CPJE and Moving to California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The_Rebirth

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Regardless of the exam I am moving to California in September from Ohio. I'm just now looking at the application process and reading the pass rates more in depth and this exam looks absolutely hopeless.

I'm currently a working retail pharmacist and don't have much time to study on top of the fact that it's always been really difficult for me to focus when studying. I'm really hoping some of you who have passed and what not have some condensed things to focus on in terms of studying. As a retail pharmacist I'm not gonna lie, I have forgot a lot of things. I bought a book off ebay for studyiong and it is literally anything and everything from brand name to dosings. I feel like it has a lot fo info I should have to focus on for the CPJE?

What do you believe would be the most effective study guides for someone with not much time as is? I'm thinking of biting the bullet and just buying the RXprep CPJE for 6 months/$185 but that only has law (which I haven't even touched yet because I'm nervous about all the clinical info everyone has mentioned is on it)

I'm literally at starbucks and on the verge of crying lmaoo I would have never imagined I'd be taking a harder and more like a bully exam after I passed the NAPLEX a few years ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Bump, wondering the same
Seems like the payment is good. I've been looking for pharmacist positions in Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Mountain View, San Jose and the payment seems to be +$100k annually. But I'm still looking for a pharmacy internship. A pharmacist that works in a hospital told me the career is really good around here.

By the way, anyone has tips on how to get an pharmacy internship around here? I'm a foreign pharmacist and I cannot get a pharmacist license without going through 1500 hours of Pharmacy internship. I already have my intern pharmacist license, but it's really difficult to get an internship since I'm not anymore enrolled in Pharmacy school. On top of that, I was offered a Pharmacy technician position at a retail but the Board of Pharmacy in California informed me that working as a Pharmacy technician does not qualify for Pharmacy internship hours.

Seems like the payment is good. I've been looking for pharmacist positions in Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Mountain View, San Jose and the payment seems to be +$100k annually. But I'm still looking for a pharmacy internship. A pharmacist that works in a hospital told me the career is really good around here.

Is wag the only big employer in the Bay Area?

Is wag the only big employer in the Bay Area?
What is wag?
I believe the big ones are CVS, Walgreens and pharmacies inside supermarkets. But I moved here only a couple months ago and I am not even American. I moved to the US 4 months ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is wag?
I believe the big ones are CVS, Walgreens and pharmacies inside supermarkets. But I moved here only a couple months ago and I am not even American. I moved to the US 4 months ago.
I guess wag he/she meant Walgreens. Btw, any one knows about Safeway? I heard great things about the Safeway in Bay Area. Safeway is 40hr guaranteed and higher hourly salary, can anyone help to confirm that?

I guess wag he/she meant Walgreens. Btw, any one knows about Safeway? I heard great things about the Safeway in Bay Area. Safeway is 40hr guaranteed and higher hourly salary, can anyone help to confirm that?

Safeway pay more than cvs?!

By the way, anyone has tips on how to get an pharmacy internship around here? I'm a foreign pharmacist and I cannot get a pharmacist license without going through 1500 hours of Pharmacy internship. I already have my intern pharmacist license, but it's really difficult to get an internship since I'm not anymore enrolled in Pharmacy school. On top of that, I was offered a Pharmacy technician position at a retail but the Board of Pharmacy in California informed me that working as a Pharmacy technician does not qualify for Pharmacy internship hours.

You have to approach individual hospitals and sites to set this up usually. I worked with a pharmacist in SD that moved to the US from Turkey and was able to set it up.

Those who got affected by the cheating scandals…………how are you planning to study? Use your old study materials? Do you think exam would be harder?

Those who got affected by the cheating scandals…………how are you planning to study? Use your old study materials? Do you think exam would be harder?
Yes, the exam will be harder. People from the inside said the BOP will make it way harder. Good luck. May the odds be in your favor.