Countdown to Yale 2005!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
VeggieGal said:
thanks mateo, but did you really like yale that much that you would be worried enough to call? i mean you already have tons of acceptances. i would be living it up if i were you, rather than calling admissions offices. but, again, we all do appreciate the info.

I really loved the Yale System, but I wasn't too much of a fan of New Haven. If I'm lucky enough to get in, I'll definitely consider the school in making my decision.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got waitlisted.

Standard sized envelope, postmarked 03/22/05

I live only about 30 miles from Yale

Here's an interesting development...or at least I think it may be:

The Yale status page (link to it on page 5) was working about an hour ago and now it does not display anything. This kind of loss is common when IT updates a webpage...right?

Maybe theres some updation going on right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm...my status page is still up like it was an hour ago..maybe they are only updating the ones that were admitted or waitlested. :(

mine works fine, too.

ugh, can this please be over soon?! I think I am going to be sick.

My status page also works and it looks the same - and I don't know exactly where on the status page they would show you that you're accepted/waitlisted/rejected. We've been waiting for months - we can do this! Good luck to everyone! :luck: :luck:

chlorineK said:
mine works fine, too.

ugh, can this please be over soon?! I think I am going to be sick.

Yeah, mine works too. This is torture.

Well, it seems as if the check's in the mail (so to speak!).

We'll know soooooonnnnn....

my status page is the same. by the way, if they managed to get the letters out on time, why can't they send a mass email out? its not like its difficult or anything.

Originally Posted by Mateodaspy
e-mails *might* start being sent out on Wednesday, and then continuing on Thursday and Friday.
if this is true, that is some serious amateur-league bullsh*t on yale's part. just send the damn things, they're not personalized! :rolleyes:

Mateodaspy said:
the recorded phone message on the admissions answering service states that admissions decisions will be posted on the status pages?? Status Page
I just called and they said that admissions decisions would not be posted on our status page. Letters (and I guess emails) only... More waiting....

We're a disheartened bunch eh?

Personally, I'm confused as to where things stand... especially about these email notices. A few days ago there were posts saying that the 23rd is the actual day for emails. Whats up on that front? Does anyone know if the email notification is still going to happen.

--Does anyone have any guess on whats coming up? --

Cosmodion said:
We're a disheartened bunch eh?

Personally, I'm confused as to where things stand... especially about these email notices. A few days ago there were posts saying that the 23rd is the actual day for emails. Whats up on that front? Does anyone know if the email notification is still going to happen.

--Does anyone have any guess on whats coming up? --

Not to intentionally add to the stress, but: http://www.yaledailynews.com/article.asp?AID=28790

Mateodaspy said:
I really loved the Yale System, but I wasn't too much of a fan of New Haven. If I'm lucky enough to get in, I'll definitely consider the school in making my decision.

Would you really call it luck, dear Mattie! I wouldn't. It's quite clear that you're a stud of an applicant. You have snatched every single important acceptance. It's no accident. This attempt at humility is a little insincere, and quite beneath you. You are likely to get into Yale, as you've done with all the other schools. You already have the schools of interest and will likely get scholarships (I understand Penn will send out full rides in the next week or so). At this point, dear friend, wouldn't you agree that you're only seeking to be unanimously validated by all worthy schools as a sort of icing on the cake. In truth, it will have no material influence on your, I'm sure, successful performance from here onward. I understand the ego in seeking further validation, and I am, herewith, registering my observation of it in your enthusiasm for Yale.

But you know I love you. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
The wait is over!

Richard Silverman has sent you an e-mail. :)

Congrats to all of those accepted! :D

I didnt receive an email.

Did only the acceptances get emails?

rjphila said:
The wait is over!

Richard Silverman has sent you an e-mail. :)

Congrats to all of those accepted! :D

Congratulations! I have not received said email, so I am assuming waitlist/rejection at this point - but congrats to everyone else!

Yay! I was accepted.

I called the admissions office this morning and was told by a staff member that she was "unaware" of any emails being sent out at all.

In any case letters have been sent out, and its only a matter of time until that thin little envelope ruins yet another one of my days :thumbdown:

BTW - I read somewhere that they get sent to your permanent address. True?

Cosmodion said:
What was in the email man?

Congratulations! You have been accepted by the Yale University School
of Medicine. Your official acceptance letter was mailed late on Tuesday
morning. I am sending this e-mail to make sure you receive this
wonderful news right away.

Also, I want to alert you to the fact that our annual Second Look
Weekend for accepted applicants will take place on April 21-22.
Activities on Thursday, April 21 begin in the afternoon and include a
multi-media "student showcase" in Harkness Auditorium, group dinners in
some of New Haven's celebrated restaurants, and a very special "Club
Pre-Med" party in Marigolds. On Friday, April 22, breakfast with Dean
Robert Alpern opens a terrific, all-day program that includes tours,
seminars, faculty discussions, and a reception with the Admissions
Committee.

We hope you will be able to attend Second Look Weekend, where you will
have a chance to learn more about the School, mingle with students and
faculty, and meet many of your future classmates. Additional details
will be sent shortly.

Congratulations again on your acceptance. Please let us know if we can
be of assistance in any way.

Sincerely,

Richard Silverman

Congrats guys....I guess its a blessing in disguise I didnt get in...I really did like UpEnn and Columbia alot more than Yale...

I just dont think I fit into the whole New England theme there......

I got one too. Quite a nice surprise since I didn't think that my interviews went well compared to those at places where i got waitlisted...

sven said:
I got one too. Quite a nice surprise since I didn't think that my interviews went well compared to those at places where i got waitlisted...

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted. My interest in Yale is a littled piqued with an acceptance from them. I'd love to go to the 2nd look and check it out again.

I just recieved the acceptance email. Congrats guys, and I hope to see all of you at second look weekend.

GuyLaroche said:
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted. My interest in Yale is a littled piqued with an acceptance from them. I'd love to go to the 2nd look and check it out again.

I'm definitely going to check it out. My opinions of New Haven were colored by a certain undergraduate rivalry, but I grow more open minded in my old age...

Congrats to those accepted

Is all hope lost? I mean, was that email sent to 172 applicants? Thoughts?

chlorineK said:
Is all hope lost? I mean, was that email sent to 172 applicants? Thoughts?

I just got an ecstatic call from my friend who was accepted to Yale. It's not really too hard to send an email to 172 different people. If you didn't get one by this point, I would say your options are either waitlist or rejection. I'm in the same boat, my friend. Same boat. Again, just speculation, but even if the email's are separated in batches of 30, I would imagine all have been sent.

Maybe the waitlist emails go out later today? I don't want to have to stalk the mailperson...again.

Oh, and to those accepted: New Haven is great! Give it a chance and I promise it'll grow on you. There has been a LOT of development recently, and it really is up and coming!

ajt2003 said:
Congratulations! I have not received said email, so I am assuming waitlist/rejection at this point - but congrats to everyone else!

Thanks ajt2003 --- are you leaning Penn at this point? I'm trying to make up my mind and was curious about what others are thinking.

Accepted. But I'll be withdrawing next week. Good luck to all those on the waitlist!!

Please withdraw. Immediately. Thank you. Sorry for the selfishness. I'm happy for you. Really.

Oh, all acceptance emails have been made. Again sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm having trouble seeing.

Wiggy73 said:
Please withdraw. Immediately. Thank you. Sorry for the selfishness. I'm happy for you. Really.

Oh, all acceptance emails have been made. Again sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm having trouble seeing.

Congrats to all of you guys! Here's hoping that the thin envelope I receive has a glimmer of hope in the form of the wait list!

Congratulations to all of you!

The rest of us are praying for movement on the waitlist.

DCM said:
Congratulations to all of you!

The rest of us are praying for movement on the waitlist.

have waitlist emails gone out?

msafain said:
I just recieved the acceptance email. Congrats guys, and I hope to see all of you at second look weekend.

I just got mine as well...CONGRATS everyone, i look forward to meeting everyone at second look.... :D

Mateodaspy said:
Accepted. But I'll be withdrawing next week. Good luck to all those on the waitlist!!

Matt, you should come to the 2nd look at least. I'm going, and I'd like you to be there.

whitecoat09 said:
have waitlist emails gone out?

Not e-mails, snail mail. Got my thin envelope today for waitlist- but then again, I live relatively close to New Haven.

GuyLaroche said:
Matt, you should come to the 2nd look at least. I'm going, and I'd like you to be there.

it's the same weekend as harvard's!

Mateodaspy said:
it's the same weekend as harvard's!

Yale's is the weekend before Harvard's.
Harvard's is the 28th-30th.

I got the wl letter today in boston. no tier/ rank specified.

Congrats to all you lucky accepted ones, and from the bottom of my heart, if you don't want to go to Yale, tell them as soon as you know... please!! Lots of love and thanks :)

leaft said:
Yale's is the weekend before Harvard's.
Harvard's is the 28th-30th.

Matt, I think Penn and Harvard's are on the same date...

In other news, received my post-interview rejection today in NYC.

And if you're wondering if it stings to get rejected from your Alma Mater, the answer is YES.

Ouch.

wait-listed, no rank. No e-mail so far, but got a letter (and i'm pretty far from new haven).....

sheesh, more waiting :cool:
good-luck everyone

ajt- You would think that they would not reject a Yalie! I mean, don't they want your donations?! I got wl at my alma (columbia) and even that made me bitter! Well, you are off the penn (right?!) anyway, which is a superb school!

Sigh. Nothing. :( I hope you all enjoy yourselves in New Haven.

I called to find out where I was on the wait list; they said that once they establish who is on the list and get a better idea of how many accepted want to come they will put together a ranking of applicants. Most likely in May.

WL too. Received a letter in CA w/o email. Were there rejection letters as well? Any top priority WLs?

More waiting.

Silent Dogood said:
WL too. Received a letter in CA w/o email. Were there rejection letters as well? Any top priority WLs?

More waiting.

Yes, from personal experience I can tell you that there were post-interview rejection letters (no email). :( Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those on the waitlist, though!

laelia--can you tell us about how many people they waitlist. it seems as though everyone got a waitlist letter.

chlorineK said:
ajt- You would think that they would not reject a Yalie! I mean, don't they want your donations?! I got wl at my alma (columbia) and even that made me bitter! Well, you are off the penn (right?!) anyway, which is a superb school!

Yeah, I know. Yale gets no money from me anymore!

Just kidding! I'm not too bitter. Cough.

Seriously though, JUST TO CLEAR UP ANY RUMORS: yes, there are post-interview rejections. At least one: moi. I would hope more - just so my ego can be a little less bruised. And I know everyone qualifies rejections, but I have to go on record saying that I'm not surprised. My interview experience was not so much good as absolutely horrible, and with one interviewer in particular I felt doomed from the start. I don't know what I did to make her so mad at me! Must have been my tie. Or maybe my hair.

Anyways...and much more importantly...to those on the waitlist, hang tight and best of luck!

And to those already accepted, please love Yale as much as I do! It's a wonderful institution chock full of amazingly talented and interesting people!!