CONFESS here.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here it goes:

1. Gelato (the real Italian stuff, not the icy American version). Haven't had good gelato since my trip to Italy. Discovered new gelato shop run by Italians. Have now visited 4 times (not good for my diet).

2, Thinking mean thoughts about my coworkers. Most are great, but some are so afraid to be near an animal that "looks like it's mean" that I just want to smack them.

3. Pedicures. On my feet all day at the clinic/live in warm climate and always wear flip-flops. This REQUIRES :) that I get a pedicure with leg massage every 2-3 weeks.

4. Trying new make-up/face products. My newest favorite is Simple at Target. I am allergic to the world and it is great for my skin.

5. Going to Marshalls/Homegoods to buy stuff for the house I am renting for vet school. I swear that place is addictive.

Members don't see this ad.

Here it goes:

1. Gelato (the real Italian stuff, not the icy American version). Haven't had good gelato since my trip to Italy. Discovered new gelato shop run by Italians. Have now visited 4 times (not good for my diet).

2, Thinking mean thoughts about my coworkers. Most are great, but some are so afraid to be near an animal that "looks like it's mean" that I just want to smack them.

3. Pedicures. On my feet all day at the clinic/live in warm climate and always wear flip-flops. This REQUIRES :) that I get a pedicure with leg massage every 2-3 weeks.

4. Trying new make-up/face products. My newest favorite is Simple at Target. I am allergic to the world and it is great for my skin.

5. Going to Marshalls/Homegoods to buy stuff for the house I am renting for vet school. I swear that place is addictive.

I love that you gave a list. I have to take a break from gel manicures. I love them. It is ridiculous. Temporarily giving them up so my nails can rest.

Here it goes:

I love that you gave a list. I have to take a break from gel manicures. I love them. It is ridiculous. Temporarily giving them up so my nails can rest.
I can't do nails because they get in the way when I have to scruff a cat lol and forget picking up pennies!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't do nails because they get in the way when I have to scruff a cat lol and forget picking up pennies!!!

Its a manicure on your real nails, not fake ones. Which is why I like it

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

Its a manicure on your real nails, not fake ones. Which is why I like it

I don't like the gel nails. I have really thick, nice nails naturally but I wanted to try gel nails so I could have a manicure that doesn't get destroyed in 24 hours like nail polish. The gel nails thinned out my natural thick, long nails when it was taken off. My nails have grown back to normal but I won't get the gel nails again. I will just deal with having really nice unpolished nails.

I love the idea of gel, but not the maintenace. I can't afford pedicures and manicures. Sigh. Plus, with all the chemicals that go on my hands at the clinic I always destroy a manicure in less than 24 hours....

Oh my gosh, I love pedicures but it has definitely been too long for me. Haven't had one since August. Maybe I should plan on remedying this soon!
I never paint my fingernails (because of chip-age), but my toenails are almost always painted.

Oh my gosh, I love pedicures but it has definitely been too long for me. Haven't had one since August. Maybe I should plan on remedying this soon!
I never paint my f aaingernails (because of chip-age), but my toenails are almost always painted.

I can't stand pedicures LOL. I have super sensitive feet. :rolleyes:
Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile

I can't stand pedicures LOL. I have super sensitive feet. :rolleyes:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::eek: SO TICKLISH!! They always giggle at me when I squirm and laugh :oops:

I don't like the gel nails. I have really thick, nice nails naturally but I wanted to try gel nails so I could have a manicure that doesn't get destroyed in 24 hours like nail polish. The gel nails thinned out my natural thick, long nails when it was taken off. My nails have grown back to normal but I won't get the gel nails again. I will just deal with having really nice unpolished nails.

Yeah, my nails are thin and split ALL the time, no matter what I do. The gel helps me with growing them out, even though they do thin my nails

Yeah, my nails are thin and split ALL the time, no matter what I do. The gel helps me with growing them out, even though they do thin my nails

Mine didn't used to be but in the last month or so they've gotten thin and peely. What the heck?!?! (Stress?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Totally just freaked myself out just now as I was wrapping a baby shower gift by thinking "I want a baby".... No, no I do not want a baby!!! (At the current juncture in my life)

Totally just freaked myself out just now as I was wrapping a baby shower gift by thinking "I want a baby".... No, no I do not want a baby!!! (At the current juncture in my life)

Haha, I go through that a lot. Like at least once a day. I was told that I could defer...:)

Last edited:
Mine didn't used to be but in the last month or so they've gotten thin and peely. What the heck?!?! (Stress?)

I agree! I also think because I work with water and constant hand washing. Also stress eating, maybe?? That is mostly just adding to tightness of pants.

