You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Colorado State C/O 2028
Started by MintyMoose
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If u were waitlisted or accepted the date is Feb 1 I think! But def double check the portal it says itWhen do fall transcripts need to be in by?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven’t either, I know at least 3 others so hopefully it is intentionalHi! I’ve been checking my status page for the past week and still don’t have an update. I’ve called and emailed and they still have not gotten back to me. Has anyone else not gotten a decision yet? I keep freaking out that something got messed up with my application.
dr.little?
New Member
I’m in the same boat. I emailed them on the 8th and have not heard back. I applied in 2022 and was not missing any requirements then so I hope that I’m not missing something this year. But this is the second time I’ve heard this:Hi! I’ve been checking my status page for the past week and still don’t have an update. I’ve called and emailed and they still have not gotten back to me. Has anyone else not gotten a decision yet? I keep freaking out that something got messed up with my application.
For the few that still haven’t heard…they answered my email today and told me apparently I didn’t fulfill one of the requirements and was never told. Hopefully this isn’t true for the rest of you, but I figured I would share.
They did change their requirements for this cycle- I would double check that you still met them. Still, it would be absolutely insane that they just disregarded telling a large number of people that their applications were thrown out of the pool. Hope they rectify this with you soon.I’m in the same boat. I emailed them on the 8th and have not heard back. I applied in 2022 and was not missing any requirements then so I hope that I’m not missing something this year. But this is the second time I’ve heard this:
dr.little?
New Member
I agree. I did double check the requirements and I’m confident that I’ve met them but either way it’s pretty horrible that they have left so many of us in the dark.They did change their requirements for this cycle- I would double check that you still met them. Still, it would be absolutely insane that they just disregarded telling a large number of people that their applications were thrown out of the pool. Hope they rectify this with you soon.
The director of admissions is also out of the office currently so that may be why some people haven't heard back.
I’m in the same boat. I emailed them on the 8th and have not heard back. I applied in 2022 and was not missing any requirements then so I hope that I’m not missing something this year. But this is the second time I’ve heard this:
Is anyone who is waitlisted planning on going to the in-person visit day??
Thinking about it!! Although if I get accepted at tOSU I’ll probs remove myself from the waitlist and not go, tbhIs anyone who is waitlisted planning on going to the in-person visit day??
Hi guys,
I have a quick question.
I got a Vetprep offer and I accepted it. It would mean that if I do good in the program that I’ll get a spot in next year class.
HOWEVER,
I just got a congratulations letter with a flag of Colorado State welcoming me to this year class ??
My portal remains the same. Just Vetprep offered.
I’m confused [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]
Has anyone experienced this ?
Thank you!
I have a quick question.
I got a Vetprep offer and I accepted it. It would mean that if I do good in the program that I’ll get a spot in next year class.
HOWEVER,
I just got a congratulations letter with a flag of Colorado State welcoming me to this year class ??
My portal remains the same. Just Vetprep offered.
I’m confused [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]
Has anyone experienced this ?
Thank you!
DogMom1313
Full Member
Is that only for those on the waitlist? When is it?Is anyone who is waitlisted planning on going to the in-person visit day??
It’s for accepted and waitlisted applicants. It’s on March 2ndIs that only for those on the waitlist? When is it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DogMom1313
Full Member
Thank you! Where did you hear about this? Is there any information online about it?It’s for accepted and waitlisted applicants. It’s on March 2nd
ctwom24
Full Member
Thank you! Where did you hear about this? Is there any information online about it?
I got an email w the information. It did go to my junk at first so maybe check there if you didn’t get it!
Is that only for those on the waitlist? When is it?
Waitlisted or accepted
gracegoesvet
Grace G: Grace Goes Vet
just declined my CSU out of state seat for another program. hoping someone on the waitlist gets some good news!!
Hi! I am in Vet Prep this year and that is how my portal was as well. So it just means you have the VP offer. So you are still considered a veterinary student but instead of year 1 you are a year 0, which is for anyone who is doing the combined MS/DVM. That's why it looks that way.Hi guys,
I have a quick question.
I got a Vetprep offer and I accepted it. It would mean that if I do good in the program that I’ll get a spot in next year class.
HOWEVER,
I just got a congratulations letter with a flag of Colorado State welcoming me to this year class ??
My portal remains the same. Just Vetprep offered.
I’m confused [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]
Has anyone experienced this ?
Thank you!
Did anyone else receive a phone call congratulating them on their alternate status? My heart almost dropped through the floor for a second ☹️
I just received the same callDid anyone else receive a phone call congratulating them on their alternate status? My heart almost dropped through the floor for a second ☹️
Idk if they're doing it by last name, waitlist spot, or what. My last name starts with a GI just received the same call
I haven't received a call yet but good to know to expect one! Have y'all already registered for the DVM Showcase event yet?Idk if they're doing it by last name, waitlist spot, or what. My last name starts with a G
MainelyCows
New Member
I haven't registered to go yet, because I can't afford it. But I am worried not going could hurt my position on the alternate list if I look like I'm not interested, when I really would love to attend CSU!I haven't received a call yet but good to know to expect one! Have y'all already registered for the DVM Showcase event yet?
You can attend virtually. That’s what I am doing!I haven't registered to go yet, because I can't afford it. But I am worried not going could hurt my position on the alternate list if I look like I'm not interested, when I really would love to attend CSU!
I got the same one! Totally freaked me out. I wish they'd tell us our alternate positions [emoji28]Did anyone else receive a phone call congratulating them on their alternate status? My heart almost dropped through the floor for a second [emoji3525]
When did you get the call??I got the same one! Totally freaked me out. I wish they'd tell us our alternate positions [emoji28]
Today!When did you get the call??
MainelyCows
New Member
Thank you! I was/am focusing on current interviews and totally missed that!You can attend virtually. That’s what I am doing!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shrimp fried rice
New Member
For those who accepted the offer for the Vet Prep program, here’s a discord I made! Join the CSU Vet Prep 2029 Discord Server!
PhosphodiesterBond
Full Member
I am! And I’m OOS. Can’t wait to be on campus and see everything first hand!Is anyone who is waitlisted planning on going to the in-person visit day??
PhosphodiesterBond
Full Member
I got my call on 2/8 and my last name starts with a P!Idk if they're doing it by last name, waitlist spot, or what. My last name starts with a G
Question, when is the DVM showcase? From my understanding, I don't think any of the current year 0's have actually received anything about the DVM showcase but I think that time permitting many of us would love to attend since so many of us are looking forward to meeting the class! I would just love to know the date so that I can inquiry about us attending.I haven't received a call yet but good to know to expect one! Have y'all already registered for the DVM Showcase event yet?
ctwom24
Full Member
It is March 2nd, I received an email a few weeks ago to register. I would reach out to the admissions team if you have not received the email.Question, when is the DVM showcase? From my understanding, I don't think any of the current year 0's have actually received anything about the DVM showcase but I think that time permitting many of us would love to attend since so many of us are looking forward to meeting the class! I would just love to know the date so that I can inquiry about us attending.
bluebird321
Full Member
Anyone accepted or waitlisted for the CSU/UAF program going to the showcase?
Did anyone see anything about attire for the showcase? Don’t want to be over dressed but also don’t want to be under dressed
Follow up for those who have been waitlisted and have been called, I contacted one of the student ambassadors and they’re not doing calls in any specific order!
Anyone else supposed to attend virtually but haven’t gotten a link email?
DVM Student Showcase - Virtual Attendance Links
10:00am - Welcome, Program Overview, and DEI at CSU https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_Y2U0ZTRkMDUtYWNiMS00ZWY3LWExNzMtYTdkMzI2NDhhNmU2%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22afb58802-ff7a-4bb1-ab21-367ff2ecfc8b%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22ac7df667-ea69-4e8c-8970-e4ee4d9dc6e1%22%7d
Did anyone see anything about attire for the showcase? Don’t want to be over dressed but also don’t want to be under dressed
Bump… does anyone know the attire for tomorrow? I have tried calling but can’t get ahold of anyone. Flying out today and praying the dress is casual.
ctwom24
Full Member
Bump… does anyone know the attire for tomorrow? I have tried calling but can’t get ahold of anyone. Flying out today and praying the dress is casual.
I would say casual or business casual. I think I’m just going to wear niceish pants and a sweater. My other vet school admitted student’s visit I did they made it clear it was business professional. So I would say since CSU didn’t say anything it is probably casual on the nicer side (like jeans over leggings). Not 100% sure though.
I would say casual or business casual. I think I’m just going to wear niceish pants and a sweater. My other vet school admitted student’s visit I did they made it clear it was business professional. So I would say since CSU didn’t say anything it is probably casual on the nicer side (like jeans over leggings). Not 100% sure though.
I packed nice jeans and a long sleeve with a vest and some jewelry, figured that should work… flying in with only a backpack and had minimal space to pack so needed things that wouldn’t wrinkle and of course I’m super stressed about it while I sit in the airport
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here!Just declined my alternate position for both DVM and DVM/MPH programs🥹To Ohio I go!!!![]()

PhosphodiesterBond
Full Member
I packed nice jeans and a long sleeve with a vest and some jewelry, figured that should work… flying in with only a backpack and had minimal space to pack so needed things that wouldn’t wrinkle and of course I’m super stressed about it while I sit in the airport
I asked the student ambassador who called me and she said it’s casual and no specific dress code is required. I opted to go with business casual
platypusrule
New Member
It’s been complete radio silence from CSU since I got confirmation that my application was submitted in September… I’ve emailed asking for a status update because I haven’t heard anything via email nor on the status update page and it’s frustrating as heck. I know I met the requirements so if there was any issue with those I just wish they would’ve notified me so I could straighten it out. Has anyone else been having similar issues?
spooky_sushi
Full Member
I did as well... I tried emailing three times and no one has gotten back to me...It’s been complete radio silence from CSU since I got confirmation that my application was submitted in September… I’ve emailed asking for a status update because I haven’t heard anything via email nor on the status update page and it’s frustrating as heck. I know I met the requirements so if there was any issue with those I just wish they would’ve notified me so I could straighten it out. Has anyone else been having similar issues?
platypusrule
New Member
Oh my goodness how are they screwing over multiple people like this?? I’m really just in limbo hereI did as well... I tried emailing three times and no one has gotten back to me...
