COMLEX score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AngelBear

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there take this test in June sometime. I took it first week of July and eagerly awaiting scores. Hoping its closer to 4-5 weeks instead of 6.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah... not really the best thing cause all I day is check to the NBOME website all day.

Whew got worried for a second. Opened up my student page and non of my info was there, it was blank with the place holders for exams, COMSAE, Etc. My address and whatnot wasn't even there. Only way I knew it was mine was cause my login name was at the top left.

I then logged in again and everything was there.

I almost had a heart attack

screen-shot-2011-08-05-at-10.49.57-am

Members don't see this ad :)
Whew got worried for a second. Opened up my student page and non of my info was there, it was blank with the place holders for exams, COMSAE, Etc. My address and whatnot wasn't even there. Only way I knew it was mine was cause my login name was at the top left.

I then logged in again and everything was there.

I almost had a heart attack

screen-shot-2011-08-05-at-10.49.57-am
omg that would have given me a heart attack. maybe it means they are uploading scores now perhaps ??

Members don't see this ad :)
For what dates?

The following COMLEX-USA examination scores have been mailed and are available online: • Level 1 examinations taken on or before July 11, 2011.
• Level 2-CE examinations taken on or before July 9, 2011. • Level 2-PE examinations taken on or before June 30, 2011. • Level 3 examinations taken on or before July 12, 2011.

The following COMLEX-USA examination scores have been mailed and are available online:
• Level 1 examinations taken on or before July 11, 2011.
• Level 2-CE examinations taken on or before July 9, 2011.
• Level 2-PE examinations taken on or before June 30, 2011.
• Level 3 examinations taken on or before July 12, 2011.

Did any of you guys feel like you bombed it and passed? I have to wait a couple of weeks =(.

nothing happens when i click on my score.
How do i see breakdown of score like u see for USMLE?

thank you

Kinda bummed. I felt so good coming out of the exam....like they tested on exactly what I studied. Wanted to break 600, and I just barely didn't. My score: 595. Anyone else willing to share?

PASSED the PE!!! Thank goodness I don't have to re-take that $1200 behemoth of a test and waste of time and money...

Missed my CE score cut off report date by 5 days... gaaaah!!! Wonder how long it'll be....

Hoping for EM, leaning toward allo

comlex I: 566/87
usmle I: 232/99

comlex II: 536/85
usmle II: 243/99

ehhh came out feeling aight, better than level 1, but I guess that didn't mean anything, felt like I failed level 1 and did better than level 2. Focused my studying on usmle, did world and FA. My results kind of make sense tho, all of the shelf exams were NBME exams and our practice test given to us by our school was an NBME clinical science exam, so everything I did was geared toward usmle and thank god for the usmle, complex is a terrible exam, random questions. The prep materials provided are terrible as well, NBME and allo world knows what they are doing. hopefully good enough for allo EM and allo EM in chicago

Hoping for EM, leaning toward allo

comlex I: 566/87
usmle I: 232/99

comlex II: 536/85
usmle II: 243/99

ehhh came out feeling aight, better than level 1, but I guess that didn't mean anything, felt like I failed level 1 and did better than level 2. Focused my studying on usmle, did world and FA. My results kind of make sense tho, all of the shelf exams were NBME exams and our practice test given to us by our school was an NBME clinical science exam, so everything I did was geared toward usmle and thank god for the usmle, complex is a terrible exam, random questions. The prep materials provided are terrible as well, NBME and allo world knows what they are doing. hopefully good enough for allo EM and allo EM in chicago

Well done! I take my usmle step 2 on the 8th and comlex 2 on 24th! I got a 523 on comsae b 6 weeks out from comlex. Do you think that it is very feasible i can break a 600 and a 230 usmle? I have done Uworld 1x reading all the answers, read FA, Read BW, and finishing up secrets tommorow. After usmle i will either get combank or comquest and just do that and the green book till comlex (probably go through one review book again once).

Got a 566 on comsae C and ended dropping 30 pts, I think C was closest to the real thing, had a friend who dropped about a 100 pts from form B to real deal

COMLEX 1: 561/86 (left the test feeling pissed, was one of those tests where it happens to be exactly what you didn't study)

COMLEX 2: 627/91
USMLE 2: 263/99

I left COMLEX 2 feeling like I owned every second of it. I left USMLE 2 feeling confident but thinking it was much more difficult and not sure how I did. I'm not sure of the exact stats cause COMLEX doesn't send out a standard deviation like USMLE does, but I'd guess my percentage was actually higher on the USMLE. Either way I'm definitely happy with them both.

Got a 566 on comsae C and ended dropping 30 pts, I think C was closest to the real thing, had a friend who dropped about a 100 pts from form B to real deal

I am going to take form C after my usmle 2 (it's tomorrow :eek:) . I need to go up from 523 haha cant have a 100 pt drop or i will be in a doozie. Which q bank do you think is best for a quick review/prep for comlex 2 (comquest/bank?) . I been mostly prepping usmle 2 and doing u world.