Sometime I have this thought (call it baby fever: little babies and little baby items cause the want of a baby.), then I think nope, nope, nope. Also no SO, so saved on that part.

I was adamant on not having children. That changed since I've been with my SO. I think things might change for some of you once you meet the right person.:)

I was adamant on not having children. That changed since I've been with my SO. I think things might change for some of you once you meet the right person.:)

That's probably the #1 thing to NOT say to someone who says they don't want kids.

"Oh, you just haven't met the right person yet."

Oh... right... OF COURSE. How silly of me.

(From someone who plans to have kids)

I'm currently stress-buying stationary online...

Relatedly, I think baby things are often super adorable. The babies themselves, however, scare the f out of me.

That's probably the #1 thing to NOT say to someone who says they don't want kids.

What...

That's why I said "some" of you. I understand that some people just can't have children because they drive them insane. As someone who used to not want children, my sister always told me "just wait and see", I never believed her. Now I do. To each his own.

....seriously, necessary or just trolling?

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

That's a pretty offensive thing to suggest dude. Guess what, part of my ~magical 'right person'~ criteria (which doesn't actually exist) would be that the person doesn't want kids. It's really condescending to put it that way.

I didn't mean for it to be offensive at all and never thought of it that way. Was just speaking from my own experience. It was never my intention to be condescending or offensive. I apologize.
Threatening someone over the internet is just as offensive.

I didn't mean for it to be offensive at all and never thought of it that way. Was just speaking from my own experience. It was never my intention to be condescending or offensive. I apologize.
Threatening someone over the internet is just as offensive.

The anatomy of what I said doesn't even make sense.

i'll edit it, if you're actually offended by it. that kind of comment really strikes me in the wrong way though, for a lot of reasons, and i hope you will think twice before saying it to anyone again.

Last edited:
Everyone around me's poppin out babies left and right, and I'm so freakin jealous. I start daydreamin about my life with minibelles in a little modest house. Then I look at my debt papers + empty bank account and it all fizzles away. Then I take a look around me and my lifestyle, and realize that reality's a b****. I have 4 weeks worth of laundry overflowing from my basket. I'm wearing pj's with holes all over with the most ill fitting thongs (2 sizes too big) ever because I'm out of clean underwear. My diet for the past 2 weeks have consisted of 3 delivery orders. Sleep schedule that doesn't reflect any natural animal species. My bed sheets are pretty much detached from my mattress and I've just been cocooning myself in them instead of refitting them onto the bed. Plus once the laundry get done, it's going to sit on my bed until they end up in the basket/floor again. I suck at life so bad I've attended 4 hrs of lecture total in the past 2 weeks. No way in hell I'd be able to raise a kid without child protective services knocking on my door while in school.

Everyone around me's poppin out babies left and right, and I'm so freakin jealous. I start daydreamin about my life with minibelles in a little modest house. Then I look at my debt papers + empty bank account and it all fizzles away. Then I take a look around me and my lifestyle, and realize that reality's a b****. I have 4 weeks worth of laundry overflowing from my basket. I'm wearing pj's with holes all over with the most ill fitting thongs (2 sizes too big) ever because I'm out of clean underwear. My diet for the past 2 weeks have consisted of 3 delivery orders. Sleep schedule that doesn't reflect any natural animal species. My bed sheets are pretty much detached from my mattress and I've just been cocooning myself in them instead of refitting them onto the bed. Plus once the laundry get done, it's going to sit on my bed until they end up in the basket/floor again. I suck at life so bad I've attended 4 hrs of lecture total in the past 2 weeks. No way in hell I'd be able to raise a kid without child protective services knocking on my door while in school.
You don't suck at life at all!! You are totally going to be a veterinarian!!! That's badass!!!!!! (And I'm totally jealous that you're already there :p) Who cares about laundry and making the bed? My domestic prowess is totally lacking in my current state of affairs!!!! Besides, babies now would be so hard!! Wait until you're kicking butt as a doctor :D

You don't suck at life at all!! You are totally going to be a veterinarian!!! That's badass!!!!!! (And I'm totally jealous that you're already there :p) Who cares about laundry and making the bed? My domestic prowess is totally lacking in my current state of affairs!!!! Besides, babies now would be so hard!! Wait until you're kicking butt as a doctor :D

Haha thanks Abney! It's easy to lose sight of my badassness when it seems like my life purpose is to take multiple choice exams :p

This bothers the bejeesus out of me every time someone says it. I decided when I was 5 years old I didn't want kids. If I change my mind eventually, that's my choice too.
Frankly, it's no one's business about whether I want to go popping babies out, but apparently having a uterus also necessitates that people get to decide what I do with it.
And yes, telling someone "oh, you'll change your mind when you've met the right person!" is offensive. I could go all women's studies on this and break it down, but it's not even 7am and I had a craptastic weekend, so my threshold for being annoyed is pretty low.

