Contracting with Hospitals for Neurology coverage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UNFADABLE858

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work as a neurohospitalist and I have been for the last 5 years in California. I had been working with a group who had the contract with the hospital for 24/7 Neurology coverage including Stroke call and I had a separate subcontract with the group. Unfortunately, we lost the contract this year. My question to you all is if any of you have dealt directly with the hospital and any advice you have on how to approach hospitals in general and who should be the one to approach exactly. I am going to start cold calling hospitals in the area and offer my services but the area I am in has a high population of unfavorable insurance and homeless so a stipend has been needed in the past to make it worthwhile. If any of you have done this is there any things to look out for, things to ask for, done in person/email/ or phone ? I’ve never done this before this is all new to me and obviously in residency you don’t get training for this and the groups that I’m with keep Many of these aspects confidential. Thank you very much and I appreciate you reading the posts on this thread they have been very informative.

Members don't see this ad.