EB73674

2+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2017
I don’t know if this is the thread style for these (haha), but with VMCAS opening this morning we are officially in the application cycle for class of 2024! Who else is applying? Where are you applying and why? Any thoughts on the essays/questions yet?

Elkhart

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2015
Kansas City, MO
Status
Non-Student
Generally, the “How ya doin?” threads are created more towards the end of the cycle when applicants start to choose where they specifically want to attend and finalize their plans. :)

Up until then, they have their own general application/VMCAS thread:

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Behind the green curtains
Status
Veterinarian
Ohh oops! Is there a way to delete this thread?
Just change it to c/o 2024 applicants. There is always a general application thread to get to know one another. The how ya doin is made for the accepted people. :)

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
Just change it to c/o 2024 applicants. There is always a general application thread to get to know one another. The how ya doin is made for the accepted people. :)
Changed it for ya! Good luck, applicants! May your application process be smooth and you get many offers! :woot:

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
Y'all sure is quiet. Where's the sense of community? Don't be like the '19ers!!!! Be outgoing and support each other from the start for life long friendships. And places to crash for externships. haha

CDN-Prevet

OVC 2023
May 13, 2018
Status
Veterinary Student
Might as well post here! Accepted to Melbourne, interviewing at OVC on Thursday, waiting on Sydney decision

OP
E

EB73674

2+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2017
Essays for daysssssssss. That’s how I feel about this process.
YUP, so many essays, slightly nervous about getting them all done. Also questioning whether my choices are a good idea - my GPA is pretty gnarly but experience & GRE scores are good, hoping I haven’t shot myself in the foot by not applying to the Island schools this time around...

Reactions: EngrSC
Nov 2, 2018
Status
Pre-Veterinary
So what is everyone considering to be holistic schools? I have no IS schools, but i have a few contract schools. Just wanna apply places that OOS is considered. I’m def applying to LMU again, because i love it.

SkiOtter

c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
So what is everyone considering to be holistic schools? I have no IS schools, but i have a few contract schools. Just wanna apply places that OOS is considered. I’m def applying to LMU again, because i love it.
This chart from the vmcas site says how many OOS seats each school has and then you can go from there and look at what each school looks at and if they care about more than numbers and you can see their average stats.

Old-Country-Vet-Tech

Professional Goat Wrangler and Pony Whisperer
2+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2016
Florida
Status
Pre-Veterinary
I dont know how im going to write these essays while working 44hrs a week but im going to. Hopefully I get a long lunch. I figure if I can work on them enough to get them done by july ill have them looked over by sept.

Chubbster

Banana c/o 2023
Feb 15, 2018
As if application shenanigans aren’t stressful enough, let’s add osteosarcoma to the mix :1cry:
My dog was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer a little before apps were due so I was definitely distracted the whole month of September. Most stressed I’ve ever been. Totally feel you. :hungover:

• Sad

EngrSC

5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2012
Right Coast
Status
Pre-Veterinary
My dog was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer a little before apps were due so I was definitely distracted the whole month of September. Most stressed I’ve ever been. Totally feel you. :hungover:
It sucks man. I took a few days away from apps because I didn’t think writing essays when my heart feels broken would do me any favors. It’s so different when it’s your own pet. Just trying to enjoy what little time we have left together.

• Sad
Reactions: Chubbster

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Staff member
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2012
Status
Veterinarian
<3 Engr.

Chubbster

Banana c/o 2023
Feb 15, 2018
It sucks man. I took a few days away from apps because I didn’t think writing essays when my heart feels broken would do me any favors. It’s so different when it’s your own pet. Just trying to enjoy what little time we have left together.
Agreed! I actually almost didn’t submit my apps because I was so broken. I didn’t care about anything else but her but since she was the major motivator in my path to veterinary medicine, I said I’d do right by her and press on! We’re about 8 months post dx. She doesn’t know she’s ill, so we treat everyday as a blessing and act as if everything is normal!

EngrSC

5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2012
Right Coast
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Agreed! I actually almost didn’t submit my apps because I was so broken. I didn’t care about anything else but her but since she was the major motivator in my path to veterinary medicine, I said I’d do right by her and press on! We’re about 8 months post dx. She doesn’t know she’s ill, so we treat everyday as a blessing and act as if everything is normal!
This pretty much sums up how I feel but I must press on! I hope I’ll feel better with time.

We had professional photos taken of our guy while he’s still happy and it was so so so worth it. Highly recommend if you have a photographer friend!

file may 19, 06 48 54.png