"clinical attire"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistmom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question! I'm starting a volunteer gig this week, sterilizing instruments for a mobile dental clinic. I asked what to wear, and this is what they told me. Does "clinical attire" mean scrubs? If so, can anyone recommend on where to get them?

Members don't see this ad.

Clinic attire usually means a dress shirt and a decent pair of pants. You arent a dentist so they dont expect you to wear scrubs.

I volunteer at a reduced rate dental clinic and I was told that I could wear pants/shirt or scrubs. All of the volunteers with patient contact seem to wear scrubs. We have a medical uniform store in our town and I purchased a pair there. Tons of places on the internet also sell them.

All of the clinics where I've shadowed have me wear at least a scrub jacket, so it doesn't seem too unusual for them to want you to wear scrubs, OP. If you're really unsure, just wear business attire to the site and bring a change of scrubs in case you need 'em.

For what it's worth, even Wal-Mart sells scrubs. They're around $20 for a set of a top and pants, maybe even cheaper online.