COMLEX 1: 561/86 (left the test feeling pissed, was one of those tests where it happens to be exactly what you didn't study)

I left COMLEX 2 feeling like I owned every second of it. I left USMLE 2 feeling confident but thinking it was much more difficult and not sure how I did. I'm not sure of the exact stats cause COMLEX doesn't send out a standard deviation like USMLE does, but I'd guess my percentage was actually higher on the USMLE. Either way I'm definitely happy with them both.

did you take USMLE 1 as well?

ah. reason I asked is that I didn't take USMLE 1 either, and was planning on taking Step 2 of both. You scored exceptionally well on both, did you find it difficult to do double duty? Step 1 was glaringly different between COMLEX and USMLE, but i've heard that Step 2 is a more similar test

ah. reason I asked is that I didn't take USMLE 1 either, and was planning on taking Step 2 of both. You scored exceptionally well on both, did you find it difficult to do double duty? Step 1 was glaringly different between COMLEX and USMLE, but i've heard that Step 2 is a more similar test

I would definitely recommend taking both if you are someone who generally tests well. I personally didn't find it difficult doing double duty. Mainly because I used mostly USMLE sources (Uworld, Step up to USMLE, Crush USMLE), and then just threw in COMBANK and some very minimal OMM review with notes I had taken from the first 2 years of school. Uworld itself is so thorough that you can probably just use that and some minimal OMM review and be very well prepared for both.

As far as the similarity between the tests, as I said before I left USMLE thinking it was infinitely harder. The question stems were much longer, which put a time constraint on it, there were almost no 1st order questions, not very many "gimme's" at all, and a significant number of patho-phys step 1-type questions. That being said , it turns out I did about equally well on both, so although it was definitely harder, my grade didn't reflect that.

You guys have any idea when the next batch of COMLEX CE scores will be released? I missed the July 9 cut off by a couple of days, so now I now I'll have to wait at least 2-3 weeks. Hoping I don't have to wait a whole month, because that would mean I wouldn't get my scores for 8 weeks! Any idea?? How often did they release scores last summer?

Just took usmle 2 today. How did you truly feel after that exam????

Based on last year. Friday August 19th in the afternoon will be the release time.

Just took usmle 2 today. How did you truly feel after that exam????

As I said above....

I left USMLE thinking it was infinitely harder. The question stems were much longer, which put a time constraint on it, there were almost no 1st order questions, not very many "gimme's" at all, and a significant number of patho-phys step 1-type questions. That being said , it turns out I did about equally well on both, so although it was definitely harder, my grade didn't reflect that.

You guys have any idea when the next batch of COMLEX CE scores will be released? I missed the July 9 cut off by a couple of days, so now I now I'll have to wait at least 2-3 weeks. Hoping I don't have to wait a whole month, because that would mean I wouldn't get my scores for 8 weeks! Any idea?? How often did they release scores last summer?

I'm with ya . . . took it on July 12th. Score release on August 19th would put us at 5 weeks and worst comes to worst the 26th would be 6 weeks. I'm hoping for the 19th :xf:

I would definitely recommend taking both if you are someone who generally tests well. I personally didn't find it difficult doing double duty. Mainly because I used mostly USMLE sources (Uworld, Step up to USMLE, Crush USMLE), and then just threw in COMBANK and some very minimal OMM review with notes I had taken from the first 2 years of school. Uworld itself is so thorough that you can probably just use that and some minimal OMM review and be very well prepared for both.

As far as the similarity between the tests, as I said before I left USMLE thinking it was infinitely harder. The question stems were much longer, which put a time constraint on it, there were almost no 1st order questions, not very many "gimme's" at all, and a significant number of patho-phys step 1-type questions. That being said , it turns out I did about equally well on both, so although it was definitely harder, my grade didn't reflect that.

:thumbup: great to hear, thank you. I was planning on taking both Step 2's so it's nice to hear from someone who did exceptionally well and didn't take USMLE 1.

I called and they said they aren't releasing scores tomorrow. I took mine on the 14th and they told me prob. next week.

anyone care to share averages for osteopathic question banks and comlex 2 scores? Comquest people told me passing is like 62 and 69% is above average from the data they gathered.

Hello fellow obsessively checking the NBOME site people!

Scores through July 15th are anticipated to be released tomorrow afternoon :scared:

That said, the disclaimer of "if we need more time, it'll be next week" was given, but they are shooting for tomorrow afternoon. The last time they told me that, the scores came up at about 6:30pm EST.

Good luck to everyone! I really REALLY hope I passed. :luck::xf:

I hope they come out as well. My "score" is getting worse every day!