classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahhhhhhhhhh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
MOST IMPORTANT PARTS OF AN APPLICATION, in order:
1.) High GPA (3.5-4.0)
2.) High PCAT score (80+ composite score)
3.) Pharmacy experience (1 to 2 months is good enough)
4.) Extra Curriculars/Volunteer experience & Letters of Recommendation

FRESHMAN YEAR
Fall
General Biology I
General Chem I
Eng101
Calculus

Spring
General Biology II
General Chem II
Eng102
Physics I

SUMMER
1.) take the PCAT in July/August
2.) get pharmacy experience
3.) apply for pharmacy school ASAP (sometime in August)

SOPHMORE YEAR
Fall
Organic Chem I
Human Anat & Physio I
Speech

Spring
Organic Chem II
Human Anat & Physio I
Microbiology

JUNIOR YEAR
start pharmacy school

Members don't see this ad :)
You should check the FAQ thread, it will ANSWER many of questions and answer questions you did not think to ask.

If you get stellar scores, ace PCAT, have pharmacy experience, volunteer in your community, write articulate essays and have a great interview then getting into pharmacy school is easy as pie.

My school had around 1200 students apply last year and 85-90 students were accepted. Some applicants that did not get accepted may have gotten into other schools but that is just an example if you wanted to look at some numbers.

Please use the search function, it is an awesome tool, it keeps the same questions from being asked over and over and it lets you get your questions answered at the click of the mouse.

You can probably go by what the pre-med students are taking. A lot of the classes for both programs tend to overlap, especially order you need to take them in. You also need to see what pre-reqs the schools you are interested in requires because what SCCpharm wrote is definitely not going to be it.

Yes, UNC is hard to get into, but so can all the other pharm schools. You can do it though!

Yeah the above schedule that I wrote is meant as sort of a "skeleton" schedule, which includes pretty much the basic classes most pharmacy schools require, but does not include electives (general ed requirements). You definately need to look at the schools you plan on applying and verify that you will meet all pre-req requirements.

I looked up UNC-CH.

http://www.pharmacy.unc.edu/admissi...icants-who-entered-college-fall-2006-or-after

Based on that website, you will need to add in Physics II, Statistics, and the General Education Requirements. I definately recommend taking summer school. Another option is you can take an extra year to lighten your courseload, but you gotta remember admissions look at your courseload. For example, if they see you've only been taking 9 credits per semester, they may question if you can handle pharmacy school, which is usually 12+ credits/semester.

The questions and essays are important. They're pretty much basic questions, like "why do you want to become a pharmacist?", etc.

You can't intern until you enter pharm school. What you are looking for is either a volunteer position or a pharm technician position. Chain stores are good for tech positions. Most hospitals will let you volunteer, especially if there is one associated with your college. Just look up their websites and find the volunteer coordinator.

Some states let you intern before you start pharm school as long as you can show them a letter of acceptance.