Class of 2025 :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have received an invitation to interview with Salus, are you applying to the Traditional program, Scholars program, or both? I had my application verified and all my supplementary materials turned in by late July but have not heard back from them yet. Just wondering if I should reach out to them about my file or not
I did traditional!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/14/2020
Date verified: 08/15/2020
OAT Scores: 350 AA/ 380 TS
Major: Physiology
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.76/3.61
Extracurricular Activities: Shadowed 3 optometrists at 2 clinics, volunteer at college organization(120 hrs), volunteer work at different organizations(60 hrs). Internship in senator office(3 months).
Multiple honors and dean’s list awards plus certifications in 3 honor societies.
Letters of Recommendation: 1 from Optometrist(observed with), 1 from Honors College Teacher, 1 from Chemistry Teacher, and 1 from college organization where I volunteered.
Schools applied: AZCOPT, PUCO, PCO, NOVA, OSU
Interviews extended/date: AZCOPT (08/17/2020), PUCO (08/16/2020), OSU(09/01/2020), NOVA(09/04/2020)
Interviews accepted/date: AZCOPT (09/16), PUCO (09/11), NOVA (09/14)
Interviews declined/date: OSU (9/5)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: Nova(9/19),PUCO(9/19)
Waitlisted: AZCOPT

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Date OptomCAS submitted: 07/16/2020
Date verified: 07/22/2020
OAT Scores: 300 AA/300 TS
Major: Biology with a Minor in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
GPA (Overall/Science): Overall: 3.76/Science: 3.67
Schools applied: NSU, UAB, MCPHS, IUSO, CCO (Midwestern), KYCO, Salus PCO and UMSL
Extra Curriculars: Historian of my Sorority (1 year), Director of Memebrship and Programming at the local chapter of NOW (On Going), Shadowed 1 Optometrist for 1 Semester, Worked as a Technician for 1 year, Own an online business and Volunteer with the Department of Blind Services.
Interviews extended/date: IUSO (8/3) KYCO (8/4), CCO (8/7), NSU (8/10), UMSL (8/12), UAB (8/14), MCPHS (8/26)
Interviews accepted/date: IUSO (9/4), KYCO (8/13), CCO (8/18), NSU (8/24), UMSL (9/11), UAB (9/22 but rescheduled to 10/16), MCPHS (8/31)
Interviews declined/date:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: CCO (8/19), KYCO (8/26), NSU (8/28)
Hey ! I was wondering how your recent IU interview went? How was the format? I have one later this month with IU ! Thanks....

Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/14/2020
Date verified: 08/15/2020
OAT Scores: 350 AA/ 380 TS
Major: Physiology
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.76/3.61
Extracurricular Activities: Shadowed 3 optometrists at 2 clinics, volunteer at college organization(120 hrs), volunteer work at different organizations(60 hrs). Internship in senator office(3 months).
Multiple honors and dean’s list awards plus certifications in 3 honor societies.
Letters of Recommendation: 1 from Optometrist(observed with), 1 from Honors College Teacher, 1 from Chemistry Teacher, and 1 from college organization where I volunteered.
Schools applied: AZCOPT, PUCO, PCO, NOVA, OSU
Interviews extended/date: AZCOPT (08/17/2020), PUCO (08/16/2020), OSU(09/01/2020), NOVA(09/04/2020)
Interviews accepted/date: AZCOPT (09/16), PUCO (09/11), NOVA (09/14)
Interviews declined/date: OSU (9/5)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
Waitlisted:
I declined an interview to OSU as it wasn't really the top choice and with the requirement to actually visit their campus just to be accepted to a school that isn't on the top of my list didn't make much sense to me. No disrespect to Ohio State, I just applied for it as a possible choice if the others don't work out and I assumed the interview would be online like every other school that offered me an interview.

So Ohio State is holding in-person interviews? Also, did they send you an email invite for an interview or did your status change on the portal? Just wondering because OSU is my top choice and haven't heard anything from them yet. Good luck with all your interviews by the way!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/7/20
Date verified: 7/15/20
OAT Scores: 360 AA/350 TS
Major: Biomedical Sciences with a minor in Business
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.88 overall, 3.78 science
Extracurricular Activities: worked in optometry office, shadowed 2 optometrists, couple of different volunteer groups, leadership position in sorority, part-time job
Schools applied: NECO, SCO, ICO, UAB, NOVA
Interviews extended/date: NECO (7/23), UAB (7/29), SCO (8/5), NOVA (8/17), ICO (8/19)
Interviews accepted/date: NECO (8/21), UAB (8/25), SCO (8/13), NOVA (8/24), ICO (8/31)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SCO (8/19), NOVA (8/27), UAB (8/28), NECO (9/4)

