COT Pay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaximusD

Anatomically Incorrect
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So by using this, is it fair to say that I will be paid 3390.90 minus taxes for my month in COT this summer (should I be selected..) getting O3 pay in the USAF?

Money doesn't matter much, but I need to pay my ridiculous rent in Philly and this will keep me from attaining a summer job.

Also, the FAQ section states that I should buy boots/uniform stuff prior to going to Alabama... Would you guys agree? At what point can I do this and do you have any suggestions?

Kind of ahead of the game here, but that's me. Thanks for your help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You will be paid as an O-1 while in HPSP, including during COT (sorry not O-3). Even if you were a higher rank before joining HPSP, your rank will be changed to O-1 and you will be paid accordingly.

Ok so 2543.40 then?

Plenty for my purposes still I just wanted to check in. My recruiter said O-3, he must have misspoken.

By comparison, my summer jobs previously paid 1100 per month... I'm still happy.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
So by using this, is it fair to say that I will be paid 3390.90 minus taxes for my month in COT this summer (should I be selected..) getting O3 pay in the USAF?

Money doesn't matter much, but I need to pay my ridiculous rent in Philly and this will keep me from attaining a summer job.

Also, the FAQ section states that I should buy boots/uniform stuff prior to going to Alabama... Would you guys agree? At what point can I do this and do you have any suggestions?

Kind of ahead of the game here, but that's me. Thanks for your help in advance!

Yeah at min get yer boots! There will be a cluster of folks trying to get everything there and they will run out of stuff so you may not get what you want. I also advise you to get the "new" green boots not black leather, and new ABU's not BDU's. This way you'll save yerself money in the future. WWW.maacs.com for ABU's and Belleville boot for boots. Boots run large so order one size smaller than your shoe size. (ie. I wear 12 normally I have size 11 boots) I just went last summer so if you have any ?'s I'm happy to help out.