SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Class of 2022 Thread

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by Stirling, Aug 6, 2017.

1. dp44

dp44

Jun 21, 2017
    Hey! I don't know about how many seats remain, but I do know that they are still interviewing if that helps.

Ellowyan likes this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. ODforLife

ODforLife

Feb 3, 2018
    Date OptomCAS submitted: 11/3/17
    Date verified: 11/09/2017
    OAT Scores: 300AA
    Major: Human Physiology
    GPA: 3.43
    Extracurricular Activities: Volunteers, shadows, WISE, etc.
    Schools applied: NSUCO, UMSL, ICO, IUSO
    Interviews extended/date: UMSL (12/19), NSUCO (1/12), ICO (1/16), IUSO (1/26)
    Interviews accepted: UMSL , NSUCO, ICO , IUSO
    Interviews declined:
    Rejections/date:
    Acceptance/date:
    UMSL (12/19), ICO (1/19), IUSO (1/30)

I am torn between all three of my offering schools for different reasons. In general, I didn't "love" IUSO and it just didn't give me any reason to keep in the running. I did love ICO's facilities and school, but location in a huge city didn't seem like somewhere I want to be for 3+ years. I liked UMSL's small classes and they have a new clinic on campus with a few different other clinics in St. Louis. I would feel more comfortable in a smaller city, but I didn't think that UMSL's clinician skills were really praised. I have met tons of IUSO and ICO grads who loved both schools. Does anyone have any advice on any of these schools that could help me narrow down my decision?

4. ODforLife

ODforLife

Feb 3, 2018
    I interviewed on 1/16 and heard back on 1/19, but my letter got lost in the mail for about a week before I actually got it. Not sure what happened there.

5. eyeeseeeyou

eyeeseeeyou

Dec 8, 2017
    Hey Marwan...... Did you end up getting accepted in Midwestern?

6. eyeeseeeyou

eyeeseeeyou

Dec 8, 2017
    Hey..... are you attending CCO?

7. heypals

heypals

Dec 27, 2017
    Just wanted to update that I interviewed at UHCO on 2/5 and was accepted 2/8! Will be attending UHCO in the fall :)

Toofar likes this.