Good luck to everyone!!
Date OptomCAS submitted: July 15
Date verified: July 18
OAT Scores: 300/300
Major: Life Sciences
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.09/3.02
Schools applied: PCO, MCPHS, SCO, ICO, NOVA, IAUPR, Ferris State, IUSO, UABSO, KYCO
Interviews extended/date: NOVA (8/21), ICO (8/21), IUSO (8/24), MCPHS (8/26), PCO (8/28)
Interviews accepted/date: NOVA (9/14), ICO (9/18), IUSO (10/16), MCPHS (9/8), PCO (9/22)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

what do you guys think? My GPA and OAT scores are on the lower end but I have a lot of extracurricular involvement with almost 5 years of experience in working in an optometry office, shadowing several doctors and have a high leadership position at my university's optometry club.
The number of interviews look great ! You are a good candidate for an admission spot given the amount of schools interested in you .

Reactions: 1 user
Extracurricular Activities: worked in optometry office, shadowed 2 optometrists, couple of different volunteer groups, leadership position in sorority, part-time job
Interviews extended/date: NECO (7/23), UAB (7/29), SCO (8/5), NOVA (8/17), ICO (8/19)
Interviews accepted/date: NECO (8/21), UAB (8/25), SCO (8/13), NOVA (8/24), ICO (8/31)
Rejections/date:

Good luck to everyone!!
Congrats!Would you care to share what your SCO faculty interview was like ? I have one coming up this week. Thank you in advance.

Hey ! I was wondering how your recent IU interview went? How was the format? I have one later this month with IU ! Thanks....
It was good. Not really an interview but more so a Q&A with faculty and students.
It was from 10-1:30pm which was kinda long but they answered all of my questions about the program. Amazing alumni network and world renown faculty in the field.

Did anyone make a final decision on where they’re attending next fall?

I just paid my NSU deposit and I’m still waiting on a couple more decisions (most likely will go through with Nova though)

Congrats & Good luck to all!✨

Reactions: 5 users
Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/10
Date verified: 7/16
OAT Scores: TS & AA: 340
Major: Biology
GPA : 3.73
Schools applied: SALUS, AZCOPT, NOVA, OSU
Interviews extended/date: OSU 7/13, AZCOPT 7/16
Interviews accepted/date: OSU 8/7, AZCOPT 7/31
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: AZCOPT 8/3, OSU 8/13

I’m so excited that I will be a part of OSU’s class of 2025!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!Would you care to share what your SCO faculty interview was like ? I have one coming up this week. Thank you in advance.
It was a closed file interview with one faculty member. It was really laid back and conversational. To prepare, just go over why you decided to pursue optometry and make sure you have question for the interviewer. Out of all my interviews, this one was the only one to ask about current legislation in optometry. You don't need know the whole story, but maybe try to figure out if your state allows lasers or injections and talk about that for a little. But, overall it was bad at all. It was mostly the interviewer trying to get to know me and me trying to get to know her.

Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/10
Date verified: 7/16
OAT Scores: TS & AA: 340
GPA : 3.73
Schools applied: SALUS, AZCOPT, NOVA, OSU
Interviews extended/date: OSU 7/13, AZCOPT 7/16
Interviews accepted/date: OSU 8/7, AZCOPT 7/31
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: AZCOPT 8/3, OSU 8/13

I’m so excited that I will be a part of OSU’s class of 2025!
If you don't mind sharing, how was the OSU interview? And what were your extra-curriculars like? I hope to get into OSU as well! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Date OptomCAS submitted: 07/03/2020
Date verified: 07/20/2020 (had to wait for transcripts)
Major: Neuroscience
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.85
Extracurriculars: Research Assistant 2 years, Teaching Assistant (Neuroscience Anat. Lab), Optometric Tech, Medical Clerk, Shadowed 5 doctors, Special Olympics Opening Eyes Volunteer, Autism Speaks Member, Attended 2 Summer Optometry Programs, Exec member of my Pre-Opt Club
Schools applied: NSU, UAB, SCO, IUSO, AZCOPT, PCO Salus
Interviews extended/date: AZCOPT (07/29), UAB (8/5), SCO (8/5), NSU (8/17), IUSO (8/13), PCO Salus (8/28)
Interviews accepted/date: AZCOPT (08/12), UAB (8/26), SCO (8/13), NSU (8/31)
Interviews declined/date: IUSO (8/13), PCO Salus (8/28)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: SCO (8/19), AZCOPT (8/21), UAB (8/28), NSU (9/3)

