Countdown to May 16th Release!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would call them and ask about my score but I think the phone call would go something like this:

AAMC: Hi this is So and So how can I help you

Fisko82: Umm yes, WHAT ARE YOU A**CLOWNS DOING OVER THERE?!? AM I INTERRUPTING AN INTENSE GAME OF CONNECT-FOUR GOING ON IN THE MANAGER'S OFFICE OR SOMETHING?!? ARE YOU STILL WORKING WITH GREEN SCREEN COMPUTERS?! WHAT IS THE DEAL!!? PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD, PUT YOUR CAESAR SALAD DOWN FOR ONE SECOND, TAKE A PAUSE ON THE OFFICE CONNECT-FOUR TOURNAMENT, AND HIT THE "RELEASE" BUTTON FOR THE MCAT SCORES. WHAT ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS TAKING.....

AAMC: Hangs up...

:laugh:

I'm going to go work out...I am getting stressed here.

It's an interesting situation.

1. We can mass pester them, flood them with calls, and they will be so overwhelmed that they hurry as fast as possible to release the scores.

2. However, this very overwhelming effect can actually slow down their work, if in fact they are actually busily working on getting the scores out.

Hey everyone :) I'm a new member and am also anxiously waiting for my April 16th scores!

im taking my mcat in july or august and ive been reading these posts and im sorry guys but im laffing my a$$ off at how crazy everyone is going. i really hope i dont get this neurotic when it's my turn to wait:laugh:

Your day will come too! I'm far from your typical "pre-med neurotic," but score release day was nervewracking..And the July/August score release will be even worse, since that's the end of the testing year (not to add pressure).

Good luck to the rest of the April MCATers! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
2. However, this very overwhelming effect can actually slow down their work, if in fact they are actually busily working on getting the scores out.
I doubt it's the same people who release the scores and who answer the calls.

And honestly, speaking from my own experience at work, if you are at the bottom of the food chain, you don't have any power of convincing your higher-ups to hurry up, do smth, etc, because they don't deal with the crap you do.

So I'm sitting here waiting for Office 2007 to download so I can start working on my o-chem lab reports....that way I'm busy with smth worthwhile, and yet still on my computer chained to SDN and THX.:laugh:

i can't even eat, i'm so nervous!!! 2.5 more hours...if i do poorly its to the library tonight to start studying again for the may 31st one. oh joy.

i don't think i've heard my heart beat so fast!!

well i just got back from my university commencement ceremony and it was amazing... air horns and clappers and so much screaming! the med students took the hippocratic oath and they got lots of cheers...

and of course, my mind went to mcat scores... AND THEY ARE STILL NOT UP!!! WTF??? THIS IS ANNOYING!

My mother just called from halfway across the world because she was worried that I still hadn't called her with my scores.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to do a fake post saying that the scores are up, but that would be too cruel. I think I am going to go mow the yard to pass the time.

All this talk about calling!! Someone post the phone number. Lets all ask for Peter and then they'll be like wtf? Or tell them just to tell Peter to please release the scores. We demand to talk to Peter!!:idea: :idea:

diverdoc, not to change the horrid topic, but are there any particular D.O schools you are interested in? I'm thinking of going that route myself.

AAMC obviously thinks its hilarious to make us wait until the end of the day. I'm about to go crazy here! Release them already!!!

AAMC obviously thinks its hilarious to make us wait until the end of the day. I'm about to go crazy here! Release them already!!!

Oh they're definitely reading this and watching, but I doubt they're laughing. They're making sure everything is in order for something as mission-critical as score release before they do it (no inside knowledge, just common sense).

Good luck all on receiving your scores.. I remember cutting off the mailman at the beginning of my development when we made the turn in to get my mail earlier (we got our scores by mail way back when).

diverdoc, not to change the horrid topic, but are there any particular D.O schools you are interested in? I'm thinking of going that route myself.

LOL anyone that accepts me. I live in Kansas so my #1 choice is KCUMB, but I will apply broadly regardless of scores to keep my options open.

Damn, I'm so nervous. I don't think I can last 2 more hours. I've been up since 5:00 AM. Please just give me my score so I can be disappointed.

I'm so happy I'm on the West Coast and don't have to wait until 5 pm my time, thus wasting my entire day fretting. I mean, I have wasted at least half of my day, so far.

Not sure if someone mentioned this already, but the AAMC website says on the main MCAT page:

"The MCAT Program plans to make MCAT scores from the April 12, 2007 administration available by 5:00pm (ET), May 16, 2007. This message will be updated once the scores have been posted to THx and the Advisor Information System"

What about the April 16th test date scores?!? They better be up by 5 as well!

I would sure hope so since I took the April 16th exam. Okay, so the longer I wait, the more I feel did bad on the exam. I'm at a 24M now. :scared:

See above -- someone actually called them to check. April 16th scores are coming out today, too.

I'll believe it when I see it. No point in getting excited over nothing. I doubt they will have the 16th test scores out today as well. It would be like having the April 12th scores released at the same time the April 9th scores were released. More than likely, the 16th scores will be released around the 20th. Monday at the latest.

~Mat

Cmon, have I got any takers for betting on 1/4PM
1/4 pm
coming up soon, who is betting?

the over/under is 4:45 EST. Personally, I'm taking the over.

You know what would be a devastating message to see?

"The AAMC is sorry for the inconvenience, but the release of the scores for the April 12th and April 16th MCAT administrations will be delayed until April 19th, 2007, thank you"

You know what would be a devastating message to see?

"The AAMC is sorry for the inconvenience, but the release of the scores for the April 12th and April 16th MCAT administrations will be delayed until April 19th, 2007, thank you"

the thought alone might make me punch a wall or something

They will probably release it right at 5:00 EST. 55 mins to go people. Ah who cares! I know I screwed up anyways. Ok AAMC. Give me the bad news. I can take it...GULP!:scared:

I just Downloaded the 3rd season of Bleach. Im going to watch it and before I know it it will be 5pm. He he. Its 2:08 central time!! :laugh::idea::scared::oops::scared:

I just wanna say I love you guys so much. I never thought I'd find so many people this whacked in the head like me :) My heart is beating so fast!

So....any one know what a good food is to calm down your stomach?

c'mon premeds!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want my score. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want my score. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want my score. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want my score. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want my score. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want my score. i was my score omg omg omg omg omg omg give it to me AAMCCCCCCC

I'm gonna go with no food is the best choice. Right now your sympathetic nervous system is doing its whole fight or flight thing...you will not digest anything, you'll probably just have to poo...

I just wanna say I love you guys so much. I never thought I'd find so many people this whacked in the head like me :) My heart is beating so fast!

We are in good company here.

So are we all going to post our scores once we find them out? Or are some going to abstain?