COMLEX score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AngelBear

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there take this test in June sometime. I took it first week of July and eagerly awaiting scores. Hoping its closer to 4-5 weeks instead of 6.

Members don't see this ad.

Should COMQUEST and UWORLD be enough to pass the test, or is COMBANK absolutely necessary? If there were certain sections in COMBANK I should quickly look at before the test, what would they be? My test is on Wednesday.

Should COMQUEST and UWORLD be enough to pass the test, or is COMBANK absolutely necessary? If there were certain sections in COMBANK I should quickly look at before the test, what would they be? My test is on Wednesday.

Crap! You scared me! I set an immediate email notification for this thread, because I knew once scores were up everyone would start posting...

I thought your post was the first "scores are up!" post. Oh well...

If you have access to COMBANK, I'd at least do the OMM section...I did all three, and felt pretty good about my test...but that remains to be seen. Later. Today. TODAY. I hope. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend doing the COMBANK OMM/Legal/Ethics questions. Several of the weird Latin terms and Laws (EMTALA, COBRA law, etc) showed up on my COMLEX Level II, and COMBANK was gold for those. If you have time, do the COMBANK ObGyn questions.

Crap! You scared me! I set an immediate email notification for this thread, because I knew once scores were up everyone would start posting...

I thought your post was the first "scores are up!" post. Oh well...

I know the feeling, that was how I was two weeks ago. Now I'm watching it for a friend of mine who is working.

Wish they would release the scores already

PASSED!!! 597.... man, 1 or 2 more questions and I woulda had a nice, cool 600. Ahh well...

If this helps, when I walked out of there I felt "meh... didn't feel like I rocked it."

But I'll take it, did much better than Level I...

Recap: lots of ObGyn, Peds, Legal/Ethics, some OMM, neuro/psych, then equally divided between the rest.

Good luck to those waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Scores are up and I kicked ass! I kept checking during my 24-hour shift whenever I got a break hahaha. I'm thinking of just applying MD now...

good luck, curious to find out if u were able to focus with a huge gap btw both test dates as i've heard that ppl usually prefer taking them within a few days of each other

Just finished the comlex II so if anyone has specific q's shoot me a message. All in ALL, I must say that it was not as bad as i thought it would be. IF you are at all planning on taking the usmle step 2 do that first. It makes prepping for comlex so much easier! UWorld was awesome for both and is actually overkill for comlex. I used comquest and averaged 70% tutor mode first time around in 5 days or so. The omt on the exam i had was not as in depth as everyone has made it out to be... a few sacrum questions, a couple cranial, a lot of chapman points and just knowing your autonomic levels. Did not have too many omm questions that i was not able to figure out pretty quickly.THe Omm q's from comquest were more than sufficient, especially if you review savarese once over before the exam. In terms of none OMM questions, by and large the majority faired in the way of IM/FP style questions. The questions I had were not as tricky as on comlex 1. A lot of question stems, like in the question banks, make sure you pay attention to what is the most sensitive, specific, useful if you can only use one modality, or cost effective. Did not have a ton of pharm on mine and if i did it was usually in a set of questions where you had to identify the dz, state the most appropriate drug, know appropriate screening tests. The pictures were pretty easy especially with the clinical question stem. Rarely did i not know what i was looking at. Obgyn was pretty simple. As i said uworld for obgyn is more than sufficient. Not a ton of hemonc on my exam or immunology. For peds you gotta know vaccine schedules for regular schedule and catch up schedules. I studied a good while because i took usmle 2 as well. I used secrets, FA, BW, USMLEWORLD and Comquest. I studied for about 2.5 months of so. I took the comsae form 2 b and scored a 523 about 5 weeks or so out. I will post scores later. If you guys have any questions on what to study sources are good ( my fiancee took the exam and used different sources so i am familiar with her opinion on those too!) or where to focus energy, feel free to send me a message. I apologize for any grammatical or non-sensical statements as my brain is currently fried ...have a nice day! :D

I took my exam Aug 1st. I am wondering the same thing. Are scores supposed to be released tomorrow?

Starting to get worried... I've been expecting Step 2 scores (took exam July 15th) for a few weeks now. Has anyone gotten their July 15th scores? :confused:

Still waiting on PE as well. Took it mid july. Passed comlex 2. A little bit less on points than step 1, studied just as long, but less intensely. Im happy about it though :cool::thumbup: