You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2022 Thread
Started by Stirling
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone heard from MCPHS yet?
Yup! They emailed me for an interview a little over a week ago.
Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/8/17
Date verified: 8/10/17
OAT Scores: 300 AA 290 TS (taken 8/4/17, official scores sent 8/16/17)
Major: Human Biology
GPA: 3.15
Extracurricular Activities: Member of sorority for 3 years, community service chair for sorority for 1 year, optician for 1.5 years, 100+ hours of local volunteer work, a few hours of shadowing a private practice (like 3 lol)
Schools applied: ICO, WESTERN, MCPHS
Interviews extended/date: ICO requested supplemental on 8/20, submitted it 8/21, asked to interview 8/28
Interviews accepted: ICO 9/18
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: ICO 9/22
I'm going to ICO and I couldn't be happier!! I knew my stats were on the lower end so I really believe that my personal statement made me stand apart. I wrote from the heart and was completely honest with my answers. If anyone wants any help or advice for anything just ask me!!
During your academic review, were there any questions about your grades that stumped you??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not really. They just asked how I felt about them.During your academic review, were there any questions about your grades that stumped you??
Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/18/2017
Date verified: 09/22/2017
OAT Scores: 280 AA, 280 TS
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.47
Extracurricular Activities: 80 hours of unpaid shadowing, Technician for 2+ years, UNICEF, MedX, etc.
Schools applied: PCO, Midwestern-Downers Grove, NOVA, PUCO, MCPHS, UIWRSO, SCO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (09/21), NOVA (09/24), Midwestern (09/21), PUCO (09/29), MCPHS (10/26), UIWRSO (10/26)
Interviews accepted: PCO (10/3), Midwestern (10/2), NOVA (10/7) - Cancelled, PUCO (10/20)
Interviews declined: UIWRSO, MCPHS
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: PCO (10/20), PUCO (10/25)
I'll be attending PUCO!
Super surprise they even gave me an acceptance.
Date verified: 09/22/2017
OAT Scores: 280 AA, 280 TS
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.47
Extracurricular Activities: 80 hours of unpaid shadowing, Technician for 2+ years, UNICEF, MedX, etc.
Schools applied: PCO, Midwestern-Downers Grove, NOVA, PUCO, MCPHS, UIWRSO, SCO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (09/21), NOVA (09/24), Midwestern (09/21), PUCO (09/29), MCPHS (10/26), UIWRSO (10/26)
Interviews accepted: PCO (10/3), Midwestern (10/2), NOVA (10/7) - Cancelled, PUCO (10/20)
Interviews declined: UIWRSO, MCPHS
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: PCO (10/20), PUCO (10/25)
I'll be attending PUCO!
Super surprise they even gave me an acceptance.
Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/18/2017
Date verified: 09/22/2017
OAT Scores: 280 AA, 280 TS
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.47
Extracurricular Activities: 80 hours of unpaid shadowing, Technician for 2+ years, UNICEF, MedX, etc.
Schools applied: PCO, Midwestern-Downers Grove, NOVA, PUCO, MCPHS, UIWRSO, SCO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (09/21), NOVA (09/24), Midwestern (09/21), PUCO (09/29)
Interviews accepted: PCO (10/3), Midwestern (10/2), NOVA (10/7), PUCO (10/20)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
I'll keep you guys updated!
I'm going to retake my OAT in November.
Hi, yeah it’s a good thing you’re retaking it. SCO wouldn’t even look at the rest of your application with those scores. I got 300 AA and 310 TS. They called me and told me that I would have no chance of getting into their school with those scores unless I retook it. I wish you the best on your retake
Hey can you please tell me exactly which schools adviced you to retake the OAT? Was PCO one of them? How was the interview at PCO?Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/18/2017
Date verified: 09/22/2017
OAT Scores: 280 AA, 280 TS
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.47
Extracurricular Activities: 80 hours of unpaid shadowing, Technician for 2+ years, UNICEF, MedX, etc.
