Conditions that may result in acceptance withdrawal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm curious if anyone knows what it takes to actually lose an acceptance. An F? A W or two? Etc.

What is the policy for most schools or your school?

Members don't see this ad.

From http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=680032:

Reasons we have negated an acceptance/degree:
  • False information found on application.
  • Not successfully completing degree.
  • Not successfully completing any courses registered for.
  • Lying during interview
  • False representation of volunteering experience.
  • Felony convictions before or during medical school.

We have negated a couple of degrees after they have been conferred which means no MD after 4 years of work because of false information on application.

Once you graduate, you can commit your felonies then.

Basically, don't lie on your application. If you have falsified ANYTHING leading up to your acceptance you could have the acceptance taken away.

After application and acceptance, read your acceptance letter VERY carefully. Some are quite specific (as in "complete all coursework listed or reported with a 3.0 or better"), some are a little more lax ("complete all coursework required for graduation in an acceptable fashion" - generally taken to mean C or better). Some have a morals clause - if you mess up and get arrested you may have a problem. Read your letter very carefully.

If you have questions about whether you can drop a course or two that you have reported as being "in progress" or "will take" then you should call the schools that have accepted you to make sure it's not a problem. And get the answer in writing.

Wait so if I drop a class spring semester after getting accepted my acceptance could get rescinded????

Even if it's like underwater basket weaving? That's incredibly dumb.

Members don't see this ad :)
Being an outright dick on internet forums can get your acceptance rescinded both quickly and hilariously.

Being an outright dick on internet forums can get your acceptance rescinded both quickly and hilariously.

I lol'd

Never forget cat in the hat. He was such a dick.

I'm curious if any schools really require a certain gpa to be maintained? I checked a few schools and most are happy as long as you pass all of your required classes for the semester. KCUMB seems to be happy as long as you have your degree and pass their requirements.

I'm curious if any schools really require a certain gpa to be maintained? I checked a few schools and most are happy as long as you pass all of your required classes for the semester. KCUMB seems to be happy as long as you have your degree and pass their requirements.

I know that at my school you must pass all remaining coursework that you are, or will be taking before matriculation. On top of that, they don't want you to fall below their minimum GPA standards. Most people won't have a problem with that even if they make straight C's.

I know that at my school you must pass all remaining coursework that you are, or will be taking before matriculation. On top of that, they don't want you to fall below their minimum GPA standards. Most people won't have a problem with that even if they make straight C's.

Minimal standards = senoritis maxima.

ah, no one will ever forget.

I interviewed with cat at the school he got his acceptance revoked from.
It took every muscle in my body to not reach across the table and smack him due to the comments he was making.

Be careful what you say because you never know who is listening.
And always remember, karma :naughty:

It took every muscle in my body to not reach across the table and smack him due to the comments he was making.

He did it in person? That's a special level of stupid.

He did it in person? That's a special level of stupid.

Oh, not in front of ADCOM. Just when they walked away.
Like, all the applicants sitting in the room alone before interviews started...

cat- "Just so you know, none of you should actually try because i'm gonna get the acceptance."
everyone else- "...."

I speak no lies. I literally told all my friends and family about it after. Then acceptance. Then bam.

I met him IRL as well.

Super awkward and douchey.

Members don't see this ad :)
I met him IRL as well.

Hmm, looks like I misjudged him. I thought he was an alright guy who just made a mistake. Apparently he's actually just an idiot. Oh well.

Hmm, looks like I misjudged him. I thought he was an alright guy who just made a mistake. Apparently he's actually just an idiot. Oh well.

Well, hopefully he learned his lesson. We all make mistakes, and I would hate to be him. I heard he's in a post-bacc somewhere, but I don't know that for sure. I wish him luck, though, and at least it brought him off his high horse.

Oh, not in front of ADCOM. Just when they walked away.
Like, all the applicants sitting in the room alone before interviews started...

cat- "Just so you know, none of you should actually try because i'm gonna get the acceptance."
everyone else- "...."

I speak no lies. I literally told all my friends and family about it after. Then acceptance. Then bam.

The last group interview I went to one of the interviewees started his "Why DO" answer with a "No offense, but..." all the while an MD was sitting right across from him. I don't understand how people can lack such a social awareness.

The last group interview I went to one of the interviewees started his "Why DO" answer with a "No offense, but..." all the while an MD was sitting right across from him. I don't understand how people can lack such a social awareness.

Wow that is just freakin painful

I met him IRL as well.

(back to derailing this thread) I am soooo glad I got to read his public apology thread before it got deleted! That was SDN history in the making

So, I'm curious if anyone knows what it takes to actually lose an acceptance. An F? A W or two? Etc.

>/=C = nothing to worry about. I W'ed a class that I wasn't doing well in. No problem at all.

Wait so if I drop a class spring semester after getting accepted my acceptance could get rescinded????

Even if it's like underwater basket weaving? That's incredibly dumb.

Its possible, just very unlikely. More likely if the class you drop is a class that is required by your school (obviously).

Usually your acceptance letter will have the requirements to be fully admitted. Like receiving transcripts or successful completion of degree.

