You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
cornell?
Started by rabidd
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I recieved the same status page update without recieving an acceptance email. I'm guessing rejection--- if they haven't finished interviewing, how would they know who falls in the waitlist pool? It makes sense that there would be some clear acceptances and clear rejections without seeing everybody, but it seems odd that they'd be able to make the waitlist before finishing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know if cornell ranks their waitlist? and if they do, what chances accompany each tier?
so what do you guys think that those with the admission decision update without email might be a rejection or waitlist?
i looked through the thread from last year, and it seems that many of those who got the status change were waitlisted.
i looked through the thread from last year, and it seems that many of those who got the status change were waitlisted.
how about the people who interviewed way back when in the cycle but don't have the status change....dare i say it...rejected?
has anyone received anything from cornell yet regarding waitlists/rejections?
I didn't get ANYthing yet...but my email account has been acting up lately.
Am I the only person who doesn't know how to find my status page? Where is that?
Am I the only person who doesn't know how to find my status page? Where is that?
Hey all. I had the "decision mailed" status. I received my decision- a waitlist.
This is my eighth waitlist.
It seems like all of these schools are really concerned with yield...I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of movement right after certain schools hand out decisions.
Again, a little help finding the status page?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems like all of these schools are really concerned with yield...I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of movement right after certain schools hand out decisions.
Again, a little help finding the status page?
http://s005.med.cornell.edu/osafstatus/WebObjects/osafstatus
Here's hoping for good news from a certain very late school 😉
Hey all. I had the "decision mailed" status. I received my decision- a waitlist.
This is my eighth waitlist.
From last year's thread it does seem like there is some movement on the waitlist, so...

Would you mind saying whether this came by snail mail or email?
Best of luck to you.
From last year's thread it does seem like there is some movement on the waitlist, so...
Would you mind saying whether this came by snail mail or email?
Best of luck to you.
Thanks, pcben80! I received my letter via snail mail, postmarked 3/12/08, mailed from the 10310 zipcode. Good luck to you too!
Haha, I've pretty much given up on Cornell...there's still no change in my status.
http://s005.med.cornell.edu/osafstatus/WebObjects/osafstatus
Here's hoping for good news from a certain very late school 😉
Thanks! You too...
I got the same message as you. Still no mail though...
Odd. That's a Staten Island zip code SBBunny mentioned.
I live in Manhattan, saw the online status change, and just received my wait list notification today.
Odd. That's a Staten Island zip code SBBunny mentioned.
It's the zip code on the envelope, really!
1
1956Goldtop
what is this status change that everyone has been getting. Mine has been left the same way saying thanks for interviewing.
Odd. That's a Staten Island zip code SBBunny mentioned.
haha last year's thread mentions the Staten Island zip code on the waitlist letters too... it's really pretty weird
sorry to hear about all those waitlists. i wonder if those who haven't had a status change still have a chance. i'm counting down to 1pm EST today even though probably nothing will happen. good luck everyone 🙂 





well, i just got my Sinai waitlist, and still have no status change at cornell even though in interviewed in november, so it looks like i'm not getting any love and will not be in NYC next year. i know that i have acceptances and should be greatful (and i am), but this is really really hurting.
haha nothing happened.
Good luck Tropicana100!! And to everyone else still waiting!
![]()
thank you 🙂 maybe we'll hear next week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well, i just got my Sinai waitlist, and still have no status change at cornell even though in interviewed in november, so it looks like i'm not getting any love and will not be in NYC next year. i know that i have acceptances and should be greatful (and i am), but this is really really hurting.
🙁 Oh no! I'm so sorry... You really have done an AMAZING job so far and deserve to get into Cornell and Sinai. You have every right to be ridiculously proud of yourself, no matter what school is honored to have you in their class.
mine just changed to decision has been mailed too. looks like a waitlist/rejections.
Waitlist letter in Southern California. Dated March 11th, postmarked March 12....fast!
my status still hasn't changed (still says, "thank you for interviewing, etc")...probably a rejection.
on the upside, looks like there may be waitlist-hope for those who just received a status change today. good luck
when i called today to ask if my file was still under review, cathy said that all final decisions will be mailed out next week.
on the upside, looks like there may be waitlist-hope for those who just received a status change today. good luck

when i called today to ask if my file was still under review, cathy said that all final decisions will be mailed out next week.
Waitlist letter in Southern California. Dated March 11th, postmarked March 12....fast!
whaaaat? how did your letter get to CA before mine made it to Boston!
I feel a little NYC-Boston mail stoppage conspiracy going on here... possibly due to the onset of baseball season??? ugh ugh ugh. hopefully it comes tomorrow.
So how big is the Cornell waitlist since I am now care a little about it. They say it is unranked in the letter....but not much else.
My bad.
1
1956Goldtop
mine just changed to say that a decision has been mailed to me. Wow awesome to be rejected 🙁
For those of you who got the waitlist letter and filled it out - is the section that says "Please state reason(s) for choice" regarding both the decision to stay on the waitlist and the one to withdraw? It seems like maybe they'd ask you why you're withdrawing but obviously if you're staying on it's because you're still interested... I'm worried this space is for like a letter of interest condensed into 1-2 sentences or something, I don't really know what to put here.
For those of you who got the waitlist letter and filled it out - is the section that says "Please state reason(s) for choice" regarding both the decision to stay on the waitlist and the one to withdraw? It seems like maybe they'd ask you why you're withdrawing but obviously if you're staying on it's because you're still interested... I'm worried this space is for like a letter of interest condensed into 1-2 sentences or something, I don't really know what to put here.
I'm just writing a 1-2 sentence letter of interest. I'm guessing that they really only want people who are declining the waitlist to fill that section out... but I'd rather cover all my bases. Really, if they only left 1-2 sentences, they aren't expecting the most eloquent bit of prose ever. OH MAN I wish I had written a haiku in that space. Darn. Well, I think you should write a haiku in that wee space they've left.
1
1956Goldtop
How long do they give you to mail back the form? If I didn't get rejected (and got a waitlist instead) I won't be able to reply to it ASAP as I won't have access to mail for a week
How long do they give you to mail back the form? If I didn't get rejected (and got a waitlist instead) I won't be able to reply to it ASAP as I won't have access to mail for a week
It's due by April 15th. You've got time!
How long do they give you to mail back the form? If I didn't get rejected (and got a waitlist instead) I won't be able to reply to it ASAP as I won't have access to mail for a week
Don't worry, you have until April 15th.
*oops, sbbunny beat me to it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just writing a 1-2 sentence letter of interest. I'm guessing that they really only want people who are declining the waitlist to fill that section out... but I'd rather cover all my bases. Really, if they only left 1-2 sentences, they aren't expecting the most eloquent bit of prose ever. OH MAN I wish I had written a haiku in that space. Darn. Well, I think you should write a haiku in that wee space they've left.
Haha I'm bad at writing haikus... maybe I'll just fill all the necessary syllables with Cor-nell Cor-nell Cor-ell...
does anyone know how many people get waitlisted? I know they accept about 20-25 people off the waitlist, but how many get put on it in the first place? maybe the current med students can help?
my page says that a status decision has been mailed to me. is that a for sure rejection/waitlist, if i havent received an email yet?
I got my WL letter in the mail, postmarked 3/12. I absolutely loved Cornell, so I'm definitely staying on the WL, at least for the time being.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K