Colorado State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oos denied, not surprised but still sad
same here :( but my blurb said i moved on from early academic review (since my gpa is below a 3.2, about a 3.1) onto the regular admissions pool so maybe there’s some hope for the future!

Members don't see this ad.

OOS Alternate for both DVM/MPH and DVM programs! Best of luck to everyone who hasn’t heard back or has yet to hear from other schools!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS denial. It was nice to see so many OOS acceptances though! Congratulations to all who made it!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
OOS alternate! anybody know how many students are usually placed on the alternate list?

Reactions: 5 users
OOS denied. Congrats to those that got accepted or waitlisted!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE! My first one. Freaking out.

Last year I got my VP decision the day after my rejection to the regular pool of applicants. They have to reject you first and then send the acceptance. There are 10 seats for VP each year.
Will they send you an email update if your are accepted to VP?

I am literally too afraid to look. I just want to keep living in a world where I have a chance at the UAF program.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Alternate. After 2 years of only applying to my in-state school and getting denied, and 4 rejections already this cycle, this is my first glimmer of hope. I wish they posted the ranking...

Reactions: 1 users
I’m guessing Vet Prep decisions would have been released at the same time? I seem to remember seeing somewhere that those went out after denials but the wording on the letter seemed pretty final
Hi! To answer this, Vet Prep decisions were sent out after all denials/acceptances went out. From my understanding (based on talking to someone in a different dual degree program and my own experience with Vet Prep), everyone in a dual degree program will receive a denial first and then might receive an acceptance within the next week or so I think it was. Supposedly they accept for the next year's class first and then start to fill up the year's after. Keep in mind that I don't know how true this is though as obviously only someone in admissions can truly answer this, so this could be totally wrong or it could be totally different. Also keep in mind that Vet Prep is usually offered to students whose academic or professional careers might have seen a slight bump in the road due to exceptional circumstances that most applicants don't have to face (i.e. homelessness, abuse, etc.). Hope this helps! And huge congrats to everyone who was accepted! Best of luck to everyone else with all other schools!

Accepted OOS, completely shocked but extremely grateful!!

Anyone who didn’t receive their decisions yesterday, do you see anything today? I still have no response to my email and no updates to my portal. Losing my patience as this is my second to last school left to hear from and have only received rejections this far.

If someone has done their Vet prep program, would you mind if I ask which option (undergrad, graduate) did you chose please ? I just got offered but I don’t know if I should take it or not due to financial reasons.

• Care
If someone has done their Vet prep program, would you mind if I ask which option (undergrad, graduate) did you chose please ? I just got offered but I don’t know if I should take it or not due to financial reasons.
Feel free to message me and I can hopefully get you in touch with someone who did the undergrad option! The undergrad option wasn't an option for any of us this year, so none of the current class has experience with the undergrad option (or had to make that choice for that matter). But I can answer anything related to the grad option and can try my best with any financial questions!

I did the undergraduate option- feel free to message me with any questions!

Feel free to message me as well!

Still no word from CSU. Anyone have any idea what’s going on?
Same, nothing on my portal or via email. I tried looking back at previous years to see what timing was like but didn’t see anything illuminating. It’s killing me.

Have y'all reached out to the admissions team? I think everyone should have heard last week.

I just don’t see why they would not release some of the decisions. I could see if they had released only accepted and denied but they have seemingly released all decisions so this just makes me feel like there’s a portal glitch. *sigh* sorry, I’m obsessing. I’m 32, 3rd cycle. Just finishing my masters. All I want to do is go to vet school!

• Care
I just don’t see why they would not release some of the decisions. I could see if they had released only accepted and denied but they have seemingly released all decisions so this just makes me feel like there’s a portal glitch. *sigh* sorry, I’m obsessing. I’m 32, 3rd cycle. Just finishing my masters. All I want to do is go to vet school!
No I completely understand!! I’d be freaking too if everyone else seemed to get results and there was just nothing in my portal. :(

Maybe you all can try calling this number that was at the bottom of my decision letter, it’s just for the office of admissions but sometimes calls get quicker results than emails!

IMG_9625.jpeg

No I completely understand!! I’d be freaking too if everyone else seemed to get results and there was just nothing in my portal. :(

Maybe you all can try calling this number that was at the bottom of my decision letter, it’s just for the office of admissions but sometimes calls get quicker results than emails!

View attachment 380711
Thank you! So sweet of you to reply and get the number for us 😊

• Care
Thank you! So sweet of you to reply and get the number for us 😊
We’re all in this together and will all be coworkers and colleagues one day!! 💕🥰

• Love
Those of you who received decisions, did admissions indicate how many applicants there were this cycle?

Those of you who received decisions, did admissions indicate how many applicants there were this cycle?
In the decision letter they said around 3000 applicants this year

If I made a groupme for CSU, would anyone be interested? I know some other school groups did that :)

Reactions: 7 users
Just declined my UAF seat for my instate!! Good luck and I know it’s going to a deserving alternate :)

Just declined my UAF seat for my instate!! Good luck and I know it’s going to a deserving alternate :)
Congratulations on your in state!! Thank you for letting CSU know (coming from a nervous alternate 😅🤞🏼)

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to process updated transcripts on the portal ?

Just curious. How many seats of the 150 are reserved for in state applicants and how many in state applicants are there usually?

Does anyone know if CSU has accepted student days? Or information sessions for accepted students?

Just curious. How many seats of the 150 are reserved for in state applicants and how many in state applicants are there usually?

I know that they have about 100 seats for in-state applicants and the remaining ~50 are for OOS

Does anyone know what CSU uses the updates transcripts for? Do they determine rank for waitlist or anything?

Does anyone know what CSU uses the updates transcripts for? Do they determine rank for waitlist or anything?
My guess: I would imagine they take fall transcripts into account for those on the waitlist! Tbh, I don’t think CSU has a numerical waitlist rank though. I think they choose waitlisted applicants based on their area of interest, demographics, etc