Countdown to Yale 2005!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ajt2003 said:
Yeah, I know. Yale gets no money from me anymore!

Just kidding! I'm not too bitter. Cough.

Seriously though, JUST TO CLEAR UP ANY RUMORS: yes, there are post-interview rejections. At least one: moi. I would hope more - just so my ego can be a little less bruised. And I know everyone qualifies rejections, but I have to go on record saying that I'm not surprised. My interview experience was not so much good as absolutely horrible, and with one interviewer in particular I felt doomed from the start. I don't know what I did to make her so mad at me! Must have been my tie. Or maybe my hair.

Anyways...and much more importantly...to those on the waitlist, hang tight and best of luck!

And to those already accepted, please love Yale as much as I do! It's a wonderful institution chock full of amazingly talented and interesting people!!

i haven't heard yet, but i'm expecting a rejection too because i also had the two absolute worst interviews of my entire medical school application process. i felt the intreviewers were extremely hostile and had preconceived notions about me from the get-go. and it didn't feel so much like "stress inteviewing", just angry and dismissive interviewing. they didn't even ask hard questions.

...which makes me sad because i LOVED yale the best of anywhere and i can't imagine a better way to learn than the yale system. even desite the inappropriate and mean interviewers, i would have gone there in a second.

Members don't see this ad.

ajt2003 said:
Must have been my tie.

This made me check your profile.

Somehow I always thought you were a girl. I hate it when guys have avatars of girls or vice versa...it makes it too damn confusing! :p

javert said:

Somehow I always thought you were a girl. I hate it when guys have avatars of girls or vice versa...it makes it too damn confusing! :p

:laugh: There was also quite a bit of gender confusion rampant on the "self-absorbed models gone premed" thread a few days ago! Possibly the closest I've seen SDN get to a Shakespearean comedy of sorts...

Members don't see this ad :)
javert said:

Haha...sorry! And I tend to be a bit more emotive than most guys (not to stereotype or anything), so that doesn't help either. Oh, and I'm gay, which also just adds to the ambiguity.

I'm an enigma!

ajt2003 said:
Haha...sorry! And I tend to be a bit more emotive than most guys (not to stereotype or anything), so that doesn't help either. Oh, and I'm gay, which also just adds to the ambiguity.

I'm an enigma!

You certainly are!

Just got a call my from my dad...I'm on the waitlist--no indication of tier on the letter.

Congrats to everyone who got the good news yesterday and good luck to those waiting to hear.... :) :luck: