Cornell e-mail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:(

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe he didn't have seton hall, manhattan, Nevada and Memphis on their brackets. doh! :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL

Dr. Kevin, DO NOT BET 1000 bones on VCU to beat the Deacons even if the odds are 1:4. Dude, I TOLD YOU.

CCW

The ACC pwns all other conferences. (Don't mind the Cavs, they were having a "rebuilding year"... yeah, that's it).

Originally posted by DoctorKevin
oh just tired of the waiting, wondering if anyone got emails today.

So your brackets are all correct then? Did you pick the upsets?

CCW

Originally posted by Cooper_Wriston
So your brackets are all correct then? Did you pick the upsets?

CCW

LOL I wish I had SOME idea of what you guys are talking about :confused:

LOL I wish I had SOME idea of what you guys are talking about :confused:

Guys. He is fronting. He is just layin low. He's got a lot of money riding on this ... whats the secret. We won't steal your bets...

CCW

Guys. He is fronting. He is just layin low. He's got a lot of money riding on this ... whats the secret. We won't steal your bets...

CCW

:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey DK,

Do you think that it's a good thing that Cornell hasn't gotten back to us for us long? I'm hoping that they like us and they're debating whether to accept us outright, or waitlist us...but regardless, they want us. I don't think that they're thinking about rejecting us, cuz the website says that rejections are sent out early in the month. Whaddya think?

Originally posted by finnpipette
Hey DK,

Do you think that it's a good thing that Cornell hasn't gotten back to us for us long? I'm hoping that they like us and they're debating whether to accept us outright, or waitlist us...but regardless, they want us. I don't think that they're thinking about rejecting us, cuz the website says that rejections are sent out early in the month. Whaddya think?

I don't know... where does it say that?? My understanding is all three outcomes are sent over the course of the month, and 50% are rejected.

I'd like to think that they are fighting over us but I doubt they spend THAT much time making decisions. I think they either haven't met yet or they have met and made decisions that are being finalized still and they just don't tell you over the phone. I'm guessing one more batch of emails will be sent out next week but I'm no longer holding my breath.

Well, it seems that Cornell has released another wave of decisions. My waitlist letter was postmarked 3/18.

Sorry to burden you with info you can't act on. Personally, I sort of preferred not knowing my fate to this empty waitlist feeling. I say, embrace your blissful ignorance. At least there's no evidence that any new acceptances have been offered, so you don't seem to have missed out on anything.

My bad DK. I must've been smoking crack, the website doesn't say anything about rejections in early march, but more along the lines of most acceptances are sent out in early march. :eek: anyhow, whatever. i'm going home. peace out.

dayum, too late to call and see if one is on the way to me.

now you do know that too many calls is a way to annoy someone and get a waitlist turned into a rejection right? i'm not saying that cornell does this, but in general, annoying the staff is a sure way to ruin your chances.

if you haven't gotten a flatout rejection yet, just chill.

Originally posted by edfig99
now you do know that too many calls is a way to annoy someone and get a waitlist turned into a rejection right? i'm not saying that cornell does this, but in general, annoying the staff is a sure way to ruin your chances.

I disagree. I think incessant phone calling confirms how interested you are in their institution. If anything, it would turn a waitlist into an acceptance.

CCW

i've only called cornell once in my lifetime. i'll only call again if i need to.

(hangs head in shame):scared:

I disagree. I think incessant phone calling confirms how interested you are in their institution. If anything, it would turn a waitlist into an acceptance.

CCW

back in the fall i called ucsd like at least 10 times about my app. i got in, so maybe you are right.

doctorkevin,
would you pick cornell over ucsf?