I'm confused as to how adcoms can tell if you fabricate information on your application if you dont have to put any contact information for anything? I can see how it can happen with MD schools though because everything requires a contact name and phone number or email.

Was this the guy who was going to go to ACOM, and got canned because he did some questionable things on facebook?

That was an epic thread. I have never seen so many posts in such a short time.

Graduated college with a 3.7, 3.6 science. You're saying one C in a class I'm taking in the middle of interview season can ruin me?

If you're still interviewing why wouldn't you try to get an A?

In regards to Cole,

I find all of the updates hilarious and depressing. I've met too many people like him. On the surface I'm annoyed by their presence, but deep down I feel sorry for them. He always sounded like a douche bag on here, but if his real-life-filter didn't clean up his act then he was truly an ass. Hopefully he grew from the experience, because nobody wants a guy like that as a doctor and certainly not as a colleague. This is probably a second chance for him. I will be surprised if he ends up as an MD or DO, though.

In regards to Cole,

I find all of the updates hilarious and depressing. I've met too many people like him. On the surface I'm annoyed by their presence, but deep down I feel sorry for them. He always sounded like a douche bag on here, but if his real-life-filter didn't clean up his act then he was truly an ass. Hopefully he grew from the experience, because nobody wants a guy like that as a doctor and certainly not as a colleague. This is probably a second chance for him. I will be surprised if he ends up as an MD or DO, though.

I always thought he was a nice guy. I do wish him (and MedPr) the best.

(back to derailing this thread) I am soooo glad I got to read his public apology thread before it got deleted! That was SDN history in the making
Someday when we're all residents with too little time for SDN, it will become SDN legend. Maybe even SDN folklore.

Someday when we're all residents with too little time for SDN, it will become SDN legend. Maybe even SDN folklore.

I still have a screen shot of "The Letter" on my phone.

I always thought he was a nice guy. I do wish him (and MedPr) the best.

I always liked MedPR. Talkative, but generally helpful. I actually suggested to my dean that we give him an interview.

But nobody around here listens to me, and we rejected him pre-interview anyway. Oh well.

I always liked MedPR. Talkative, but generally helpful. I actually suggested to my dean that we give him an interview.

But nobody around here listens to me, and we rejected him pre-interview anyway. Oh well.

did he ever get into a medical school?

Start a Facebook group with your real name and link it to your sdn while making racist comments.

For those wondering about Cole, he got his interview back at lmu-dcom and then bombed it. He was going to do an smp and reapply.

Now, I don't know THIS story :D

And, I wish I saw the apology letter!!

How are all of you guys knowing who other people are in real life? There's another mistake.

How are all of you guys knowing who other people are in real life? There's another mistake.

Interviewing early you tend to meet at lot of people from SDN. Moreso in the pre-allo forum because they are more talkative (on SDN) usually.

Interviewing early you tend to meet at lot of people from SDN. Moreso in the pre-allo forum because they are more talkative (on SDN) usually.

I've been on 7 interviews, including MD. I haven't met a single person from SDN. I even asked at a couple, but everyone seemed reserved on that issue. Come out SDNers!

For those wondering about Cole, he got his interview back at lmu-dcom and then bombed it. He was going to do an smp and reapply.

Yup I was at that LMU interview

LOL, I was the one who told Cole to call LMU and get his interview back, because I kinda felt bad for the guy (not so much anymore after learning new details). Anyways, we sent multiple messages back and forth, but I never knew he actually went through with it and made the calls. This is very interesting to learn. touchpause13, how did he act at the interview?

For those of you that don't know LMU-DCOM places tremendous weight on the interview because they want "real" people who will interact well with patients. The interview is closed file and after talking with faculty I have learned just how much it plays a role in acceptances (stats really don't matter that much once you make it to the interview stage). Interesting to learn that he failed at this miserably as well.

How did he make it into an MD school, or is he in a post-bac program at an MD school?

LOL, I was the one who told Cole to call LMU and get his interview back, because I kinda felt bad for the guy (not so much anymore after learning new details). Anyways, we sent multiple messages back and forth, but I never knew he actually went through with it and made the calls. This is very interesting to learn. touchpause13, how did he act at the interview?

For those of you that don't know LMU-DCOM places tremendous weight on the interview because they want "real" people who will interact well with patients. The interview is closed file and after talking with faculty I have learned just how much it plays a role in acceptances (stats really don't matter that much once you make it to the interview stage). Interesting to learn that he failed at this miserably as well.

How did he make it into an MD school, or is he in a post-bac program at an MD school?

He isn't in an MD school. MedPR is.

And cole is awkward. He pretty much ignored me because we never exactly got along lol

He isn't in an MD school. MedPR is.

And cole is awkward. He pretty much ignored me because we never exactly got along lol

Ok that makes sense. The thread was talking about two people and I got a little confused (won't be the last time).

Does anybody know what school Cole is at the post-bac program (just out of curiosity)?

Ok that makes sense. The thread was talking about two people and I got a little confused (won't be the last time).

Does anybody know what school Cole is at the post-bac program (just out of curiosity)?
Yes, MedPR at MD.

From what I've heard, Cole severed ties with anyone related to SDN as he began distrusting even his shadow after the ACOM incident and the LMU-DCOM rejection.