Compare my AAMC Sample & 5 TPR scores - Am I Ready for June?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HaverfordSquirrel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will take the June 17 MCAT. I have no idea what score to expect at this point. I have 2 questions.

1. Can you help me figure what score I would get on the real exam? I heard TPR deflates, but still not sure by how much after reading tons of SDN posts about TPR FLs. I did much better on the AAMC Sample test. Apparently according to SDN, my AAMC Sample results are equivalent to ~515. That's my goal.

Here are my practice test scores in the order that I took them:
AAMC Sample test (% correct):
C/P 76%
CARS 91%
B/B 73%
P/S 71%

TPR Test 1 - 498
C/P 124
CARS 124
B/B 124
P/S 126

TPR Test 2 - 501
C/P 124
CARS 125
B/B 126
P/S 126

TPR Test 3 - 500
C/P 124
CARS 125
B/B 126
P/S 125

TPR Test 4 - 502
C/P 124
CARS 124
B/B 128
P/S 126

2. WHEN SHOULD I TAKE the available AAMC FLs?
Did not try them yet. How should I utilize them in the next month?

Also any extraneous tips after seeing my scores would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC sample looks good, although the converters can be inaccurate a lot of the times. TPR is super deflated: someone who maxed 501 on TPR here on SDN scored 520+ on the real thing. Not saying that's the case for everyone, just using it as an example to show how inaccurate the scores are.

You said your test is in June, but when specifically-- beginning, middle, end? You should be sure to use all AAMC material if you haven't yet, including the section banks, q-packs, and official guide questions. You should take FL 1 soon so you can have an idea of where you really stand, then save FL 2 for within a week of your exam date.

Wow at your CARS! Shows me how deflated TPR is since you never scored >125.

Is it better to just calculate your % correct on 3rd party FLs and ignore those scores?

Definitely start your AAMC material ASAP. It's May!

I recommend taking the scored AAMC FL's within the last 2 weeks, spaced 1 week apart. Do the Section Banks/QPacks/Official Guide between now and then.

Check out some TPR vs. Sample test stats yourself, this document is awesome for gauging. Overall, scoring 500+ on TPR is EXTREMELY difficult (took TPR's course + exam set myself). I would almost caution against taking more TPR exams, they'll just kill your spirit. When I was taking the actual MCAT (which I went in knowing that i would void on May 13th), it was nothing like what TPR suggested we'd be tested on.

I will also note again that after having taken the May 13th MCAT 2 days ago (the one i voided) and thoroughly going through Reddit from other test takers only other test dates, it seems that the MCAT is re-focusing their exams once again and really screwing people over in doing so. They are moving away from biochem and starting to press a little harder on Physics.

Reactions: 1 user