Consistently bad at angle rankings for PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcoope44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I bought CDP which has been good practice so far.

I've been consistently improving on all sections as I go through the tests, but my angle ranking score consistently varies from 40%-60% right. I've seen the laptop, and cliff method, and I've tried to use it, but I'm still having a lot of trouble. Does anyone have any other tips for improving on angle rankings, or should I just keep practicing and hopefully I somehow get better.

Also, my DAT is in 2 weeks and I'm writing it in Canada where it's only scheduled twice a year so rescheduling isn't really an option.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been consistently improving on all sections as I go through the tests, but my angle ranking score consistently varies from 40%-60% right. I've seen the laptop, and cliff method, and I've tried to use it, but I'm still having a lot of trouble. Does anyone have any other tips for improving on angle rankings, or should I just keep practicing and hopefully I somehow get better.

Also, my DAT is in 2 weeks and I'm writing it in Canada where it's only scheduled twice a year so rescheduling isn't really an option.

I always did bad on Crack's version. I know for a fact I got 2 other non-angle ques wrong on my PAT, so I guess I did good on the angles because I got a 24.

Maybe, buy Achiever. Their PAT is harder than the real one, but unlike Crack's PAT, all the angles are in the same plane so its more comparable to the real DAT. GL.

I always did bad on Crack's version. I know for a fact I got 2 other non-angle ques wrong on my PAT, so I guess I did good on the angles because I got a 24.

Maybe, buy Achiever. Their PAT is harder than the real one, but unlike Crack's PAT, all the angles are in the same plane so its more comparable to the real DAT. GL.

All angles on real dat are on the same plane? What, seriously?

After I posted this I talked to a friend who wrote the DAT, and he gave me a tip for angle rankings that only works for the Canadian DAT (because it's on paper, not a computer.)

Bring a lead pencil to the test and if you're stuck on two angles then you can measure which one is bigger by making the lead from the pencil as wide as one of the angles. Obviously this would take way too long to do for every question, but it can help if you're stuck.

Members don't see this ad :)

Can someone confirm all angles are in the same plane on the real PAT? I've never heard this.

I was doing bad on the CDP angles too and I couldn't figure out why. Then I took a protractor to the computer screen and realized that some of the angles in CDP are mislabeled. Like a 120 angle would be labeled 140 or something. Totally terrible. It ruins your confidence for no reason.

I was doing bad on the CDP angles too and I couldn't figure out why. Then I took a protractor to the computer screen and realized that some of the angles in CDP are mislabeled. Like a 120 angle would be labeled 140 or something. Totally terrible. It ruins your confidence for no reason.

Have you done the DAT yet to see what the angle ranking is like in comparison?

In all the other sections I'm able to pull off 12-15 usually, so nailing the angle rankings would be a huge boost to my score.