Commissioning a week late??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjdd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be commissioning into the Navy HPSP this coming August. Many of my class mates will be commissioning the 1st of August. I am scheduled to be commissioning a week later due to family matters to attend. I am aware that I will miss a week of pay for the month. Are their any other negatives besides the pay that will affect me immediately or down the road form doing it a week later?

Does anyone know what date most dental Navy HPSP recipients swear in?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Only issue you should have is your tuition payment. I had to pay mine up front and get reimbursed from the Navy later, so the only real issue is having to wait another week before you can get reimbursed. I don't think anything else should be different. Everyone I know that went Navy got commissioned on Aug 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
Only issue you should have is your tuition payment. I had to pay mine up front and get reimbursed from the Navy later, so the only real issue is having to wait another week before you can get reimbursed. I don't think anything else should be different. Everyone I know that went Navy got commissioned on Aug 1st.

Any issues with seniority once out and working in the Navy? Will people who were commissioned Aug 1st get priority? Seeing as they have been in a week longer than I?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any issues with seniority once out and working in the Navy? Will people who were commissioned Aug 1st get priority? Seeing as they have been in a week longer than I?

Thanks!

Never really thought about that but I highly doubt it. What difference is one week going to make? Even people that commission a year later are still the same rank once they get their degree I presume. (Unless they have prior military experience before commissioning for HPSP.)

Time in school does not count for time in grade, so there will be no issues as far as "seniority" is concerned.

The only issue is your tuition payment and stipend being late. I commissioned June 1, and was not in the system until early July.

Time in school does not count for time in grade, so there will be no issues as far as "seniority" is concerned.

The only issue is your tuition payment and stipend being late. I commissioned June 1, and was not in the system until early July.

Thanks for the response. My school is waiting for the tuition payment so I am not concerned there. I have heard that I will loose out on a week from the living stipend. But wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything else obvious