Clinical Pathology review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhoebusX

DonJuan
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good day fellow physicians. Any advice for a study sched for clinical pathology certifying exam? I dont know where to start and what to focus on. Anxiety is really getting me and I am in a state of panic. Any review material you can advice or specific topics to focus? Thanks in advance.
 
You will have to provide a little more information. What year are you in training? When are you planning on taking the board exam (I assume that is what you mean by "certifying exam")? Most people just memorize the clinical compendium (can be found on Amazon) and do a question book (also on Amazon).

Quick Compendium of Clinical Pathology 3rd Edition
by Daniel D. Mais (Author)

Clinical Pathology Board Review, 1e 1st Edition
by Steven L. Spitalnik MD (Author), Suzanne Arinsburg DO (Author), Jeffrey Jhang MD (Author)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, here goes. You DO have two years of clinical pathology
in your training. I suggest you spend that time to LEARN
the material. If you are fortunate and end up a hospital
lab medical director you will wish you had.
That said, those references are fine for board prep.