Had to Withdraw from SMP after first term, go back?

Started by venuskiwi
Tags Tags
smp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Given what you've been through, if you return to your program and Ace the remaining semesters, I think you have a good chance at becoming a doctor.

I strongly suggest that you develop good coping skills as well.

It doesn't have to be at your original program. You can definitely shop around.
Thank you! That's why I want to take some time, make sure I'm prepared to ace no matter what and also I have a lot more patience now than I used to so I'm better at seeing this process as a marathon rather than sprint.
 
When you shop around to restart your SMP journey, look very carefully for student learning and support resources. If you excel, you will need to most supportive faculty and program directors to vouch for you, and you need to know they have been successful getting "bent arrows" into schools.
 
When you shop around to restart your SMP journey, look very carefully for student learning and support resources. If you excel, you will need to most supportive faculty and program directors to vouch for you, and you need to know they have been successful getting "bent arrows" into schools.
When you refer to "bent arrows" are you referring to the fact I have a semester of poor grades or my lack of coping skills or something else?
I guess I'm just confused a bit about what you're referring to here.
 
When you refer to "bent arrows" are you referring to the fact I have a semester of poor grades or my lack of coping skills or something else?
I guess I'm just confused a bit about what you're referring to here.
You are doing an SMP for a good reason as opposed to being a "traditional student". Non-traditional or those doing SMP's due to academic difficulties are often called "bent arrows" in admissions parlance.
 
You are doing an SMP for a good reason as opposed to being a "traditional student". Non-traditional or those doing SMP's due to academic difficulties are often called "bent arrows" in admissions parlance.
Heh, learn something new every day, thanks!