Clutch Prep MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaxey

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am planning to take MCAT next April or May, but with full time school and full time job I have to start studying early as I have only about an hour or two per day to study for the big test.

I was looking for affordable option for MCAT prep course. I have used Clutch Prep for my chemistry classes and they worked great. Recently they came out with online MCAT prep course for only $99/month. I am thinking of signing up, but I was wondering if anyone has tried their course? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I bought it today to basically do the same thing as OP and so far it looks really great! I can update you all when I watch some more. This is my first time starting to study for the MCAT and it seems like a good introduction.

Also they have a coupon code we can share for $10 for both people so if we can help each other even better :) let me know if any of you want it!

Also they have a coupon code we can share for $10 for both people so if we can help each other even better :) let me know if any of you want it!

I am planning on studying during the end of September/early October - does the coupon code expire at all??

I would recommend studying on your own. Using a variety of resources will be the biggest help to you! I scored a 522 and mainly used the following resources:

1) AAMC Practice Materials. $200 for their MCAT package. Practice questions produced by the same people who wrote the test!

(2) Khan Academy. Free and very useful for reviewing all the material very quickly. I watched every video at 2x the speed within a month of my exam.

(3) Kaplan 7-book series. Great for getting the overall content down.

Don't rely on just one method for your prep. It is important to use a variety of resources. If you need structure, then I would suggest hiring a private tutor rather than using a prep company. You can find freelance tutors for a quarter of what test prep companies charge for private tutoring. I am sure there are many other tutors out there as well! Best of luck!

Last edited:
Any new info on Clutch Prep? I want to purchase it during the Spring semester, but there are little to no reviews.

Hi, I was considering using it and I was wondering how you enjoyed the mcat clutch prep subscription and how much you think it helped you

Hey guys just wanted to give a new update on this. I ended up not taking the MCAT during the time that I posted here so I ended the Clutch prep course but now I'm starting to study again for my test in August and I decided to subscribe again because I needed some cheap guidance. I can honestly say it's great!! I'm using them in combination with TBR by doing the passages and homework from the books and watching the videos first. When I first started the course the first time I started watching the psych videos and truthfully wasn't that big of a fan but the chem and physics videos so far have been awesome. I think I'll still rewatch psych because the info in itself is just dense and there's no way to make that any easier, it depends on a lot of memorization from your part as opposed to the understanding that can be taught in the hard sciences through vids. I plan on finishing all the videos within the next month or so and then dedicating all my time to practice exams and passages!

Wish you all the best :)

I loved Clutch videos for the chemistry classes, but I am not a fan of their MCAT prep. Their subject videos for specific classes are great if you need to refresh your memory on the content, but their MCAT videos in my opinion are just not detailed enough. They did very little strategy prep, which in my opinion is the most valuable part of paying for MCAT course. Khan academy has much better content videos for MCATcontent. Clutch videos are relatively inexpensive because they are just recorded live prep sessions. I started with Clutch and then ended up taking Kaplan course, which I liked much better. There are so many resources online and in books for the content that paying for Clutch whose video's for MCAT seemed like a waste. Here is the thing, no matter whether you take a class or not with any company you will have to do the content review on your own. Clutch are trying to skim over the content, which is not enough unless you heavily study on your own. They should be spending the limited amount of time they did during their classes coaching students on various strategies instead of doing a useless skimming over content which is not detailed enough anyway.

Really, I mean, many things depend on people who are working on the MCAT.
Taking a class doesn't necessarily make you great. If people want to spend money on taking classes for MCAT, it's fine, but don't be too optimistic whether it's a worthy spend of money.