Class of 2025 :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How was your interview? I have mine tomorrow and am not sure what to expect!
It started with a few presentations about the school and then there was a Q&A given by two current students which was incredibly helpful! The interview itself was very laid back; it was open-file with a faculty member! My interviewer only asked me one question: what have you done throughout your whole life that has led you to this interview? He was just trying to get an understanding of who I was outside of optometry but also what propelled my motivation for optometry! Just be yourself and ask lots of questions whenever you can!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/25
Date verified: 09/28
OAT Scores: 340AA/310TS
Major: BS in Biological Engineering
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.0/2.88
Schools applied (date applied): IUSO (09/25), ICO (09/30), UCB (10/19), SCCO (10/06), SUNY (10/13), NECO (10/02), SCO (11/20), Western (11/21)
Interviews extended/date: ICO (10/5), NECO (10/7), SCCO (10/12), SUNY (10/15), UCBSO (11/5), Western (12/04), SCO (01/2021)
Interviews accepted/date: ICO (11/02), NECO (10/16), SCCO (11/10), SUNY (11/12), UCBSO (11/13), Western (12/11), SCO (01/14/2021)
Interviews declined/date:
Rejections/date:
SUNY like a week later, Berk a month later (post interview)
Acceptance/date: NECO (10/23), ICO (11/13), Western (12/14), SCO (01/19/2021)
WAITLISTED: SCCO (11/13)
Extracurriculars:
-
Worked as an optometric assistant for 10 months, shadowed for 10 hours
- Over 500 hrs of community service, including a medical mission in Vietnam

Waiting on IUSO :/
Does anyone have any insight on being on the alternate list for SCCO? Did anyone get moved off of it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/08/20
Date verified: 09/09/20
OAT Scores: 340 AA/350 TS
Major: BSA Biology/minor in Business Administration; Pre-health Professions Certificate
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.72/3.66
Schools applied: NSUOCO, UHCO, UMSL, UIWRSO
Interviews extended/date: NSUOCO(09/10/20), UMSL(09/10/20), UIWRSO(09/11/20)
Interviews accepted/date: NSUOCO(09/24/20), UMSL(09/21/20), UIWRSO(09/23/20)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: UMSL(09/10/20)

I will update after my interviews. Good luck everyone!

Have you heard anything back from UHCO?
I'm waiting for Houston too,

Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/30/20
Date verified: 09/01/20
OAT Scores: 350 AA/350 TS
Major: BSA Biology/minor in Teaching
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.48/3.5
Schools applied: NSUOCO, UHCO, NOVA
Interviews extended/date: NOVA (9/25/20)
Interviews accepted/date: NOVA (10/5/20)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

Members don't see this ad :)
This was sooo helpful. Can you remember any example questions they asked you? How did the preparation videos compare to the actual thing? My interview is next month!!
They asked me about how I would treat patients that were different then me, they asked me if I ever encountered anyone that I worked with that had different views then my when it came to human right and if so how I handled it. They also asked me a time that I can remember failing that wasn’t academically related and what I learned from it ! The videos were helpful though especially with the curriculum!

• Care
Hi everyone! Has anyone interviewed with PCO, MCPHS or CCO (Midwestern Chicago) yet? How was the interview process and were there any essay questions? Any advice or if you remember any of the interview questions, that would be super helpful! I couldn't find an SDN interview page for MCPHS or CCO (Midwestern Chicago).

Hi everyone! Has anyone interviewed with PCO, MCPHS or CCO (Midwestern Chicago) yet? How was the interview process and were there any essay questions? Any advice or if you remember any of the interview questions, that would be super helpful! I couldn't find an SDN interview page for MCPHS or CCO (Midwestern Chicago).
I Interviewed with both MCPHS & PCO and received offers from both! You can see my stats on the front page :)

MCPHS: One on one interview with a faculty member. She asked me general questions about why optometry, my experience, where I see myself, and if I had any questions about the school, program, faculty. Very relaxed and conversational and it didn't even feel like it was a full 40 min interview! I received an acceptance the next day. There is a timed 30-min essay question after the interview. The info for it is emailed to you and it was super relaxed and not nerve wracking. They basically wanted to see how you write and answer a specific prompt!

PCO: Same one on one interview with a non-faculty member. Open file and it was again very conversational. The interviewer loved my LORs and involvement within my local community so she kept on asking questions about it. The interview ended with me asking any questions but ultimately it was super relaxed. I heard back from PCO within 2 days.