Originally posted by yayme
doctorkevin,
would you pick cornell over ucsf?

yayme in my notes cornell does beat ucsf. but that's because its been my dream to live in NYC ever since i was in high school. i live in downtown SF now, and went to school at berkeley. its time to move on for me.

its also based on the strong PBL emphasis and the experience i had when i interviewed there. and all the great perks like living on the upper east side for 350 a month.

yayme in my notes cornell does beat ucsf. but that's because its been my dream to live in NYC ever since i was in high school. i live in downtown SF now, and went to school at berkeley. its time to move on for me.

i see...i hope your dream comes true! and i am sure it will:)

Yea I hear ya. It's my dream to live in NYC since I was in...err...college. I live in LA Westwood now. its time to move on for me (but it doesn't seem like I'll have the chance). ;)

CCW

no it doesn't. the people you are reaching at the other end of the phone have nothing to do with you're getting in to the school. all they do is log your call. they can also see the records of your other calls. too many calls will just annoy someone and it just takes that one person to say you're being annoying to someone who CAN do something about you're getting into the school to block you're coming into the school. i know when i interview applicants i ask the staff if the applicant has been annoying...any response in the affirmative and that person is already losing points with me.

you want to confirm being interested, it's a one time call and a letter.

no it doesn't. the people you are reaching at the other end of the phone have nothing to do with you're getting in to the school. all they do is log your call. they can also see the records of your other calls. too many calls will just annoy someone and it just takes that one person to say you're being annoying to someone who CAN do something about you're getting into the school to block you're coming into the school. i know when i interview applicants i ask the staff if the applicant has been annoying...any response in the affirmative and that person is already losing points with me.

you want to confirm being interested, it's a one time call and a letter.

I know that this process is subjective and all, but isn't not accepting someone just b/c he/she is "annoying" a bit too subjective? I mean, I can see not accepting someone b/c of rude, arrogance behaviors, etc., but sometimes if you ask/talk too much, even in a polite way, can seem annoying to some people.

Originally posted by CalBeE
I know that this process is subjective and all, but isn't not accepting someone just b/c he/she is "annoying" a bit too subjective? I mean, I can see not accepting someone b/c of rude, arrogance behaviors, etc., but sometimes if you ask/talk too much, even in a polite way, can seem annoying to some people.

its either that or another subjective variable. no one "deserves" to be rejected post interview. well maybe 10-15 or so that were complete jerks.

Originally posted by CalBeE

it does seem like a big pill to swallow, but the process really is that subjective, and there's plenty of other people to replace the 'annoying' one. that's why you have to think about your actions cuz you never know who you're gonna interact with. in some ways it gets worse as you move up the training ladder, where even one wry comment can prevent you from being ranked highly.

and there are a couple of people i've met that i actually would've liked to reject DURING the interview, let alone post interview...but again, there's a certain....decorum I guess, to how this song and dance called "med school admissions" is carried out.

it does seem like a big pill to swallow, but the process really is that subjective, and there's plenty of other people to replace the 'annoying' one. that's why you have to think about your actions cuz you never know who you're gonna interact with. in some ways it gets worse as you move up the training ladder, where even one wry comment can prevent you from being ranked highly.

and there are a couple of people i've met that i actually would've liked to reject DURING the interview, let alone post interview...but again, there's a certain....decorum I guess, to how this song and dance called "med school admissions" is carried out.

AT least it's good to know that in case if I got a poor grade for a rotation and couldn't figure out why...

I too was waitlisted (received letter Friday)- anyone know about wlist movement at Cornell?

From the interview and the students, it seems that it does accept a fair share of the wlisted students.

Hey everyone - sorry for not writing earlier; I was away on spring break ( :clap: :clap: :clap: )

I got a waitlist letter from Cornell dated last Wednesday... guess that's that :). I think that i'll probably withdraw because I liked Pitt better anyway...

Good luck to everyone, and especially to you, DK!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Ditto what quideam said. I'll probably be declining the WL spot as well.

Good luck to those waiting!

Hey periodic, where do you think you'll be going next year?

quideam, your PM box is full...i don't want to hijack this thread off-topic :p

cornell is awesome, but in the end, not my bag of beans. hopefully the wait means good news for doctorkevin and the rest!

Cornell is a bag of gems. :clap: I'm guessing since you are guys are east coast though my letter was probably sent last week too.

no offense to cornell intended. i like beans.

Part of me now thinks they are done sending e-mails. Its already the 22nd of March. Anyone know for a fact that another batch are coming this week?

Periodic, I cleaned out my mailbox :)

West Coast News ->Bay Area. Just got my rejection letter from the Big Red. Re-read it 10 times to check for the word, waitlist, nope. G'luck to the rest of y'alls. The letter was dated March 16 and postmarked march 18. Go DK! I'm rooting for you! :horns: