This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobbobbob123321bobbobbob

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
MS1 AF HPSP, I recently had a pretty bad ankle injury (no fracture based on what orthopod told me, but its been 2 months and I can barely jog 100 feet). Trying to rehab it and in great physical shape otherwise, can do pushups/situps ad naseaum, doing cycling to keep up cardio. I'm worried about the consequences of reporting this, but then I dont want to go to COT and fail, I heard there is a waiver to exempt you from the running portion, but idk if that is possible before COT. I'm really conflicted about the best way to handle this, because I don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

Members don't see this ad.

MS1 AF HPSP, I recently had a pretty bad ankle injury (no fracture based on what orthopod told me, but its been 2 months and I can barely jog 100 feet). Trying to rehab it and in great physical shape otherwise, can do pushups/situps ad naseaum, doing cycling to keep up cardio. I'm worried about the consequences of reporting this, but then I dont want to go to COT and fail, I heard there is a waiver to exempt you from the running portion, but idk if that is possible before COT. I'm really conflicted about the best way to handle this, because I don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

If COT is anything like Navy ODS, then you not being able to fully PTdoesn't matter for anything in the long run (sorry for the bad pun). That's as it applies for med students; it's potentially differnent for those going straight from COT/ODS to active duty. Maybe a little short term shaming because of the "conincidence" from COT's perspective. Just bring all the documentation from your orthopedist.

COT, I assume like ODS, is really just a check in the box before going active duty for internship.

Reactions: 1 user
So you think if I reported it I would still be allowed to do COT (medical exemption from running involves a 2 mi walk which is totally doable), I'm just worried that I'll either have to postpone COT which will mess with my rotations later on, or that it will mar my record permanently by going to COT and being sent home. From what I know COT is similar to ODS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had shin splints when I was in OBC (Army) and got a profile. I didn't do the run and it was no big deal.