Comlex Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southjersey54

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got comlex score back.....458, totally was not expecting this low of a score but it is what it is. Want to do pathology. Chances of getting into a pathology program? Any insight appreciated. Sooooo bummed right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got comlex score back.....458, totally was not expecting this low of a score but it is what it is. Want to do pathology. Chances of getting into a pathology program? Any insight appreciated. Sooooo bummed right now.

8 of 8 that applied with a COMLEX-USA Level 1 score range of 451 to 500 matched ACGME pathology this past year as their #1 ranked specality (this may or may not include a USMLE score as well). This doesn't include any AOA pathology programs that haven't transitioned yet. Your chances appear to be pretty good.

You want pathology? Do you have a pulse? If yes, then yes you will match. If no, then chances are 100%.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you take USMLE? If not I would take it after studying. Yes pathology is non-competitive but it’s not like family where you can train at most places and get good training and a job. You’ll want to go to a solid program and not a place that’s just gonna have you gross with no teaching. Do some rotations in path get strong path letters, and do research that will help your application.

8 of 8 that applied with a COMLEX-USA Level 1 score range of 451 to 500 matched ACGME pathology this past year as their #1 ranked specality (this may or may not include a USMLE score as well). This doesn't include any AOA pathology programs that haven't transitioned yet. Your chances appear to be pretty good.
There are no AOA pathology residencies just ACGME btw.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Student doctors,

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question but I am lost. I have 2 weeks left before I take the comlex, I am bit confused on how to go about it. Should I read first aid? Sadly I have not read first aid yet (only Behavioral, Repro, and Renal so far); I have watched sketchy micro (minus viruses which I will in the coming days). I started Uworld and combank. I dont think I have time to finish all the questions and also read etc. So doing questions better than reading first aid? And is it true that comquest is a better question bank (and it represents comlex better) than combank? Thank you in advance, sincerely a nervous student who scraped by medical school with family commitments and life.

Hello Student doctors,

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question but I am lost. I have 2 weeks left before I take the comlex, I am bit confused on how to go about it. Should I read first aid? Sadly I have not read first aid yet (only Behavioral, Repro, and Renal so far); I have watched sketchy micro (minus viruses which I will in the coming days). I started Uworld and combank. I dont think I have time to finish all the questions and also read etc. So doing questions better than reading first aid? And is it true that comquest is a better question bank (and it represents comlex better) than combank? Thank you in advance, sincerely a nervous student who scraped by medical school with family commitments and life.
Oof. How much have you studied??? 2 weeks is not nearly enough time to do Uworld. You could take a practice test and see where you stand but with the information you've given you'll most likely fail it. I hope I'm wrong though, but how did you get to 2 weeks before and not have read first aid? What have you been doing?

Oof. How much have you studied??? 2 weeks is not nearly enough time to do Uworld. You could take a practice test and see where you stand but with the information you've given you'll most likely fail it. I hope I'm wrong though, but how did you get to 2 weeks before and not have read first aid? What have you been doing?

Thanks for the reply, and yes you are right, what have I been doing? Sadly, life got to me and I had to tend to family issues. I wish I was smart enough as now my anxiety levels are going up every day.

So far,

I have watched Heme lectures (pathoma) read 3 chapters from FA (Behavior, Renal, Repro), Watched sketchy micro (minus viruses which I am hoping to finish in few days), I have been doing Uworld and combank. I wont lie my UWORLD is not the highest percentage. I did take comsae B (June 1st) and hit somewhere around 468 ( I did guess on many). I am going to look over OPP guide that school made for us as I know I am weak on that. But that is where I stand. I dont know if doing questions is the way go about or read FA or etc. Any advice would be appreciative, thank you in advance fellow student doctor.

Thanks for the reply, and yes you are right, what have I been doing? Sadly, life got to me and I had to tend to family issues. I wish I was smart enough as now my anxiety levels are going up every day.

So far,

I have watched Heme lectures (pathoma) read 3 chapters from FA (Behavior, Renal, Repro), Watched sketchy micro (minus viruses which I am hoping to finish in few days), I have been doing Uworld and combank. I wont lie my UWORLD is not the highest percentage. I did take comsae B (June 1st) and hit somewhere around 468 ( I did guess on many). I am going to look over OPP guide that school made for us as I know I am weak on that. But that is where I stand. I dont know if doing questions is the way go about or read FA or etc. Any advice would be appreciative, thank you in advance fellow student doctor.

Don't listen to people who are still OMS-1. 468 on a COMSAE is solid.

At this point, you need to do a ton of questions on random, and hone down on your weaknesses. Review your weakest subjects through FA, Sketchy, or UW. UW has a search function that allows you to search questions based on key words.

2 weeks is plenty of time. I boost my real USMLE baseline by 47-50 pts in 4 weeks, and at least 30-40 COMLEX pts during that timespan.

Just to relieve some anxiety, I score 440s on my COMSAE and 470s on the real COMLEX. Class gpa is around 85%.

Don't listen to people who are discouraging you. Just grind it out by putting 10-12 hrs of study everyday for the next 2 weeks. It will be over soon. It will be worth it when you pass this thing.

Reactions: 1 user

At this point, you need to do a ton of questions on random, and hone down on your weaknesses. Review your weakest subjects through FA, Sketchy, or UW. UW has a search function that allows you to search questions based on key words.

Thank you BlackCoffee24/7,

You are awesome and thanks for replying to me everywhere haha :). You will be a phenomenal physician one day. Bless you :) note: 85% GPA is awesome, haha sadly not smart as you but I shall try my best :).

2 weeks is plenty of time. I boost my real USMLE baseline by 47-50 pts in 4 weeks, and at least 30-40 COMLEX pts during that timespan.

Just to relieve some anxiety, I score 440s on my COMSAE and 470s on the real COMLEX. Class gpa is around 85%.

Don't listen to people who are discouraging you. Just grind it out by putting 10-12 hrs of study everyday for the next 2 weeks. It will be over soon. It will be worth it when you pass this thing.
lmao, you can't seriously read his post with the given information that he hasn't read FA, and has barely studied and go "yeah you're going to be fine". If he had posted his practice score on comsae I would have given similar advice to you, as to continue grinding and studying it out. I'm not being discouraging, I'm being real. And what does the fact that I'm a new 2nd year have anything to do with my advice? It's not like I'm saying "you're going to fail". I'm saying take a practice, see where you stand.

Hey BlackCoffee24/7, I was trying to message you but it seems like your profile is "locked". Would you be free for a small chat on message sir? I tried messaging but it says error on my part.

And PorkChopsOG: I wish you the best in your second year, I hope you kill it and learn from all our mistakes :).