Get out of my life!!! :eek:

Seriously, you literally just described every aspect of my life I'm sucking at right now. Except I need to add that I keep signing up for WW games instead of doing the laundry, and studying, and cleaning. I am so disappointed in myself right now and can't pull myself out of it. *sigh*

I want to put this out there for the folks nay saying what PSILT said. I have met the love of my life. We have been together for 6+ years and the idea of having babies scares the pants off me . Being in this stable relationship hasn't given me baby fever any more or less than I had before. I am sure it depends on the person.

:scared:Babies!!!

I want to put this out there for the folks nay saying what PSILT said. I have met the love of my life. We have been together for 6+ years and the idea of having babies scares the pants off me . Being in this stable relationship hasn't given me baby fever any more or less than I had before. I am sure it depends on the person.

Well I mean that's sort of part of the point of why it's insulting. It's insulting to people who are currently in a long term relationship where neither party wants kids, as it carries an air of invalidation for the relationship. However, it also manages to insult the people who are not in relationships by insinuating that their reasoning for not wanting children is not solid or stable and will eventually be overridden by ~the power of love~ because ~that's just what happens.~

Plus I've just been thinking recently how glad I am that I made it out of my 20's and now that I'm 31 perhaps people will stop telling me I'll change my mind someday and then some kid 10 years younger than me says it.

ffs...

This bothers the bejeesus out of me every time someone says it. I decided when I was 5 years old I didn't want kids. If I change my mind eventually, that's my choice too.
Frankly, it's no one's business about whether I want to go popping babies out, but apparently having a uterus also necessitates that people get to decide what I do with it.
And yes, telling someone "oh, you'll change your mind when you've met the right person!" is offensive. I could go all women's studies on this and break it down, but it's not even 7am and I had a craptastic weekend, so my threshold for being annoyed is pretty low.

:thumbup: Major pet peeve.

Get out of my life!!! :eek:

Seriously, you literally just described every aspect of my life I'm sucking at right now. Except I need to add that I keep signing up for WW games instead of doing the laundry, and studying, and cleaning. I am so disappointed in myself right now and can't pull myself out of it. *sigh*

This is me too! I thought I was one of a kind

Well I mean that's sort of part of the point of why it's insulting. It's insulting to people who are currently in a long term relationship where neither party wants kids, as it carries an air of invalidation for the relationship. However, it also manages to insult the people who are not in relationships by insinuating that their reasoning for not wanting children is not solid or stable and will eventually be overridden by ~the power of love~ because ~that's just what happens.~

Plus I've just been thinking recently how glad I am that I made it out of my 20's and now that I'm 31 perhaps people will stop telling me I'll change my mind someday and then some kid 10 years younger than me says it.

ffs...

Eventually people stop asking because they think "you have a problem" which I personally found hilarious. Lets you make the other person feel uncomfortable a little!

No one seems to care these days for us ...and I can honestly say, friends my age with kids seem soooo old and boring to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflysushi

ffs...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

My husband and I have been together for 12 years and married almost 9. I'm going on 32 and have NO intention of kids any time soon. When we first got together we said we definitely wanted kids, but we are kind of rethinking that because we really enjoy the freedom that we have, not to mention the extra money we have that can be spent on good coffee and beer rather than diapers.

In other news, I just managed to drool all over myself mid-sentence. My husband took a picture for posterity. I don't know how it happened, but it did. Embarrassing moment #14625.

Whoa. I can totally understand being upset if psilovethomas said "you WILL change your mind and suddenly go baby crazy" but that is not at all what she said. She said "I think things might change for some of you once you meet the right person." I can understand that this could be a sensitive subject for some but I don't think the reactions were warranted. No one likes to feel like their life style choices are considered "temporary" or a "phase". But I really don't think psilovethomas meant it in a demeaning way. She also apologized so let's move on to some juicy confessions. :)

I have a this terrible tendency of coming home with sick/broken/abandoned/etc animals from shelters, my vet hospital job, or at my other pet related job. I'm such a sucker for every "underdog" tossed into my path. I'm going to have to learn the word "no" eventually I suppose... :) I'm sure this rings true for a quite a few of you.

Oh and I love anything that humiliates Snooki. Ugh. South Park episode on her was the best (and I don't even really care for the show!).

Last edited:
In other news, I just managed to drool all over myself mid-sentence. My husband took a picture for posterity. I don't know how it happened, but it did. Embarrassing moment #14625.
For posterity? ;)