Cosmetic vs Derm pods?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GymMan

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which is more up and coming and potentially lucrative? I realize both have their merits and relative plus sides, but yet which has the more cache' appeal amongst people that have the expendable income to use on such elite services? I know Beverly Hills or NYC capture much of the mainstream market on the cosmetic end. But does dermatoligical and preventative care for lower leg ailments have as much as lure for podiatrists as does the mostly elective treaments for sheer vanity?

Members don't see this ad.

Which is more up and coming and potentially lucrative? I realize both have their merits and relative plus sides, but yet which has the more cache' appeal amongst people that have the expendable income to use on such elite services? I know Beverly Hills or NYC capture much of the mainstream market on the cosmetic end. But does dermatoligical and preventative care for lower leg ailments have as much as lure for podiatrists as does the mostly elective treaments for sheer vanity?

This has been previously discussed. IMO foot surgery should be last resort, after all other conservative measures have been taken. IMO foot surgery should only be used to alleviate pain, not so that some Beverly Hills bimbo can fit into that high heel shoe she always wanted. Many people that desire cosmetic foot surgery usually have high, unrealistic expectations. Sure, you will make 15K/foot, but that wont make up for your high malpractice insurance and the lawyers knocking at your door. Also, I have heard from numerous DPMs that the APMA highly frowns upon cosmetic foot surgery, although I don't know this as fact. I would stay away from it IMO.