COVID and shadowing

cunnle01

Jun 10, 2020
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hello all! I decided to graduate a year early, so I will be applying for the 2021 cycle. Since I made that decision, I had all my shadowing hours arranged for this summer, but COVID had other plans. I only have 6 hours of shadowing, however, I have worked as an optician and a receptionist at an optical for three summers. I am planning to take my OAT in July. Another area of concern is that I have a 3.98 in my current college GPA, but when I factor in all the college credits I took in high school my GPA drops to a 3.7. Will either of these hurt my chances? and do they look at highschool grades the same way they look at college grades? I just want to be realistic about my chances before applying.

tastyshuffles

2+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2018
I honestly think you're fine with your gpa. My gpa when I applied was 3.48 both cumulative and for science. And since you worked as an optician and an optical receptionist for three summers I think you're golden with experience. I only had 64 hours of shadowing between two different practices and that's it. Just do well on your OAT and you should be fine.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.