Clearinghouse Restrictions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mildconcussion

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere on this forum that a student has the option of restricting what colleges can see on the list generated by any clearinghouse. Is this true?

I have a a single class from a CC from when I was a minor that I didn't want to keep, but forgot to drop it (same story eh). I want to restrict access to that one course, but am not sure if that's a good idea.

That single class can single-handedly bring down my 3.74 to 3.62 (two different GPA categories in my opinion). Any opiions appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

bad idea. can and/or will get you blackballed. except it. work with it.

clearinghosue? are you international?

bad idea. can and/or will get you blackballed. except it. work with it.

clearinghosue? are you international?

Nope. Domestic. But I heard that at some point, someone will decide to check on your undergraduate coursework profile. If not during apps, then during residency matching. So, if I can't restrict it, then I will report it. But if I can legally restrict it, then I might consider it. I was a minor for heaven's sake.

Members don't see this ad :)
No one has discussed this on SDN to my knowledge, therefore it probably isn't an option.

I probably should look into a little more. I do remember people telling me that there's a form I can fill out to electively restrict "Directory Information" from being sent. Not quite sure if there are ways in which a clearinghouse can overcome these restrictions though.

I probably should look into a little more. I do remember people telling me that there's a form I can fill out to electively restrict "Directory Information" from being sent. Not quite sure if there are ways in which a clearinghouse can overcome these restrictions though.

If I'm not mistaken, your college only releases the directory information and nothing else. If so, it is your right to restrict the release of such information! Check with your campus.

I am not sure if this would apply to a clearinghouse though. If your university participates in it, you may have already inadertently signed a waiver when you applied to the school as part of the application requirement! Some schools are tricky that way.