Dental College of Georgia (DCG) Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to last years thread: Dental College of Georgia (DCG) Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Dental College of Georgia

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.66
Science GPA: 3.60
DAT: 20.6AA, 20.1TS, 21.0PAT
Applied: 852
OOS: 537 Applied, 46 Interviewed, 18 Accepted
IS: 302 Applied, 160 Interviewed, 107 Accepted
International: 13 Applied, 1 Interviewed, 1 Accepted
# Enrolled: 95
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.73
Science GPA: 3.67
DAT: 20.9AA, 20.5TS, 21.1PAT
Applied: 1,038
OOS: 713 Applied, 22 Accepted
IS: 307 Applied, 98 Accepted
International: 18 Applied, 2 Accepted
# Enrolled: 95
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.14-4.00
Overall: 3.31-4.00

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, did anyone receive secondary application invites from DCG yet? I have not heard anything yet in regards to secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
Notification date: 7/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: 5/31
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.67 Overall:
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22AA, 23 TS, 22 PAT, 23 Reading—-> nothing below 17
Method of interview: In Person

Can't wait!

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #1
Notification date: 8/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: 6/25
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.28 Overall: 3.39
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA, 20 TS, 19 PAT, 23 Reading—-> nothing below 17

Reactions: 1 user
Received an interview 8/30 via email. I was given a date to interview, but I had to reschedule due to previous commitments. I am OOS.

Received an interview 8/30 via email. I was given a date to interview, but I had to reschedule due to previous commitments. I am OOS.
Can you fill out the forum about stats and such? I'm also OOS and would love to see.

Interview #1
Notification date: 9/28
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.12 Overall:
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA, 18 TS, 20 PAT, 30 Reading—-> nothing below 17

So excited!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #1
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.12 Overall:
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA, 18 TS, 20 PAT, 30 Reading—-> nothing below 17

So excited!!!!
great job on your DAT retake1
congrats on the invite!

Is there still hope if we haven't gotten an interview invite yet?

yes
trust the process...
Trying my best.... I know there are only 6 weeks of interviews left so it makes me anxious. I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do, but it would be too late I feel

Trying my best.... I know there are only 6 weeks of interviews left so it makes me anxious. I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do, but it would be too late I feel
very few schools are done interviewing in december
i don't see a WAMC post from you...

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview 31
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/4
Application complete date: 8/7
GPA (science, overall): 3.25, 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA/18 TS/18 PAT/21 Reading
Dates available OR your interview date: October 8-9
Method of interview: In-person

Interview done! They are halfway done with interviews.

Any in-state people who applied during mid to late June still not received an interview? because ngl I'm getting so discouraged even though I had good stats, shadowing, volunteering, PS, and recc letters while applying mid-June 😭😭😭

Reactions: 2 users
Interview 1
Notification date: 10/17
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/27
Application complete date: 7/31
GPA (science, overall): 3.42, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA/19TS 17 PAT/ 20Reading
Dates available OR your interview date: October 29-30

Interview 1
Notification date: 10/04
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/29
Application complete date: 8/02
GPA (science, overall): 3.47, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA/19TS 18 PAT/ 18 Reading/ 17 Gen Chem
Dates available OR your interview date: October 16-17

Any in-state people who applied during mid to late June still not received an interview? because ngl I'm getting so discouraged even though I had good stats, shadowing, volunteering, PS, and recc letters while applying mid-June 😭😭😭
I’m in state with good stats & a well rounded app, & haven’t heard a peep.

Accepted call at 12:53 PM, don't give up hope!

Rejected 🥲 Makes no sense. Interview went very well

So sorry. At least you got an interview. Are you IS or OOS?

Interview #1
Notification date: 8/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: 6/25
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.28 Overall: 3.39
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA, 20 TS, 19 PAT, 23 Reading—-> nothing below 17
Acceptance call at 9:30 am!

Interview #2
Notification date: 7/18
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.67 Overall:
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22AA, 23 TS, 22 PAT, 23 Reading—-> nothing below 17

Can't wait!
accepted at 11:30am yesterday; anybody know of any groupchats?

Does anyone know anything about waitlist movement ?
I got off the waitlist along with my best friend. Based on everyone posting their times of when they got the email, I figured out I was first on the list and she was second. I got the acceptance call on Jan 8th and she got it a few days later. Unfortunately not as many people have posted on this thread so it’s hard to figure out where you are.

I got off the waitlist along with my best friend. Based on everyone posting their times of when they got the email, I figured out I was first on the list and she was second. I got the acceptance call on Jan 8th and she got it a few days later. Unfortunately not as many people have posted on this thread so it’s hard to figure out where you are.
Sending DM

Has anyone moved off the waitlist (or declined your acceptance) yet? I’m hoping to get a call soon.

New member, made an account to get some feedback/advice.
I was waitlisted by email at 3:57 EST on Friday, just very discouraged and frantically bewildered. I'm a lifelong Georgia resident attending an OOS public university. 4.0 GPA, 4.0 sGPA, 26 AA, 26 TS, 22 PAT. 206 shadowing hours, 219 volunteer hours (135 assisting dentist at a charity clinic), on exec for my college's pre-dental society and another volunteer organization, etc, etc.

Application was received on 6/7, supplemental application received 6/8, invited for interview on July 18th, interviewed on August 27/28th. Felt the interviews went very well, the people were very welcoming, wrote me a handwritten card and all that afterwards. The only thing I could think of is that I maybe wasn't very outgoing while interacting with the other interviewees and current students--I just struggle to be very vocal/extroverted in brand new social settings where I don't know anyone, even though I'm certainly one of the loudmouths of my friend groups.

I assume there's really nothing I can do except wait until January 15th and hope for a lot of shuffling around? I'm worried there's just not going to be a lot of movement for a school like DCG that's so in-state friendly with no other IS options.

Was also waitlisted by Kentucky and UAB. The fourth school where I interviewed of the seven where I applied was UT San-Antonio so I can't say I'm that surprised at no word from them, being an OOS applicant to a Texas dental school.

While this has certainly been what was probably a needed lesson in humility, it's also just absolutely crushed me--I've worked for this since I was in high school, and I truly don't know what more they want from me.

Reactions: 3 users
New member, made an account to get some feedback/advice.
I was waitlisted by email at 3:57 EST on Friday, just very discouraged and frantically bewildered. I'm a lifelong Georgia resident attending an OOS public university. 4.0 GPA, 4.0 sGPA, 26 AA, 26 TS, 22 PAT. 206 shadowing hours, 219 volunteer hours (135 assisting dentist at a charity clinic), on exec for my college's pre-dental society and another volunteer organization, etc, etc.

Application was received on 6/7, supplemental application received 6/8, invited for interview on July 18th, interviewed on August 27/28th. Felt the interviews went very well, the people were very welcoming, wrote me a handwritten card and all that afterwards. The only thing I could think of is that I maybe wasn't very outgoing while interacting with the other interviewees and current students--I just struggle to be very vocal/extroverted in brand new social settings where I don't know anyone, even though I'm certainly one of the loudmouths of my friend groups.

I assume there's really nothing I can do except wait until January 15th and hope for a lot of shuffling around? I'm worried there's just not going to be a lot of movement for a school like DCG that's so in-state friendly with no other IS options.

Was also waitlisted by Kentucky and UAB. The fourth school where I interviewed of the seven where I applied was UT San-Antonio so I can't say I'm that surprised at no word from them, being an OOS applicant to a Texas dental school.

While this has certainly been what was probably a needed lesson in humility, it's also just absolutely crushed me--I've worked for this since I was in high school, and I truly don't know what more they want from me.
4 interviews and no acceptances on decision day?
to me, there's only one reason possible

that said, your stats are high enough that one of those may turn into an acceptance later...

4 interviews and no acceptances on decision day?
to me, there's only one reason possible

that said, your stats are high enough that one of those may turn into an acceptance later...
Are you saying it's likely that there was something about my interviews that turned these schools away?

what does it mean if I did not get a rejection email, but i never received an interview? last year i got an email, but my portal still says under review

Received my waitlist email at 3:42 EST 12/15. Anyone else in same boat?