Good luck to everyone! I am super grateful to be done with all my interviews before September! If anyone has any questions about the schools I C
Please tell about your faculty interview with SCO and the questions that were asked... I have one coming up soon.... Thank you in advance

Date OptomCAS submitted: 07/29/2020
Date verified: 07/30/2020
OAT Scores: 350AA /350TS
Major: BS Psychology, Bioethics Minor & Health Promotion Minor
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.56 Overall/ 3.24 Science
Extracurricular Activities: summer of shadowing, 1 year optician, 1 year optometric tech, 4 years intern/community service with department of health and human services, summer intern/community service Mediterranean refugee camp, pre-optometry club, psychology club, sorority member, multiple other volunteer opportunities
Schools applied: NECO, IUSO, ICO, Salus, SCO
Interviews extended/date: NECO 08/01, SCO 08/12, IUSO 08/13, ICO 08/21
Interviews accepted/date: NECO 09/11, SCO 08/27, IUSO 09/25y
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
SCO 9/2 !!!!

I'll update as I hear more!
Hey ! Would you please share about faculty interview questions from SCO last week. I have my interview coming up soon and it makes me nervous.. Thank you !

Please tell about your faculty interview with SCO and the questions that were asked... I have one coming up soon.... Thank you in advance
The faculty interview was very conversational for me! We talked about my extracurriculars and where I see myself working in the future. My best advicee would be to go to the interview tabs and then answer all the questions under SCO because I did that and felt very prepared. She also asked me about then authorities Optometrists have in TN (medicine prescriptions/glaucoma care/etc.) which I was thankfully prepared for...I think she was just testing me but she was very impressed when I knew. Answer all those questions that interviewers have submitted in the past and be yourself!

Hey guys, is it beneficial to apply without OAT score, I was planing to take the exam on the 19th but I’ll have to push it to October. I’m gonna apply to ICO, PCO, NECO and SUNY. Has anyone gotten interviews without OAT score?

Hey ! Would you please share about faculty interview questions from SCO last week. I have my interview coming up soon and it makes me nervous.. Thank you !
My experience was quite casual and low-stress. I also prepared for all the questions on SDN, but I was really only asked why optometry and about my experiences in the field. The rest was very conversational. The interview is closed-book, so I would recommend getting comfortable with talking about your accomplishments and goals in a conversational manner, without being directly asked. Best of luck!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 07/07/2020
Date verified: 07/21/2020
OAT Scores: 330AA/310TS
Major: Chemistry
GPA (Overall/Science): Overall: 3.74/Science: 3.51
Schools applied: NECO, MCPHS
Interviews extended/date: NECO (7/24/2020) MCPHS (08/26/2020)
Interviews accepted/date: NECO (08/21/2020)
Interviews declined/date: MCPHS (09/04/2020)
Rejections/date: N/A
Acceptance/date: NECO (09/04/2020)

Attending NECO!
Hi, congrats on your acceptance and decision! I'm interviewing at NECO on Friday, do you have any advice or insight? Also, do you know if they offer good scholarships?

Hey guys, is it beneficial to apply without OAT score, I was planing to take the exam on the 19th but I’ll have to push it to October. I’m gonna apply to ICO, PCO, NECO and SUNY. Has anyone gotten interviews without OAT score?
Hey!! It is definitely worth it to apply without your OAT scores. My stats and everything are on the first page, but basically I applied in early August without my OAT, and received interviews from PCO, AZCOPT and IUSO. I’m not sure about NECO and SUNY since I didn’t apply there, but I know that ICO probably won’t review your application until they receive scores, at least that’s what they told me. The good thing is most schools are super understanding right now with covid and everything.
Plus the earlier you submit your application the quicker everything can get verified (like transcripts, LORs, etc). Get yourself out there, you got this!! Good luck :)

Hi, congrats on your acceptance and decision! I'm interviewing at NECO on Friday, do you have any advice or insight? Also, do you know if they offer good scholarships?
Congrats on the interview! The whole day was so much more relaxed than I anticipated. I was super nervous and there wasn’t much reason to be. The interview it self is mainly conversational and they give you so much time to ask questions, so be ready for that. They also have a student panel too that you can ask questions to which was super helpful! As for scholarships, I’m not sure! I think they’ve said it’s limited in what they give. I watched future eye docs video on YouTube when she talked with the director of admissions and it was super informative! I hope it goes well for you!

