could you share your impressions of your interview at UCSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GB78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been to 3 interviews so far - NYU, Samuel Merritt and UCSF - and they all had different formats. I guess one of the most important differences was whether the interviewers were supposed to be familiar with our files (yes for both at NYU and 1 of the 2 at SMU - SMU does it intentionally and tells the candidates about it before the interviews). However, looking back on my interview at UCSF, I'm actually unable to say whether my interviewer read my file or not. She followed a certain list of questions, which she said they ask everyone, but even then a 30+ minute interview should have made it obvious, shouldn't it?.. :)

Could you share your impressions of the interview? Did you feel the interviewers knew about you from your essays, grades, etc. and were using that prespecified question list to learn more about you or did you feel that they only knew your name (as it was supposed to be in one of the interviews at SMU)?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I couldn't tell. I had very little feedback during my interview. They kind of just stared at me blankly (I guess they were trying to appear neutral). So maybe they don't know about you before the interview and they just make their notes because they didn't refer to anything from my application. Like you said, they went off a predetermined set of questions. Who knows...also I have no idea what the point of the essay was...

Did you get into UCSF?