1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

confused!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by wannamed, Jul 24, 2011.

1. wannamed

Pre-Medical
    hello everyone

im having a tough time figuring out when to take the mcats.

I will be a junior this upcoming fall, and i will be taking physics this year.

I feel like i will have a VERYY tough time studying during school with research and physics and all.

But do i really have a choice? I was hoping to finish physics and use the summer to study and take the exam in August....but i've heard Aug is too late.

I just feel like taking it any earlier would be difficult....but do i have any other options?

Are tests given in July? and would that be too late?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. km17

km17 Annyong
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    There are tests in July, meaning you get your score back in August a month later. That's not early, but its not late either. Your app can still get verified while your test is being scored.

It does pretty much eliminate the possibility of a retake however if your scores aren't where you'd like them to be.

4. Doctorsoon2011

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would study in the summer and see how you are doing within a month.

Remember, if you are not ready then do not write! I had an internship and so I studied a entire semester. When the semester and some of the summer was done I was only making 26 -27 on the test. I decided I would work as an engineer (physics major) after I graduated and spend more time on the test. Some people make good scores in a month. Others, such as my self, require more time. Dont be afraid to extend one year if you are not ready for the test. The extra year may even be a nice break.

Taking it when you are not ready will look bad on your app and could prevent your acceptance.