Schools applied: PCO, Midwestern-Downers Grove, NOVA, PUCO, MCPHS, UIWRSO, SCO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (09/21), NOVA (09/24), Midwestern (09/21), PUCO (09/29)
Interviews accepted: PCO (10/3), Midwestern (10/2), NOVA (10/7), PUCO (10/20)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
I'll keep you guys updated!
I'm going to retake my OAT in November.
Hey can you please tell me exactly which schools adviced you to retake the OAT? Was PCO one of them? How was the interview at PCO?
Keep in mind that many schools have contract states and the applicant is judged against the competition for those contracts.In other words,applicants with the same stats will have a varied demand for themselves based on those competition factors.So,don't assume score X or GPA Y will be unacceptable.
Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/22
Date verified: 8/23
OAT Scores: AA: 350/TS: 370
Major: Psychobiology
GPA: 3.3 (Cumulative)/ 2.9 (BCP/science)
Extracurricular Activities: President of sorority, small business owner, 4 different shadowing/interning optometric opportunities (short term), 1 year long job in optometrist office, hospital volunteering (leadership held), retail job (leadership held)
Schools applied: Western U, SCCO, UC Berkeley (UCBSO)
Interviews extended/date: Western U - 9/14, SCCO - 8/28, UCBSO - 1/5
Interviews accepted: Western U - 9/29, SCCO - 10/6, UCBSO - 2/3
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: Western U - 10/3, SCCO - 10/9 (w/ scholarship offered on 3/5!), UCBSO - 2/15
10/6: Deposit down at SCCO 🙂 Good luck to whoever is reading this!! I am sure you will do great!
Update 2/15: Going to Berkeley Optometry!! Remember you are not all numbers ^____^
Date verified: 8/23
OAT Scores: AA: 350/TS: 370
Major: Psychobiology
GPA: 3.3 (Cumulative)/ 2.9 (BCP/science)
Extracurricular Activities: President of sorority, small business owner, 4 different shadowing/interning optometric opportunities (short term), 1 year long job in optometrist office, hospital volunteering (leadership held), retail job (leadership held)
Schools applied: Western U, SCCO, UC Berkeley (UCBSO)
Interviews extended/date: Western U - 9/14, SCCO - 8/28, UCBSO - 1/5
Interviews accepted: Western U - 9/29, SCCO - 10/6, UCBSO - 2/3
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: Western U - 10/3, SCCO - 10/9 (w/ scholarship offered on 3/5!), UCBSO - 2/15
10/6: Deposit down at SCCO 🙂 Good luck to whoever is reading this!! I am sure you will do great!
Update 2/15: Going to Berkeley Optometry!! Remember you are not all numbers ^____^
Last edited:
D
Did PUCO ask you to retake when the offered you an interview? or did you just know you needed to?
Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/18/2017
Date verified: 09/22/2017
OAT Scores: 280 AA, 280 TS
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.47
Extracurricular Activities: 80 hours of unpaid shadowing, Technician for 2+ years, UNICEF, MedX, etc.
Schools applied: PCO, Midwestern-Downers Grove, NOVA, PUCO, MCPHS, UIWRSO, SCO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (09/21), NOVA (09/24), Midwestern (09/21), PUCO (09/29)
Interviews accepted: PCO (10/3), Midwestern (10/2), NOVA (10/7), PUCO (10/20)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
I'll keep you guys updated!
I'm going to retake my OAT in November.
Did PUCO ask you to retake when the offered you an interview? or did you just know you needed to?
so if you are extended an interview, they have already screened your primary and you have a good shot of getting in if you do well in the interview?
Usually, yes. An invite means that they liked you on paper; now they want to get to know you in person, specifically your interpersonal skills, maturity, and motivations for optometry.so if you are extended an interview, they have already screened your primary and you have a good shot of getting in if you do well in the interview?
Hi! Saw that you went to a NECO interview earlier this month. Do you mind sharing your interview experience? Thanks in advance 🙂Hi there! I see you had your interview at NECO today? Congrats! I am going on October 2, and I was wondering if you had any NECO interview advice? How did it go? Was it conversation based? Open or closed file? If you can share anything about what they asked? And what your overall day looked like? Thank you so much. Once again congrats! All the best. 🙂
has anyone heard from MCPHS or UMSL?
Does anyone have any idea that if a school is taking really long to contact you for interview, they might not be interested ? 🙁
Its been more more than a month since I applied to Salus & i am getting impatient now! , they told me that my application is still under review ( all my pre-reqs were approved & havent heard any OAT retake advice)
Has this happened to anyone ??
Its been more more than a month since I applied to Salus & i am getting impatient now! , they told me that my application is still under review ( all my pre-reqs were approved & havent heard any OAT retake advice)
Has this happened to anyone ??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how long does UHCO and SCCO take to get back to you? ive paid supplementals and everything
how long does UHCO and SCCO take to get back to you? ive paid supplementals and everything
For UHCO, my application verified on a Monday. And I was invited for an interview on the Wednesday.
It took SCCO about 2 weeks to get back to me.how long does UHCO and SCCO take to get back to you? ive paid supplementals and everything
Hi, congratulation on your acceptance. Did you hear from UHCO that quick after your application was verified? I am planning to apply to UHCO too. Did you submit the secondary application right after the optomcas?Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/18
Date verified: 7/20
OAT Scores: AA 370, TS 370
Major: Chemistry
GPA: 3.65
Extracurricular Activities: Research, organic chem TA, various volunteering and organizations, ~60 hours shadowing
Schools applied: UHCO, SCO, UMSL
Interviews extended/date: UHCO (7/25), SCO (7/21), UMSL (7/26)
Interviews accepted: UHCO (9/11), SCO (8/14)
Interviews declined: UMSL
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SCO (8/15), UHCO (9/12)
Going to UHCO!!
Do you mean an interview invite or an offer of admission? I was accepted to UMSL a month ago, let me know your questions!has anyone heard from MCPHS or UMSL?
When was your interview for UMSL??? Anything from MCPHS?Do you mean an interview invite or an offer of admission? I was accepted to UMSL a month ago, let me know your questions!
Hi, congratulation on your acceptance. Did you hear from UHCO that quick after your application was verified? I am planning to apply to UHCO too. Did you submit the secondary application right after the optomcas?
Yes they contacted me really quickly after verification! And yes I think I did it the next day or something.
sigh... i submitted it 2 weeks ago, no responseYes they contacted me really quickly after verification! And yes I think I did it the next day or something.
How long do SUNY and UHCO give you to accept or not? My interview for SUNY (1/4) is awfully far from my UHCO one (1/22).
I didn't apply to MCPHS, but my UMSL interview was the first week in September. I applied mid august.When was your interview for UMSL??? Anything from MCPHS?
sigh... i submitted it 2 weeks ago, no response
It's probably just because you submitted a little later in the cycle, they have a lot more applications to look through right now than they did back in July. Don't give up hope yet!
Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/4
Date verified: 8/7
OAT Scores: AA 320 TS 320
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.13
Extracurricular Activities: 7 years work experience as a technician, random volunteering, pre-health professions club
Schools applied: ICO, UHCO, Pacific, NOVA, IU, SUNY
Interviews extended/date: ICO (8/17), Pacific (9/15), NOVA (9/6)
Interviews accepted: ICO (10/3), Pacific (11/3)-cancelled, NOVA (10/27)-cancelled
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date: SUNY (10/17)
Acceptance/date: ICO (10/10)
My #1 is UHCO and my #2 was ICO, so I cancelled all other interviews. As of right now I'm waiting to see what Houston says, but my application there was the 1st one I sent in (8/7) and I haven't heard much. I've contacted them a couple times and been told my application is under review still. I suppose that's not all bad, since I know some rejections have gone out already, but it's making me nervous, with my stats, that some have already gone through and been accepted and I'm still waiting for an interview. Hopefully will hear something soon, but I can't complain about getting into ICO either! If anyone has questions about the ICO process, I'm more than willing to divulge what I know. Good luck y'all.
