Cornell University CVM c/o 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know what the average GRE scores for Cornell are? I can't find any statistics on their website?
The AAVMC site shows that for Cornell's class of 2021 the Quant score is 73% or approx 159 and the Verbal score is 84% or approx 159 for a total of 318.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who were accepted to Cornell, what do you think my chances are?

Here are my stats:
21 Year Old Female (Will be applying in upcoming cycle) NY resident

Major: Animal Science with minor in avian/poultry science
Cum. GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 4.0
Last 45: 4.0

Have not taken GRE yet

Veterinary Experience:
-250 hrs shadowing dairy vet
-100 hrs working with our farm vet
-50 hr shadowing students at UPenn

Animal Experience:
- 29,000+ working on dairy farms/showing cattle

Research Experience:
Around 100 hrs so far working on undergrad honors thesis, have presented at a few research symposiums

Extracurricular activities:
- Dairy Science Club
- Pre Vet Club
- Poultry Science Club
- Animal Reproduction Research Club
-Block and Bridle (secretary)
-Member of Livestock Judging Team

Totally agree with everything BigRedEquine said :D

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the financial aid letter! Thank god for scholarships :clap: but those loan amounts are scaring me, even as an IS student haha

Anyone heard anything about the waitlist yet?
Admitted applicants have until 5 pm to submit their decision, so there might not be much movement until tomorrow...

Looks like someone was admitted OOS off the waitlist according to the APVMA page

I was called earlier today! I declined the offer so someone else should be hearing soon :) keep an eye out for a 607 area code calling!

Reactions: 2 users
I was pulled off the OOS waitlist yesterday! They're giving me until Thursday morning. I may decline if CSU pulls me within that time. Good luck everyone!

I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been more waitlist movement yet... but maybe it's just the case that people aren't posting on student doctor network or the APVMA page about it

I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been more waitlist movement yet... but maybe it's just the case that people aren't posting on student doctor network or the APVMA page about it

I'm OOS, and got a call last Monday midmorning and declined Tuesday PM, they had a financial aid package ready for me quickly but it unfortunately didn't compare to Davis where I committed. Fingers crossed for you all waiting!

Yeah, it's hard to tell. And it's even harder for IS movement--I haven't heard anything. Trying to stay sane! :inpain:

Has anyone gotten their NetID yet? One of the emails said we should have gotten them by the end of April.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm planning on applying to Cornell this upcoming cycle. I just took the GRE today and got a 164 Verbal and 160 Quantitative. Do you think these are competitive scores for cornell?

Hey guys! I'm planning on applying to Cornell this upcoming cycle. I just took the GRE today and got a 164 Verbal and 160 Quantitative. Do you think these are competitive scores for cornell?
Very! A 163 on the verbal portion of the GRE is enough to satisfy their english requirement! (AP Credits)
I think these are competitive scores for both OOS and IS but it is more about percentiles than the actual score. For example, my year, my math score was 56th percentile (I believe) but the year before it was 50th percentile. So wait for those scores and then that will give you a better idea. You can post in the What are my Chances thread with your stats :)

Hi everyone! I am in the middle of buying boots and coveralls and I wanted to know your advice on this. Should I buy long sleeve or short sleeve? What boots do you recommend? Is there a coverall brand that's better? Thank you in advance!! :)

Hi everyone! I am in the middle of buying boots and coveralls and I wanted to know your advice on this. Should I buy long sleeve or short sleeve? What boots do you recommend? Is there a coverall brand that's better? Thank you in advance!! :)

Not a Cornell student, or even an applicant yet, but from an entire life around horses & recently around livestock - Carhartt winter lined bib overalls are the s**t. Super warm while I was running around the farm punching through water buckets, and with zip side legs! Machine washable! THE BEST! And for boots, I loved my Muck Boot Company boots, they've held up for literally 10 years. :) Good luck!

Not a Cornell student, or even an applicant yet, but from an entire life around horses & recently around livestock - Carhartt winter lined bib overalls are the s**t. Super warm while I was running around the farm punching through water buckets, and with zip side legs! Machine washable! THE BEST! And for boots, I loved my Muck Boot Company boots, they've held up for literally 10 years. :) Good luck!
Any specific height you recommend?

Any specific height you recommend?

I prefer the knee-high ones - i find it easier to stuff my pant legs in them, and they keep my calves warmer in winter. But plenty of my horse friends have the mid-calf ones and find them sufficient. All depends on how much you want to keep your lower legs protected from mud & other things!

Hi guys! I just got an offer at Cornell and accepted it! I'm moving all my stuff from UPenn and have about a week and a half to get settled in Ithaca. Does anyone have suggestions for last minute housing that's pet friendly? Where do most students typically live?

Hi guys! I just got an offer at Cornell and accepted it! I'm moving all my stuff from UPenn and have about a week and a half to get settled in Ithaca. Does anyone have suggestions for last minute housing that's pet friendly? Where do most students typically live?
Congrats! Maybe check the FB pages. Also check Cornell off campus housing FB page--people post there a lot. If none of those pan out, contact Kimball Real Estate. I rent from them, they're pet friendly (only cats in my apartment building, but other places they allow dogs as well) but I don't know if they have any openings at the moment.

Congrats cant wait to be classmates!! Are you in the Facebook group yet? There have been some recent posts in there by upperclassmen looking for roommates, I’m sure some of them are still looking! Or you can email the listserv for our class as well as upperclassmen asking if anyone knows of something available

Congrats cant wait to be classmates!! Are you in the Facebook group yet? There have been some recent posts in there by upperclassmen looking for roommates, I’m sure some of them are still looking! Or you can email the listserv for our class as well as upperclassmen asking if anyone knows of something available
I got into the FB group! Because orientation starts next week I had to find a place quickly. I ended up with a 3 bedroom apartment (only one I could find in a short amount of time)... but on the bright side, I can use it as a group study spot as it’s 4 min drive from campus.