Columbia Class of 2006 - Some stuff to watch for in the mail...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buckyball

Play with my "Buckyballs"
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to all my fellow Columbia Class of 2006 peeps,

I received a FedEx today from Columbia. It has to do with ID cards, parking fees if you have a car, and about the white coat ceremony. They also have a shirt you can buy which will be there come August 20th... check-in day!

I think the Whitecoat ceremony is going to be great... it's nice that they're thinking of us as professionals, and makes you feel like you belong there!

If anyone receives housing info, let us know! I called them to ask them when they think they will send it, and they've said by either the end of this week (i.e. today), or by next week!

That's it for now! Till the next update!

Bucky

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Bucky, where'd you get your student loan from?

Toothdecay

What student loan???

I'm still looking into getting one!

Bucky

Members don't see this ad :)
I recieved the package of "stuff" form them the toher day. I also recieved a housing letter as well. They pretty much let me know that since I was in cateory 2/3 that I would be put on the waitlist based on when i sent in my housing app and they would be sending out a number for the waitlist soon. As for the white coat ceremony it sounds like a pretty cool event and something I am looking forward to. As far as loans I picked the Columbia Dental Loan, itwas one of their "suggested providers".

Hey Everyone,

I received my housing assignment in the mail today, because I'm Category 1. I'm in Georgian Residence! It was my number one choice! only thing is that I'm sharing a double room with another guy... might get cramped, but we'll see!

If anyone else is category 1 and got their stuff today, PM me to let me know where you'll be staying!

Bucky

Hey,

got my housing package back...
although I'm in category 1..
I got Bard Hall, but I guess I'm not complaining

anyway, I'm excited to be going to new york city,
hey, anybody play golf or cook pretty well? (yeah, I'm gonna have to mooch somebody's kitchen, or me and a creative microwave) I say: Keep up the hobbies to keep down the stress.

I'm looking forward to having some fun...I'm not too worried about school. but we'll see, soon enough, hehe.

terry

What up SDOS Classs 2006. Just got my housing assigment(category 1) and I am in Georgian Residence Hall. New York City is awesome place to live if you are an urbanite. Well, see you all mid-August.

No offence tj, but I'm not a fan of bard hall's "communal washroom" idea! But, I'm sure it'll be good... at least you got into residence for the first year.

Jabba, which floor are you on? PM me if you like!

Bucky

Hey Bucky,

I know where you're coming from..
I did 3 yrs. in the corps at Texas A&M (ROTC to others) and we had communal, like no curtains!

The only problem I had with Bard really; is that i like to cook.

terry

hey guys!!

how are you guys all doing? sorry I haven't been around much...been home and no dsl :(

I am in Bard too =) Yay...just happy to have housing... I only wish we had a kitchen...anyone know what the deal with that is?

Also how does the whole getting on line and dsl stuff work? On the housing website they said there's high speed internet but when I called the guy said he has no idea... :( and also the phone stuff they send said that LOCAL calls cost MONEY??!!

don't know bout you, but i am already broke... :(
still trying to figure out the loan stuff anyone else taking out and from which one?

can't wait til Aug 20th! wahoooooooooooo =)

Star :)

Well, I am looking at my housing assignment and am on the 4th floor of Georgian residence hall. I am just happy that I got housing assignment too.
I am living in NYC right now and going to quit my job in a couple of weeks.

Hey Star,

Welcome back after so long!

Jabba,

I am also on the 4th floor of Georgian. PM me if you like, and we can discuss some stuff.

Bucky

Hey Buckyball, how do you PM?

Are all you soon-to-be Columbia students going to take out loans? I think I am going to be in debt for a while.

Hey Jabba,

Beside each person's Name when they post, there's an icon that looks like two people shaking hands (something like that). That is how you PM. I see, though, that you have not allowed anyone to PM you, so you have to go into your profile and take it off before you can PM.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to your PM.

Bucky