Date verified: 8/7
OAT Scores: AA 320 TS 320
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.13
Extracurricular Activities: 7 years work experience as a technician, random volunteering, pre-health professions club
Schools applied: ICO, UHCO, Pacific, NOVA, IU, SUNY
Interviews extended/date: ICO (8/17), Pacific (9/15), NOVA (9/6)
Interviews accepted: ICO (10/3), Pacific (11/3)-cancelled, NOVA (10/27)-cancelled
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date: SUNY (10/17)
Acceptance/date: ICO (10/10)
My #1 is UHCO and my #2 was ICO, so I cancelled all other interviews. As of right now I'm waiting to see what Houston says, but my application there was the 1st one I sent in (8/7) and I haven't heard much. I've contacted them a couple times and been told my application is under review still. I suppose that's not all bad, since I know some rejections have gone out already, but it's making me nervous, with my stats, that some have already gone through and been accepted and I'm still waiting for an interview. Hopefully will hear something soon, but I can't complain about getting into ICO either! If anyone has questions about the ICO process, I'm more than willing to divulge what I know. Good luck y'all.
sigh... i submitted it 2 weeks ago, no response
I feel you. Submitted 2.5 months ago to UHCO and still nothing here either.
Sameee thing i am going through regarding my PCO app 🙁I feel you. Submitted 2.5 months ago to UHCO and still nothing here either.
Congratulations on ur acceptance! I have exactly ur scores I applied to midwestern and I got interview. Would u mind sharing ur experience? Did they ask u about ur OAT scores? Did you hear back from them?Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/18/2017
Date verified: 09/22/2017
OAT Scores: 280 AA, 280 TS
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.47
Extracurricular Activities: 80 hours of unpaid shadowing, Technician for 2+ years, UNICEF, MedX, etc.
Schools applied: PCO, Midwestern-Downers Grove, NOVA, PUCO, MCPHS, UIWRSO, SCO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (09/21), NOVA (09/24), Midwestern (09/21), PUCO (09/29)
Interviews accepted: PCO (10/3), Midwestern (10/2), NOVA (10/7), PUCO (10/20)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: PCO (10/20)
I'll keep you guys updated!
I'm going to retake my OAT in November.
Thank you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
Did PUCO ask you to retake when the offered you an interview? or did you just know you needed to?
Hi! Congratulations on your acceptance. I have same scores as you. I applied to Midwestern and I got interview. Would you mind sharing your experience? Did they ask you about your OAT scores? Did you hear back from them?Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/18/2017
Date verified: 09/22/2017
OAT Scores: 280 AA, 280 TS
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.47
Extracurricular Activities: 80 hours of unpaid shadowing, Technician for 2+ years, UNICEF, MedX, etc.
Schools applied: PCO, Midwestern-Downers Grove, NOVA, PUCO, MCPHS, UIWRSO, SCO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (09/21), NOVA (09/24), Midwestern (09/21), PUCO (09/29)
Interviews accepted: PCO (10/3), Midwestern (10/2), NOVA (10/7), PUCO (10/20)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: PCO (10/20)
I'll keep you guys updated!
I'm going to retake my OAT in November.
Thank you
Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/6
Date verified: 7/12
OAT Scores: AA: 370 TS: 350
Major: Biology
GPA: C: 3.02 S: 2.87
Extracurricular Activities: Founder/President of religious club at university; member/president of pre-optometry society; 2-week medical outreach program in Guatemala; various jobs not related to optometry; 30 hours of shadowing; 4 months of full-time work as an optometric technician (current)
Schools applied: OSU, PUCO, SCCO, AZCOP
Interviews extended/date: SCCO: 7/21. PUCO: 9/12. AZCOP: 9/14.
Interviews accepted: SCCO: 9/23. AZCOP: 10/9. PUCO: 10/20
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SCCO: 9/25. AZCOP: 10/18
My GPA is pretty low, but I hope my OAT score will make up for it!
9/12 Update: got an interview invite from Pacific.
9/14: interview offer from Midwestern AZ
9/25: Accepted into SCCO!
10/18: Accepted into AZCOP!
10/26: Waitlisted with PUCO
Final update: I'm going to Arizona!!!
Canadian Applicant!!
Date OptomCAS submitted: August 20
Date verified: August 21
** didn't write OAT until Oct. 7, so applications weren't verified with schools until Oct. 19
OAT Scores: TS 310 AA 320
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.47
Extracurricular Activities: Volunteer abroad, volunteer in community, some Doc optometry shadowing
Schools applied: AZCOPT, Midwestern Chicago, NOVA (haven't submitted supplemental), Western U (I think there is a supplemental I need to submit), MCHPS, still have a NECO partway done and not submitted
Interviews extended/date: 10/23 ( Midwestern Chicago), 10/26 (AZCOPT), 10/27 (MCHPS)
Interviews accepted: THINKING
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
I am seeing a lot of people applying to SCO and PCO.. is this your in state college or why the popularity? Just curious, thanks
Date OptomCAS submitted: August 20
Date verified: August 21
** didn't write OAT until Oct. 7, so applications weren't verified with schools until Oct. 19
OAT Scores: TS 310 AA 320
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.47
Extracurricular Activities: Volunteer abroad, volunteer in community, some Doc optometry shadowing
Schools applied: AZCOPT, Midwestern Chicago, NOVA (haven't submitted supplemental), Western U (I think there is a supplemental I need to submit), MCHPS, still have a NECO partway done and not submitted
Interviews extended/date: 10/23 ( Midwestern Chicago), 10/26 (AZCOPT), 10/27 (MCHPS)
Interviews accepted: THINKING
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
I am seeing a lot of people applying to SCO and PCO.. is this your in state college or why the popularity? Just curious, thanks
Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/10
Date verified: 9/12
OAT Scores: AA 360, TS 370
Major: B.S. Biology, Hispanic Linguistics
GPA: 3.12
Extracurricular Activities: Sorority social chair/fraternity education chair, co-chair of philanthropic pageant, facilitator of processes for Spanish language barrier project, summer internship at optometrists office, shadowing/optometric technician jobs at various optometric practices in multiple states, merchandising chair for club supporting pediatric cancer patients, other random jobs
Schools applied: PCO, SCO, NECO, ICO, IUSO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (9/14), SCO (9/12), NECO (9/19), ICO (9/19), IUSO (10/16)
Interviews accepted: PCO (9/28), SCO (10/2), NECO (10/6), ICO (10/10)
Interviews declined: IUSO
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: PCO (10/11), SCO (10/4), NECO (10/11), ICO (10/26)
I'll be attending SCO next fall! Can't wait!!
Date verified: 9/12
OAT Scores: AA 360, TS 370
Major: B.S. Biology, Hispanic Linguistics
GPA: 3.12
Extracurricular Activities: Sorority social chair/fraternity education chair, co-chair of philanthropic pageant, facilitator of processes for Spanish language barrier project, summer internship at optometrists office, shadowing/optometric technician jobs at various optometric practices in multiple states, merchandising chair for club supporting pediatric cancer patients, other random jobs
Schools applied: PCO, SCO, NECO, ICO, IUSO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (9/14), SCO (9/12), NECO (9/19), ICO (9/19), IUSO (10/16)
Interviews accepted: PCO (9/28), SCO (10/2), NECO (10/6), ICO (10/10)
Interviews declined: IUSO
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: PCO (10/11), SCO (10/4), NECO (10/11), ICO (10/26)
I'll be attending SCO next fall! Can't wait!!
Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/18
Date verified: 9/20
OAT Scores: AA 340 TS 340
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.5
Extracurricular Activities: President of Cultural club, Pre-optometry club, Pre-Health Fraternity, 50+ Hours Shadowing, Swimming Instructor
Schools applied: SUNY, NECO, SALUS, MCPHS
Interviews extended/date: SUNY (9/25), SALUS (9/26), NECO (9/26), MCPHS (10/31)
Interviews accepted: SUNY (10/05)
Interviews declined: NECO, SALUS (Cancelled after being accepted to SUNY)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SUNY 10/06


Date verified: 9/20
OAT Scores: AA 340 TS 340
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.5
Extracurricular Activities: President of Cultural club, Pre-optometry club, Pre-Health Fraternity, 50+ Hours Shadowing, Swimming Instructor
Schools applied: SUNY, NECO, SALUS, MCPHS
Interviews extended/date: SUNY (9/25), SALUS (9/26), NECO (9/26), MCPHS (10/31)
Interviews accepted: SUNY (10/05)
Interviews declined: NECO, SALUS (Cancelled after being accepted to SUNY)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SUNY 10/06



Last edited:
Hello everyone!
Congrats to all those who have been accepted and good luck to those that are still in the application process for this cycle!
QUICK QUESTION:
I plan to apply next cycle for 2018-2019, I already have an OptomCAS login with some of the stuff filled out, but this was just so I would be familiar with the interface of OptomCAS. Will the my information carry over when the next cycle starts?
All your information will be saved there! No worries! 🙂
Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/22
Date verified: 08/24
OAT Scores: 330 AA / 350 TS
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.5
Extracurricular Activities: 3 school clubs, over 100 hours of shadowing in 3 different optometry settings, volunteer program at a hospital, personal tutor for 2 years
Schools applied: SUNY, PCO, NECO, MCPHS, & NOVA
Interviews extended/date: SUNY (09/11), PCO (08/28), NECO (09/07)
Interviews accepted: SUNY & PCO
Interviews declined: Cancelled NECO after being accepted to SUNY (never submitted NOVA's supplemental & never heard anything back from MCPHS in regards to an interview)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SUNY (10/06) & PCO (10/06)
Will be attending SUNY next year!!!
Holla! I'm attending SUNY next year too~ Congrats looking forward to meeting you! 🙂
I will be attending OSU next fall!!Date OptomCAS submitted: 07/16
Date verified: 07/26
OAT Scores: 320AA 310TS(08/28)
Major: Bio
GPA: 3.75
Extracurricular Activities: Optometry club, community service through church, working as an optometric tech.
Schools applied: OSU, SCO, PCO
Interviews extended/date: PCO(08/09), OSU (08/28), SCO(08/28)
Interviews accepted: OSU(09/22) & SCO(09/29)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: OSU(09/27) & SCO(10/05)
.
Last edited:
Thank you! Congrats to you too! I actually think we were in the same interview group at SUNY on Oct. 5th!!Holla! I'm attending SUNY next year too~ Congrats looking forward to meeting you! 🙂
Does receiving a supplemental typically result in an interview? Any advice from those who have been through the interview process? General questions that were asked? Any unexpected questions?
Thank you in advance for any advice!
Thank you in advance for any advice!
Date OptomCAS submitted: 9/07/17
Date verified: 9/10/17
OAT Scores: AA: 370 TS: 390
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.9
Extracurricular Activities: Tutoring, research program, hospital volunteer, 50 hours of shadowing
Schools applied: SUNY
Interviews extended/date: 9/11
Interviews accepted: SUNY (10/05)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SUNY 10/06 !
Date verified: 9/10/17
OAT Scores: AA: 370 TS: 390
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.9
Extracurricular Activities: Tutoring, research program, hospital volunteer, 50 hours of shadowing
Schools applied: SUNY
Interviews extended/date: 9/11
Interviews accepted: SUNY (10/05)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SUNY 10/06 !