Hey!! It is definitely worth it to apply without your OAT scores. My stats and everything are on the first page, but basically I applied in early August without my OAT, and received interviews from PCO, AZCOPT and IUSO. I’m not sure about NECO and SUNY since I didn’t apply there, but I know that ICO probably won’t review your application until they receive scores, at least that’s what they told me. The good thing is most schools are super understanding right now with covid and everything.
Plus the earlier you submit your application the quicker everything can get verified (like transcripts, LORs, etc). Get yourself out there, you got this!! Good luck :)
Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I'm disappointed because I wanted to take the OAT and apply early but I'm not ready :(

I also got an interview with ICO without my OAT/GRE!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/22/2020
Date verified: 08/25/2020
OAT Scores: 330 AA/TS
GPA:
3.68 overall, 3.43 science
Extracurricular Activities: 30 hours shadowing an optometrist and an ophthalmologist, 20 hours volunteering at a nonprofit for the visually impaired in Chicago, Vice President of Programming and Secretary of my sorority, two part time jobs, immunology research internship at a medical school, research study abroad in Spain
Schools applied: IUSO, ICO, OSU, CCO
Interviews extended/date: IUSO (09/04), ICO (9/16)
Interviews accepted/date: IUSO (09/18), ICO (11/6)
Interviews declined/date: OSU
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
IUSO (09/22), ICO (11/13)

Will be attending ICO! Reach out if you are too :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Schools applied: NSU, UAB, MCPHS, IUSO, CCO (Midwestern), KYCO, Salus PCO and UMSL
Extra Curriculars: Historian of my Sorority (1 year), Director of Memebrship and Programming at the local chapter of NOW (On Going), Shadowed 1 Optometrist for 1 Semester, Worked as a Technician for 1 year, Own an online business and Volunteer with the Department of Blind Services.
Interviews extended/date: IUSO (8/3) KYCO (8/4), CCO (8/7), NSU (8/10), UMSL (8/12), UAB (8/14), MCPHS (8/26)
Interviews accepted/date: IUSO (9/4), KYCO (8/13), CCO (8/18), NSU (8/24), UMSL (9/11), UAB (9/22 but rescheduled to 10/16), MCPHS (8/31)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: CCO (8/19), KYCO (8/26), NSU (8/28), MCPHS (9/9), IUSO (9/9)

How was the style of the CCO interview? What types of questions did you get, how long did it take, etc...

Congrats on all your acceptances!!

Interviews accepted/date: IUSO (9/4), KYCO (8/13), CCO (8/18), NSU (8/24), UMSL (9/14), UAB (9/22 but rescheduled to 10/16), MCPHS (8/31)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: CCO (8/19), KYCO (8/26), NSU (8/28), MCPHS (9/9), IUSO (9/9)

Hey! Congratz on all your acceptances! I received an offer to MCPHS on the same day and was wondering if you received anything through your email or the MCPHS student portal? On 9/9 they told me everything should be updated by today but I haven't seen anything yet! Once again, congratz!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/08/20
Date verified: 09/09/20
OAT Scores: 340 AA/350 TS
Major: BSA Biology/Minor in Business Administration; Pre-health Professions Certificate
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.72/3.66
Schools applied: NSUOCO, UHCO, UMSL, UIWRSO
Interviews extended/date: NSUOCO(09/10/20), UMSL(09/10/20), UIWRSO(09/11/20), UHCO(09/28/20)
Interviews accepted/date: NSUOCO(09/24/20), UMSL(09/21/20), UIWRSO(09/23/20), UHCO(10/14/20)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: UMSL(09/10/20), NSUOCO(09/25/20), UIWRSO(09/30/20), UHCO (10/20/2020)

I will accepted my offer of admission at UHCO and will be attending next fall.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Hey! Congratz on all your acceptances! I received an offer to MCPHS on the same day and was wondering if you received anything through your email or the MCPHS student portal? On 9/9 they told me everything should be updated by today but I haven't seen anything yet! Once again, congratz!
Hey, thanks!
So on your MCPHS portal it should have the updated status and I also got an email with the acceptance letter along with a scholarship letter. You can give them a call tomorrow and tell them if the portal doesn’t update.

How did you prepare for the IUSO interview? Mine is on October 30th!
It is not an interview really. You don’t get any time 1:1 with faculty, it was more of a group discussion. Just make sure you’re asking questions and engaging in the conversation.

Did anyone make a final decision on where they’re attending next fall?

I just paid my NSU deposit and I’m still waiting on a couple more decisions (most likely will go through with Nova though)

Congrats & Good luck to all!✨
Congrats !!Hey , I m kinda in the same situation in that I m not sure which school for sure I want to spend the next 4 years of my life at.....Can I make deposits at two or three different schools? And, will the other schools know I have more than one deposit? Thanks!

Rejections/date:

Good luck to everyone!!
Congrats on all your acceptances!! I actually have an interview with NECO coming up. How was the interview and approx. how long? Thanks so much!

It went well! For me, it started with my faculty interview which was closed file followed by an open file interview with one of the recruiters. The faculty interview was more questions like why optometry, how did you choose optometry, and asking them any questions you had. The open file was asking more about academic record, times that you have failed, and how you deal with stress. Then you talked with the dean of student affairs followed by a student panel. So, all in all the day was kind of long (10:30-2:30ish), but I had a break in between my interviews and talking to the dean, so it didn't feel as long as it actually was. Good luck!
for anyone that has interviewed at nova, was the faculty interview actually 2 hours long? my schedule says it is to be from 9:00 am to 11:00 am followed by the open interview from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm. this seems like a really long interview in comparison to other schools??

Congrats on all your acceptances!! I actually have an interview with NECO coming up. How was the interview and approx. how long? Thanks so much!
the interview day starts at 10;30 and it begins with Dr. Purcell doing an introduction and all the interviewers introducing themselves as well in the group zoom. I think there are two sets of interview groups and t the time of your one-on-one faculty interview which is 45 minutes long you join another zoom with that person. Mine was very conversational and wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be! think about questions like why optometry, what you may think might be most difficult for you going back to school (i took some gap years so I was asked how the transition would be), how you deal with stress, and anything that might stand out in your academic record. 45 min went by so fast! after that, you join back into the big zoom and they go over the clinical program and have another doctor/professor talk to you about that and lastly it ends with financial aid/next steps and it's done. good luck!

the interview day starts at 10;30 and it begins with Dr. Purcell doing an introduction and all the interviewers introducing themselves as well in the group zoom. I think there are two sets of interview groups and t the time of your one-on-one faculty interview which is 45 minutes long you join another zoom with that person. Mine was very conversational and wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be! think about questions like why optometry, what you may think might be most difficult for you going back to school (i took some gap years so I was asked how the transition would be), how you deal with stress, and anything that might stand out in your academic record. 45 min went by so fast! after that, you join back into the big zoom and they go over the clinical program and have another doctor/professor talk to you about that and lastly it ends with financial aid/next steps and it's done. good luck!
thank you so much for the response!!

Hey guys, Does anyone know if IUOS is a good school? and how are the interviews being conducted. I'm planing to apply broadly and thinking of adding this school to my list. I'm from the north east and I want come feedback if the adjustment will be easy. Thank you guys for being so helpful

Congrats !!Hey , I m kinda in the same situation in that I m not sure which school for sure I want to spend the next 4 years of my life at.....Can I make deposits at two or three different schools? And, will the other schools know I have more than one deposit? Thanks!
You can definitely deposit at more than one school. Sometimes you won’t know where you want to end up early on. Schools find out if your deposited elsewhere in March and I think in May you need to decide. I’m in a similar boat and waiting to here about any potential scholarships but I think I may end up going to a school that hasn’t offered because of location/feel more comfortable.

Thank you so much! The day basically went as optopa said except my one-on-one was way different. My interviewer only asked me one question about an optometry office which I worked at and then the entire time it was me asking him questions. I definitely was not prepared to be asking him more than 2 or 3 questions about NECO. I ended up coming up with more and I think in total I asked him about 6 or 7 questions. It just depends on who you get paired with to interview you, so I would prepare some questions in case you get the faculty member I did. Good luck!!

for anyone that has interviewed at nova, was the faculty interview actually 2 hours long? my schedule says it is to be from 9:00 am to 11:00 am followed by the open interview from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm. this seems like a really long interview in comparison to other schools??
The faculty interview is around 45 minutes. Everyone interviewing on the same day meets with the same person for their open file at different times, so everyone has a different morning schedule. My faculty interview was at 9:30 and my open was at 10:30. Both were around 30-45 minutes long.

