Clinical Psych PhD Faculty Who Specialize in Eating Disorders?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClinicalPhDApplicant44

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am beginning my research for my applications and could really use some help. I am trying to look up faculty for Clinical Psych PhD programs who specialize in eating disorders. So far I have Linda Craighead, Eunice Chen, and Suzanne Mazzeo but I really could use some more suggestions.

I am geographically flexible but need to be in a fairly big city/metropolitan area for my fiance's job. I prefer the coasts and am from California so extra prefer California but don't mind big cities like Chicago, Atlanta, etc.

Thanks for your help!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Well, if I were to just go ahead and ignore all your preferences, :))) I'd say that there's at least one or two faculty members at UAB who I believe work in that area. Might be a few folks in the Houston area as well (e.g., UH), although of that I'm not sure. Unfortunately, I don't know any names off-hand, but I'd imagine they a quick website search should turn up some info.

No clue if anyone at either program does eating disorder research, but both Emory and Georgia State are in Atlanta and are solid schools in general.

That being said, Birmingham certainly isn't a big city, although there are much less-entertaining places to end up for 4-6 years.

Drew Anderson, University at Albany, SUNY
Kyle DeYoung, University of North Dakota
Anna Bardone-Cone, UNC Chapel Hill
Sarah Fischer, George Mason University
Alexandra Corning, University of Notre Dame

Unfortunately, eating disorders is a pretty niche area so you can't be super picky about geographical location.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eddie Selby at Rutgers

Katie Gordon at NDSU

April Smith at Miami (Ohio)

Kevin Thompson at Univ. South Florida might be of interest (not sure if he is still taking students as he is nearing retirement).

Pam Keel, Florida State University
Elizabeth Pratt, Boston University
Kelly Klump, Michigan State University
Katharine Loeb, Fairleigh Dickinson
Kerrie Boutelle, UCSD
Denise Wilfley, WashU

Kelsie Forbush at University of Kansas's Clinical program. I think I spelled her name right. I don't know much about her work except that I've heard through folks that she works in that area and that she is a new hire this past year, so she should be looking to take folks. Best of luck.

Kelly Vitousek & Janet Latner at University of Hawaii.