Reactions: 1 users
I Interviewed with both MCPHS & PCO and received offers from both! You can see my stats on the front page :)

MCPHS: One on one interview with a faculty member. She asked me general questions about why optometry, my experience, where I see myself, and if I had any questions about the school, program, faculty. Very relaxed and conversational and it didn't even feel like it was a full 40 min interview! I received an acceptance the next day. There is a timed 30-min essay question after the interview. The info for it is emailed to you and it was super relaxed and not nerve wracking. They basically wanted to see how you write and answer a specific prompt!

PCO: Same one on one interview with a non-faculty member. Open file and it was again very conversational. The interviewer loved my LORs and involvement within my local community so she kept on asking questions about it. The interview ended with me asking any questions but ultimately it was super relaxed. I heard back from PCO within 2 days.

Congrats on your acceptances! That's awesome! Thank you so much, this is so helpful! I have similar stats to you, except my OAT scores are lower (270TS) and I'm pretty worried about that. Did either school happen to ask you about the OAT scores or any lower grades in transcripts? I'm not too sure how to explain mine except for the personal reasons.

Also, would you happen to remember what the prompts for MCPHS were? And if they time you from the time you start typing or when you open the link?

Congrats on your acceptances! That's awesome! Thank you so much, this is so helpful! I have similar stats to you, except my OAT scores are lower (270TS) and I'm pretty worried about that. Did either school happen to ask you about the OAT scores or any lower grades in transcripts? I'm not too sure how to explain mine except for the personal reasons.

Also, would you happen to remember what the prompts for MCPHS were? And if they time you from the time you start typing or when you open the link?
Neither of these schools or the other schools I've interviewed with asked me about my grades or OAT scores. Only KYCO directly asked me why my scores and grades were so low but I don't expect myself to accept an offer from that school if I do receive an acceptance. Other than that both of these school had no issues with my grades or OAT scores.

I don't remember the other prompts but the one I chose was should we use grades to represent students' academic achievement or something like that! Honestly don't worry about the prompts because they're pretty general and not science/optometry related from what I remember. Also the timer starts when you begin writing the passage for the prompt!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 09/23/20
Date verified: 10/06/20
OAT Scores: 320 AA/ 310 TS
Major: Honours in Biochemistry
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.18/3.21
Extracurriculars: working at local optometric practice/shadowing for 5 years, president of pre-optom society, Vice President of financial affairs for 3 clubs on campus (chem/biochem society, habitat for humanity, relay for life), president of the dance society, dance teacher, varsity dance team member and coach, research lab volunteer, chemistry lab TA/demonstrator, note-taker for students with disabilities, hospital volunteer, volunteer tutoring, midterm proctor
Schools applied: NECO
Interviews extended/date: NECO 10/08
Interviews accepted/date: NECO 11/02
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: NECO 11/06

Looking forward to being a part of the NECO Class of 2025!

Last edited:
Neither of these schools or the other schools I've interviewed with asked me about my grades or OAT scores. Only KYCO directly asked me why my scores and grades were so low but I don't expect myself to accept an offer from that school if I do receive an acceptance. Other than that both of these school had no issues with my grades or OAT scores.

I don't remember the other prompts but the one I chose was should we use grades to represent students' academic achievement or something like that! Honestly don't worry about the prompts because they're pretty general and not science/optometry related from what I remember. Also the timer starts when you begin writing the passage for the prompt!

Thank you so much for your help! You have been absolutely amazing help!! Congratulations on all of your interviews and acceptances! I hope to also join you in MCPHS' Class of 2025 :D

Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/12/2020
Date verified: 8/13/2020
OAT Scores: 320AA/290TS (taken on 9/3)
Major: Biology
GPA: 3.48 overall, 3.23 science
Extracurricular Activities: Full-time ABO Certified Optician ~2 years, then promoted to Lab Manager/Team Lead, 15 hours shadowing an optometrist, OneSight volunteering, non-optometric volunteering
Schools applied: AZCOPT, IUSO, PCO Salus, PUCO, UMSL, ICO
Interviews extended/date: AZCOPT (8/15), IUSO (8/24), PCO Salus (8/28), PUCO (9/6), UMSL (9/8), ICO (9/14)
Interviews accepted/date: AZCOPT (9/1), IUSO (9/25), PCO Salus (9/14), PUCO (9/25), UMSL (9/21)
Interviews declined/date: ICO (9/21)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: AZCOPT (9/10), UMSL (9/21), PCO Salus (9/23)
Congrats on your acceptances, that's amazing! Can I ask you how your interview with UMSL went?

Have you heard anything back from UHCO?
I'm waiting for Houston too,

Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/30/20
Date verified: 09/01/20
OAT Scores: 350 AA/350 TS
Major: BSA Biology/minor in Teaching
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.48/3.5
Schools applied: NSUOCO, UHCO, NOVA
Interviews extended/date: NOVA (9/25/20)
Interviews accepted/date: NOVA (10/5/20)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
Hey! I'm still waiting to hear back from UHCO

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone interviewed with SUNY? if so, how was it? thank you! also for the photo they want you to email, does that have to be like a professional headshot or just any picture of yourself

Date OptomCAS submitted: 07/29/2020
Date verified: 07/30/2020
OAT Scores: 350AA /350TS
Major: BS Psychology, Bioethics Minor & Health Promotion Minor
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.56 Overall/ 3.24 Science
Extracurricular Activities: summer of shadowing, 1 year optician, 1 year optometric tech, 4 years intern/community service with department of health and human services, summer intern/community service Mediterranean refugee camp, pre-optometry club, psychology club, sorority member, multiple other volunteer opportunities
Schools applied: NECO, IUSO, ICO, PCO, SCO
Interviews extended/date: NECO 8/01, SCO 8/12, IUSO 8/13, ICO 8/21, PCO 9/22
Interviews accepted/date: NECO 9/11, SCO 8/27, IUSO 9/2, ICO 9/25, PCO 10/16
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
SCO 9/2, NECO 9/22

I'll update as I hear more!
i interviewed with ico the same week as you, do you know when they said we would hear back?

Hey again! lol so I actually just got an email a half hour ago with an interview invitation from UHCO!
Great! Congrats! Are you in state applicant?

Last edited:
Congrats on your acceptances, that's amazing! Can I ask you how your interview with UMSL went?
Hey, thank you! The day started with about three hours of information from Nick who is the director of Student Services. He's really funny and does his best to keep everyone interested and laughing. As for the interview portion, honestly, UMSL was the most serious one I've had. Maybe it was just me, but the two interviewers I had (Dr. Henry and Dr. Tu) didn't seem too conversational. The questions themselves were simple and straightforward, though. Almost everything I was asked was on the sdn interview page for UMSL! The only one that wasn't was "What are you most afraid of in going to optometry school?".
The interview didn't last any more than 30 minutes, and I was given my acceptance email before 5pm that same day which was nice. Good luck with everything! :)

Hey, thank you! The day started with about three hours of information from Nick who is the director of Student Services. He's really funny and does his best to keep everyone interested and laughing. As for the interview portion, honestly, UMSL was the most serious one I've had. Maybe it was just me, but the two interviewers I had (Dr. Henry and Dr. Tu) didn't seem too conversational. The questions themselves were simple and straightforward, though. Almost everything I was asked was on the sdn interview page for UMSL! The only one that wasn't was "What are you most afraid of in going to optometry school?".
The interview didn't last any more than 30 minutes, and I was given my acceptance email before 5pm that same day which was nice. Good luck with everything! :)
Thank you for your insight, it's so helpful! Is this the sdn interview page that you're referring to? University of Missouri-St. Louis College of Optometry Interview Feedback

They asked me about how I would treat patients that were different then me, they asked me if I ever encountered anyone that I worked with that had different views then my when it came to human right and if so how I handled it. They also asked me a time that I can remember failing that wasn’t academically related and what I learned from it ! The videos were helpful though especially with the curriculum!
thank you SO MUCH for this! i hope to join you in their class!!!!

Hey! So this past Thursday, I received an offer from PCO/salus, and in their initial email it says that an official followup email will be emailed shortly regarding further details. How long did it take to receive this email? I still haven’t gotten one and was wondering if you think I should email the school? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hey! So this past Thursday, I received an offer from PCO/salus, and in their initial email it says that an official followup email will be emailed shortly regarding further details. How long did it take to receive this email? I still haven’t gotten one and was wondering if you think I should email the school? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!!
I'm in the same boat! Except its been over a week for me. I think I'm gonna email them and find out.

Date OptomCAS submitted: July 15
Date verified: July 18
OAT Scores: 300/300
Major: Life Sciences
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.09/3.02
Schools applied: PCO, MCPHS, SCO, ICO, NOVA, IAUPR, MCO, IUSO, UABSO, KYCO
Interviews extended/date: NOVA (8/21), ICO (8/21), IUSO (8/24), MCPHS (8/26), PCO (8/28), KYCO (9/17), IAUPR (9/17)
Interviews accepted/date: NOVA (9/14), ICO (9/18), IUSO (10/16), MCPHS (9/8), PCO (9/22), KYCO (9/25), IAUPR (10/2)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: MCPHS (9/9), NOVA (9/18), PCO (9/24), KYCO (10/2), ICO (10/5)

what do you guys think? My GPA and OAT scores are on the lower end but I have a lot of extracurricular involvement with almost 5 years of experience in working in an optometry office, shadowing several doctors and have a high leadership position at my university's optometry club.

Edit: I've only decided to accept all the interviews as I wanna experience and see how each school is virtually as I don't have the option to see them in person.

I'll be joining MCPHS' Class of 2025!
How did ICO contact you about your acceptance? I interviewed the same day as you but I haven’t heard anything :(

I'm in the same boat! Except its been over a week for me. I think I'm gonna email them and find out.
Yeah- Definitely let me know how that works out for ya! I might give them to the end of the week to reach out, and if they don’t, I’m gonna send an email. Was just getting kinda concerned lol.

How did ICO contact you about your acceptance? I interviewed the same day as you but I haven’t heard anything :(
They emailed me yesterday at 4:30pm! I think you should email them to follow up just in case!

Yeah- Definitely let me know how that works out for ya! I might give them to the end of the week to reach out, and if they don’t, I’m gonna send an email. Was just getting kinda concerned lol.
They just got back to me and said they should send it out by Wednesday this week. I think they've been experiencing some delays because quite a few people have experienced this. I'm not sure if the whole timeline is delayed (so I don't know if this only applies to the people who received acceptance letters the same week as me) but I would give them till the end of this week then reach out to them!

What should I say? I don’t want them to be under the impression that I’m rushing them
Hi! I've seen that ICO sometimes sends acceptance offers to people who interviewed on the same day on different days. I would give them one more week before reaching out to them.

They just got back to me and said they should send it out by Wednesday this week. I think they've been experiencing some delays because quite a few people have experienced this. I'm not sure if the whole timeline is delayed (so I don't know if this only applies to the people who received acceptance letters the same week as me) but I would give them till the end of this week then reach out to them!
Amazing! Thanks so much for letting me know. I'll make sure to reach out by the end of the week, if I haven't heard from them. :)

lemme know if you end up hearing from them today! :)

Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/25/2020
Date verified: 08/28/20
OAT Scores: 390 TS/ 350 AA
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.58/3.55
Extracurricular Activities: 4 year NCAA Student-Athlete, Biology Honors Society Member (Phi Sigma), Member of Pre-Health Club, 500+ volunteer hours, started my own tutoring business, research assistant, 30 hours shadowing private practice, 2 informational interviews with ODs from a group practice
Schools applied: Berkeley, SCCO, NECO, and Western
Interviews extended/date: Berkeley 09/14, SCCO 09/11, NECO 08/31, Western 09/02
Interviews accepted/date: Berkeley 09/29, SCCO 09/24, NECO 09/21, Western 09/11
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: Berkeley (Still waiting) SCCO 09/25, NECO 09/25, Western 09/18

Either attending Berkeley or SCCO

Reactions: 4 users

I got an initial acceptance email on 09/24/2020, and I just received an official offer today, 10/07/2020. To reserve your spot, you need to pay a $500 deposit within 2 wks of the official offer and complete the forms that are attached in the email. Hopefully, that gives you an idea as far as a timeline for things.

Hang in there! They're probably backed up or something. But I don't think there's any issue with reaching out if that would alleviate your worries!

Last edited:
Hey guys! I interviewed at Salus last Friday and I thought it went pretty well but today I received an email from my interviewer asking for my fall and spring schedule along with my midterm grades (if applicable). I do have a lot of prerequisites due and I’ve planned them into my schedule except for one. My school does not have a midterm grade report system so I just sent my schedule and told her that. I have been offered 5 other interviews, 3 of which are scheduled at the end of the month but I really wanted to go in knowing where I stand with salus since its my first choice. Has this happened to anyone else and does this mean they are going to wait until my fall grades come out? I really can’t take the stress of not knowing anymore. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/21/2020
Date verified: 7/29/2020
OAT Scores: 390/400 AA/TS
Major: Environment & Sustainability
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.774
Schools applied: SUNY
Interviews extended/date: 9/8/2020
Interviews accepted/date: 10/5/2020
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: 10/9/2020

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Date OptomCAS submitted: 07/14/2020
Date verified: 07/20/2020
OAT Scores: AA: 280, TS: 260
Major: Biological Sciences, Minor in Chemistry
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.33 overall, 3.39 science
Schools applied: AZCOPT, CCO, UMSL, IUSO, PCO
Interviews extended/date: UMSL (08/06), CCO (08/07), PCO (08/28), IUSO (09/04)
Interviews accepted/date: UMSL (08/31), CCO (08/18), PCO (09/14)
Interviews declined/date: IUSO (10/05/20)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: UMSL (08/31/2020), PCO (09/17/2020)

UMSL College of Optometry Class of 2025!!! Couldn't be more excited. Thanks to all for your support, and for those of you entering in my class with me, definitely reach out :)
Hi, do you mind sharing how the interview was like for PCO. I couldn't find the page for interview PCO. Thanks

Hi, do you mind sharing how the interview was like for PCO. I couldn't find the page for interview PCO. Thanks
The interview with PCO was more on the casual side. You interview one on one with an admissions faculty member, and it is really just sitting down and them asking a few questions about yourself followed by reviewing your application together (so that you and the school are on the same page with everything). One thing that took me by surprise was that once you log on to the video chat system, you get right into the interview. With other schools' interview processes, I had experienced full days of virtual touring, getting to know student ambassadors, etc. So I was a little taken aback that we got right into the interview as soon as I logged on! I don't think it is a bad thing, but I just wasn't expecting it. It only lasted about 20 minutes, so it is very short! Like I said, I felt it was more laid back, so it is nothing to be intimidated by :) hope I answered your question well!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 10/5
Date verified: 10/10
OAT Scores: 330 TS and AA
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.3/3.0
Schools applied: ICO, NECO, PCO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (10/11), NECO (10/14), ICO (10/16)
Interviews accepted/date: PCO (10/27), NECO (11/6), ICO (12/4)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: PCO, NECO, ICO

I will be attending NECO this fall!!

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 7/21/2020
Date verified: 7/29/2020
OAT Scores: 390/400 AA/TS
Major: Environment & Sustainability
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.774
Schools applied: SUNY
Interviews extended/date: 9/8/2020
Interviews accepted/date: 10/5/2020
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: 10/9/2020

Good luck everyone!
how did suny send you your acceptance? i interviewed on the 1st and haven't heard back yet

Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/16/2020
Date verified: 08/18/2020
OAT Scores: 350 AA/ 340 TS
Major: Biology / Physiology
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.86/3.71
Schools applied: UCBSO, SCCO, WUCO, AZCOPT, CCO, UHCO, PUCO, and IUSO
Interviews extended/date: WUCO (08/31), UCBSO (09/14), SCCO (09/02), PUCO (08/25), IUSO (08/24), AZCOPT (08/20), CCO (08/29) + UHCO (09/28)
Interviews accepted/date: WUCO (09/18) UCBSO (10/02), SCCO (10/12), PUCO (10/16), IUSO (10/16), AZCOPT (10/27) CCO + UHCO tbd
Interviews declined/date: Will probably decline the listed Non-California interviews
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
WUCO (09/22), SCCO (10/16) + UCBSO (10/23)
Extracurriculars:
  • Worked as an optometric assistant for 2 years
  • Honors Student
  • Hospital Volunteer for 1 year

Well, looks like I'll be attending UCB :)

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: 08/25/2020
Date verified: 08/28/20
OAT Scores: 390 TS/ 350 AA
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.58/3.55
Extracurricular Activities: 4 year NCAA Student-Athlete, Biology Honors Society Member (Phi Sigma), Member of Pre-Health Club, 500+ volunteer hours, started my own tutoring business, research assistant, 30 hours shadowing private practice, 2 informational interviews with ODs from a group practice
Schools applied: Berkeley, SCCO, NECO, and Western
Interviews extended/date: Berkeley 09/14, SCCO 09/11, NECO 08/31, Western 09/02
Interviews accepted/date: Berkeley 09/29, SCCO 09/24, NECO 09/21, Western 09/11
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: Berkeley (Still waiting) SCCO 09/25, NECO 09/25, Western 09/18

Either attending Berkeley or SCCO

Wow congratulations on all of your acceptances! Can iI ask you how the interview with Berkeley went? :)

how did suny send you your acceptance? i interviewed on the 1st and haven't heard back yet

They sent me an acceptance through email! It arrived first thing in the morning. Good luck!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/27/20
Date verified: 8/28/20
OAT Scores: 320 AA/TS
Major: Health Science
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.6 overall/3.4 science
Schools applied: so many lol - ICO, MCPHS, AZCOPT, CCO, NOVA, NECO, SCCO, SCO, SUNY, UMSL, Western U
Interviews extended/date: ICO (9/14), MCPHS (9/3), CCO (9/4), AZCOPT (8/31), NECO (9/4), SCCO (9/10), SCO (9/10), SUNY (9/8), UMSL (9/11), Western U (9/14)
Interviews accepted/date: ICO (haven't picked a date yet), MCPHS (9/10), CCO (9/14), AZCOPT (9/16), SCO (9/29), SCCO (9/24), UMSL (9/25) NECO (10/2), Western U (10/16), SUNY (10/19)
Interviews declined/date: ICO (ICO was very hard to contact and its making me mad so im just dropping that one), not sure about NOVA yet, they messed up my application (twice) and have also been hard to contact so might turn them down if i get an interview too
Rejections/date: -
Acceptance/date: MCPHS (9/16), CCO (9/16), AZCOPT (9/24), SCCO (9/25), UMSL (9/25)

extracurricular activities: worked for an optometrist for almost 2 years, volunteered through adapted gymnastics and adapted sports in columbia, went on a medical brigade to ghana, africa, member of sigma eta rho (health science fraternity), pre-optometry club vice president, intramural soccer team captain, sorority philanthropy and social chair, phi sigma theta member (national honor society)

will keep updating as interview more:)

right now im super torn between SCCO & AZCOPT!!! my other top school that i haven't interviewed with yet would probably be NECO - gonna be a tough choice:/
Do you mind sharing how your CCO interview went? Theres not much people post about that school!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 8/29/20
Date verified: 8/31/20
OAT Scores: 340 AA/TS
Major: Cognitive Science
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.48/3.18
Schools applied: Pacific, UC Berkeley
Interviews extended/date: Pacific (9/9), Berkeley (9/14)
Interviews accepted/date: Pacific (9/25), Berkeley (9/26)
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:

I'm super conflicted between the two schools, so I'd love to hear any insight/opinions on them!

Have you heard anything back from Berkeley yet? I interviewed on 9/30 and haven't gotten anything, so nervous!

Have you heard anything back from Berkeley yet? I interviewed on 9/30 and haven't gotten anything, so nervous!

Hi! I interviewed at Berkeley during the first week of October and I am still waiting as well. Makes me feel better I am not the only one hahah :/

Hey yall !
Date OptomCAS submitted:08/26/2020
Date verified:08/31/2020
OAT Scores: 340 AA/ 330 TS
Majors: Biochemistry and Russian
GPA (Overall/Science): 3.38/2.8 science? Not sure tbh lol
Extracurricular Activities: 2.5 years of biochem research with a published paper in Biochemistry, Russian studies paper accepted in an undergrad research symposium, orority president and risk manager, Russian club president 2 years, Slavic honor society and president, 70 hours volunteering with Habitat, 3 years peer tutor for Russian and stats, 5 years assistant/receptionist at OD/MD practice and 80 hours shadowing there, 20 hours shadowing different specialties at SUNY, full time technician presently for an ophthalmology practice
Schools applied: SUNY, Salus, NECO
Interviews extended/date: NECO and Salus 9/1, SUNY 9/2
Interviews accepted/date: NECO 9/11, Salus 9/28, SUNY 10/15
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date: NECO 9/21, Salus 10/1, SUNY 10/16

If you think your GPA isn’t good enough this is your sign!!! I was super nervous of even getting any interviews but I got one from NECO right away - your experiences and character speak so much louder than your stats do :)
SUNY class of 2025!! so excited :)