Hey guys, Does anyone know if IUOS is a good school? and how are the interviews being conducted. I'm planing to apply broadly and thinking of adding this school to my list. I'm from the north east and I want come feedback if the adjustment will be easy. Thank you guys for being so helpful
IU is definitely a good school. I had a relative graduate from IUSO. It is in a small town if that matters to you. I have applied. For some reason, OAT is optional this year.... not sure why? Past board scores are good. Faculty is a mix of many years experience to relatively new. Hope this helps!

IU is definitely a good school. I had a relative graduate from IUSO. It is in a small town if that matters to you. I have applied. For some reason, OAT is optional this year.... not sure why? Past board scores are good. Faculty is a mix of many years experience to relatively new. Hope this helps!
Do you know if their interview is virtual or in-person ?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/12/2020
Date verified: 8/13/2020
OAT Scores: 320AA/290TS (taken on 9/3)
GPA: 3.48 overall, 3.23 science
Extracurricular Activities: Full-time ABO Certified Optician ~2 years, then promoted to Lab Manager/Team Lead, 15 hours shadowing an optometrist, OneSight volunteering, non-optometric volunteering
Schools applied: AZCOPT, IUSO, Salus, PUCO, UMSL, ICO
Interviews extended/date: AZCOPT (8/15), IUSO (8/24), Salus (8/28), PUCO (9/6), UMSL (9/8)
Interviews accepted/date: AZCOPT (9/1), IUSO (9/25), Salus (9/14), PUCO (9/25), UMSL (9/21)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: AZCOPT (9/10)
Hi there! Congrats on all your interview offers! I have an upcoming interview with PCO Salus. How was the interview and approximately how long?

Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/29/20
Date verified: 8/31/20
OAT Scores: 340 AA/TS
Major: Cognitive Science
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.48/3.18
Schools applied: Pacific, UC Berkeley
Interviews extended/date: Pacific (9/9), Berkeley (9/14)
Interviews accepted/date: Pacific (9/25), Berkeley (9/26)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
Pacific (10/1), Berkeley (10/23)

I'm heading back to UC Berkeley Fall 2025!

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/29/20
Date verified: 8/31/20
OAT Scores: 340 AA/TS
Major: Cognitive Science
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.48/3.18
Schools applied: Pacific, UC Berkeley
Interviews extended/date: Pacific (9/9), Berkeley (9/14)
Interviews accepted/date: Pacific (9/25), Berkeley (9/26)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

I'm super conflicted between the two schools, so I'd love to hear any insight/opinions on them!
I’m in the same boat as you. Those are my top two schools as well. I’ve already interviewed at both so if you have any questions let me know!

I’m in the same boat as you. Those are my top two schools as well. I’ve already interviewed at both so if you have any questions let me know!

Hi there! UCBSO is one of my two top schools and I'm interviewing on 9/30. How was the general vibe and how in-depth were the interview questions?

Hi there! UCBSO is one of my two top schools and I'm interviewing on 9/30. How was the general vibe and how in-depth were the interview questions?
The vibe was really positive and the interviewers were very nice. The questions were sometimes difficult because they use situational questions. Just listen intently and you’ll be fine. They threw out some random questions too. Easy to answer but nothing you can really prepare for fully. Just be yourself and have some questions ready to ask at the end.

Hi there! Congrats on all your interview offers! I have an upcoming interview with PCO Salus. How was the interview and approximately how long?
Hey! The interview was pretty laid back, and everything I was asked was on the sdn interview page! My interview was one-on-one with the associate director of admissions, Lawrence Walsh. The interview was super conversational, even though it was just the two of us. After all my answers he would say "aww good" or "awesome!', I could tell he really cared that I felt comfortable. There are two sections to the interview, the first is just standard questions regarding optometry and getting to know you. That was about 20 minutes long. (Make sure you know how to answer "what are the opportunities for optometry? What are the challenges?")
In the second section, he opened up my application on his computer and had me explain my OAT and any of my grades that weren't the best. He was extremely reassuring the whole time, and there was no judgment from him. That lasted about fifteen minutes, and then it ended with me asking questions which lasted about five minutes. In total we used about 40 minutes of the allotted hour. He said their admissions board only meets every two and a half weeks, so decisions after interviews can take around two weeks.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey! I'm also applying to UCB, but I don't plan on submitting my application until October because I'm not taking my OAT until early October. Did you interview with other people as well? I was wondering how many people get interviewed each month because I don't want to feel like I submitted my application too late. Congrats on landing an interview though!