confused!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannamed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone

im having a tough time figuring out when to take the mcats.

I will be a junior this upcoming fall, and i will be taking physics this year.

I feel like i will have a VERYY tough time studying during school with research and physics and all.

But do i really have a choice? I was hoping to finish physics and use the summer to study and take the exam in August....but i've heard Aug is too late.

I just feel like taking it any earlier would be difficult....but do i have any other options?

Are tests given in July? and would that be too late?

Members don't see this ad.

hello everyone

I feel like i will have a VERYY tough time studying during school with research and physics and all.

But do i really have a choice? I was hoping to finish physics and use the summer to study and take the exam in August....but i've heard Aug is too late.

I just feel like taking it any earlier would be difficult....but do i have any other options?

There are tests in July, meaning you get your score back in August a month later. That's not early, but its not late either. Your app can still get verified while your test is being scored.

It does pretty much eliminate the possibility of a retake however if your scores aren't where you'd like them to be.

hello everyone

I would study in the summer and see how you are doing within a month.

Remember, if you are not ready then do not write! I had an internship and so I studied a entire semester. When the semester and some of the summer was done I was only making 26 -27 on the test. I decided I would work as an engineer (physics major) after I graduated and spend more time on the test. Some people make good scores in a month. Others, such as my self, require more time. Dont be afraid to extend one year if you are not ready for the test. The extra year may even be a nice break.

Taking it when you are not ready will look bad on your app and could prevent your acceptance.