Courseload/opinions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

conker812

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good evening,

I'm a non-traditional transfer student who f'd up my first two years. During this time I was taking light course loads ~9 hr and I had to retake orgo 1, trig, and psych because I earned a D, D and F, respectively. However, I earned As in my 2nd attempt and have since maintained a 3.9 GPA. I only took 1 class this spring because I was studying for the MCAT and I understand this may give off the impression that I cannot handle the challenge of medical school. I plan on taking a 14 hr course load this fall (my last semester) with some difficult classes to make up for this light semester. I'm confident I will do well in these courses but worried that it may be too late for me to redeem myself. I'm taking the MCAT in August and assuming I do well, what would your opinions be on my academic potential of getting into a school?

Also, in the end, it will have taken me 6 years to graduate. During this time I've been working and figuring out what career I wanted to pursue. I only decided on medicine after transferring to University and I've been playing catch up ever since.

Thanks

Edit - I plan on graduating with an AACOMAS cGPA of 3.5 sGPA should be slightly higher.
Shadowing - +100 hr internist 20 hr dermatologist
Clinical volunteering - +100 hr
Non clinical - +100 hr
Research - none
And I'm going to work as an EMT after I graduate

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: