are still in the application process for this cycle!

QUICK QUESTION:
I plan to apply next cycle for 2018-2019, I already have an OptomCAS login with some of the stuff filled out, but this was just so I would be familiar with the interface of OptomCAS. Will the my information carry over when the next cycle starts?

Hello everyone!
Congrats to all those who have been accepted and good luck to those that are still in the application process for this cycle!

QUICK QUESTION:
I plan to apply next cycle for 2018-2019, I already have an OptomCAS login with some of the stuff filled out, but this was just so I would be familiar with the interface of OptomCAS. Will the my information carry over when the next cycle starts?

Yes everything will roll over but letters of rec won’t and I think something else, I would double check on the website!