I submitted my apps 10/9 and finally got extended an interview for UHCO! (10/24)I feel you. Submitted 2.5 months ago to UHCO and still nothing here either.
Can someone explain what exactly "Interview Extended" means?
Interview Extended means that the school has initially invited you for an interview/let you know through email that they want to interview you and the date is when they invited you for said interview. Interviews Accepted are for when you accept and set up a date for the interview later on for the schools. Hope that helps.Can someone explain what exactly "Interview Extended" means?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what schools extend an invitation for you to interview, and the date they notified you of this opportunityCan someone explain what exactly "Interview Extended" means?
Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/18/2017
Date verified: 09/22/2017
OAT Scores: 280 AA, 280 TS
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.47
Extracurricular Activities: 80 hours of unpaid shadowing, Technician for 2+ years, UNICEF, MedX, etc.
Schools applied: PCO, Midwestern-Downers Grove, NOVA, PUCO, MCPHS, UIWRSO, SCO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (09/21), NOVA (09/24), Midwestern (09/21), PUCO (09/29), MCPHS (10/26), UIWRSO (10/26)
Interviews accepted: PCO (10/3), Midwestern (10/2), NOVA (10/7) - Cancelled, PUCO (10/20)
Interviews declined: UIWRSO, MCPHS
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: PCO (10/20), PUCO (10/25)
I'll be attending PUCO!
Super surprise they even gave me an acceptance.
Congratulations on your acceptance! I am interviewing at Midwestern- Downers Grove. Was the interview a group interview? Is it open file?
Any input on the interview would be very helpful!
Thank you!!
its when you get invited to come interview at the school.Can someone explain what exactly "Interview Extended" means?
Date OptomCAS submitted: August 29th
Date verified: September 8th
OAT Scores: 310AA 310 TS
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.24 (cumulative), 3.12 (science gpa)
Extracurricular Activities: campus musician, hospital volunteer (154 hrs), Shadowing 87 hrs ( three modes of practice), guitar instructor,
senator in Student Government, Feeding South Florida, Homeless Outreach etc.
Schools applied: NOVA
Interviews extended/date: NOVA (September 28th)
Interviews accepted: NOVA (October 27th)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: NOVA (November 3rd)
I know my stats are not the greatest but I am grateful for my acceptance. Don't be scared to apply if your stats are similar to mine. I appreciate the advice I received from this board.
Date verified: September 8th
OAT Scores: 310AA 310 TS
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.24 (cumulative), 3.12 (science gpa)
Extracurricular Activities: campus musician, hospital volunteer (154 hrs), Shadowing 87 hrs ( three modes of practice), guitar instructor,
senator in Student Government, Feeding South Florida, Homeless Outreach etc.
Schools applied: NOVA
Interviews extended/date: NOVA (September 28th)
Interviews accepted: NOVA (October 27th)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: NOVA (November 3rd)
I know my stats are not the greatest but I am grateful for my acceptance. Don't be scared to apply if your stats are similar to mine. I appreciate the advice I received from this board.
Hi did you do your interview at midwestern university. Would you mind sharing your experience about the interview and what kind of essay you were asked to write??Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/16
Date verified: 08/18
OAT Scores: 330 AA and 330 TS
Major: Biomedical Sciences and Masters in Biology
GPA: 3.00 overall / 2.955 science (Took many post-bacc courses afterward)
Extracurricular Activities: Shadowing (200+ hours), Volunteering (local, school, church and Optometry), Work experience (3 years - IT consultant)
Schools applied: SCCO, Western, MCPHS, ICO, Midwestern (Chicago), Pacific, Salus, NOVA, Missouri
Interviews extended/date: SCCO, ICO, Midwestern (Chicago), Pacific, NOVA
Interviews accepted:
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
How long does it take for MCPHS to get back to you?
Thank you
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 470
E