CPJE Exam Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RXJax

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ,

I am so stress about the my CPJE. I am planning to take exam on 09/29. does any one know how many weeks pattern.

I been looking everywhere, and i can't fine correct answer. is it 5 weeks pattern or 6 weeks pattern.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone who passed, I really hope I pass next month myself.

Do you all who passed have any tips on what areas to focus on the most for the rest of us? I'm about to give up on IV diluents and compatibility and HIV (I only know 7 out of 11 of combo meds)

Anyone not receive their CPJE results yet? Took mine on 10/26 and haven't received anything, and I feel like everyone has already received theirs :(

Anyone not receive their CPJE results yet? Took mine on 10/26 and haven't received anything, and I feel like everyone has already received theirs :(
Took mine 10/28 and no results yet for me either...but I also live out of state. Checked my informed delivery this morning and nothing from the board today.

Members don't see this ad :)

Do you all who passed have any tips on what areas to focus on the most for the rest of us? I'm about to give up on IV diluents and compatibility and HIV (I only know 7 out of 11 of combo meds)

Here are my recommendations:
- Do not forget to study the law portion since these are the "easier" questions.
- Know controlled drug schedules (and their brand/generics)
- What are the different responsibilities of clerks, techs, interns, and pharmacists? (ie who can offer to counsel? reconstitute meds?)
- Regulations with controlled substances via verbal, fax, and electronic methods
- What vaccinations can pharmacists give and to whom?
- CE requirements (smoking cessation, birth controls, ie...)
- Record keeping dates
- Know brand/generics! At the bare minimum I made sure to memorize HIV, HTN (single + combinations), DM, asthma/COPD inhalers, osteoporosis, erectile dysfunction, DL and BPH/overactive bladder/generics.
- For ID: Know the different drug classes, requires renal dose adjustments, common indications/treatments/substitution given allergy (ie how to treat uncomplicated UTI if patient has sulfa allergy?), which ones cover MRSA or pseudomonas?
- Drug monitoring requirements --> I didn't focus too much on this since its too broad. Instead, I relied on rotation and work experiences to pull me through.

These were the topics I made sure I knew going in to the exam. I only used RxPrep online (CPJE/Clinical) courses and quizlets for my preparations. The online videos and tests kept me engaged and focused, especially with the bland law portions. For those interested, I am selling both of the courses for total of $225 (active until 2/17/18) and 2017 law book for $40 (no markings + shipping included). Good luck to those that are taking the exam.

Reactions: 4 users

Hi Marmah,

When are you taking the exam in December 2017? good luck. Thank you everyone for the pics.

Here are my recommendations:
- Do not forget to study the law portion since these are the "easier" questions.
- Know controlled drug schedules (and their brand/generics)
- What are the different responsibilities of clerks, techs, interns, and pharmacists? (ie who can offer to counsel? reconstitute meds?)
- Regulations with controlled substances via verbal, fax, and electronic methods
- What vaccinations can pharmacists give and to whom?
- CE requirements (smoking cessation, birth controls, ie...)
- Record keeping dates
- Know brand/generics! At the bare minimum I made sure to memorize HIV, HTN (single + combinations), DM, asthma/COPD inhalers, osteoporosis, erectile dysfunction, DL and BPH/overactive bladder/generics.
- For ID: Know the different drug classes, requires renal dose adjustments, common indications/treatments/substitution given allergy (ie how to treat uncomplicated UTI if patient has sulfa allergy?), which ones cover MRSA or pseudomonas?
- Drug monitoring requirements --> I didn't focus too much on this since its too broad. Instead, I relied on rotation and work experiences to pull me through.

These were the topics I made sure I knew going in to the exam. I only used RxPrep online (CPJE/Clinical) courses and quizlets for my preparations. The online videos and tests kept me engaged and focused, especially with the bland law portions. For those interested, I am selling both of the courses for total of $225 (active until 2/17/18) and 2017 law book for $40 (no markings + shipping included). Good luck to those that are taking the exam.

I'm glad you are sharing, but I took my test recently and mine was VERY different than yours. It was also very different than the first time I took it. There were no repeated questions.

I'm glad you are sharing, but I took my test recently and mine was VERY different than yours. It was also very different than the first time I took it. There were no repeated questions.

Just to clarify, I did not mean to imply these were the topics/questions that appeared on my exam. As I stated these were the things I focused on for my exam that helped me passed.

I m still waiting for them to cash my check since 11/15!!! Did I have to mail back my intern license at the same time or they will cancel it anyways ?!
I sent mine in on the 14th. I didn't send in my intern license either (forgot/left it overseas), but I assume it didn't matter since it is going to be cancelled. I guess you never know with the CA BOP... :whistle:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get their checks cashed yet?
On 11/10, the Board stated that they were currently processing applications received on 10/5 and that the current processing time for pharmacist applications was 45 days to from the date received. I'm assuming it's pretty much the same or maybe even longer given Thanksgiving holiday :S

Cashed my check yesterday. License not posted yet.
License posted today.

My Personal CPJE Timeline:
May - Graduated, sent request for intern hours documents from school
June - Documents received late June, sent in request to take exams
Sept - Approved, teetering on the 60 day wait limit
Oct - Took exams early Oct (CPJE first, NAPLEX 1 week later)
Nov - Got results ~6 weeks later for CPJE, 1.5 weeks for NAPLEX
Dec 1 - Finally freakin' licensed.

Needed to mini-vent as I think I got the short end of the stick in regards to the wait times on all accounts, but we survived!

Reactions: 1 user
My CPJE timeline:
2010: 1st try, failed
2011: 2nd try, failed
2017: 3rd try on 9/25/17, got results 7 weeks later and PASSED! 12/1/17 licensed (FINALLY!)

Reactions: 3 users
License posted today.

My Personal CPJE Timeline:
May - Graduated, sent request for intern hours documents from school
June - Documents received late June, sent in request to take exams
Sept - Approved, teetering on the 60 day wait limit
Oct - Took exams early Oct (CPJE first, NAPLEX 1 week later)
Nov - Got results ~6 weeks later for CPJE, 1.5 weeks for NAPLEX
Dec 1 - Finally freakin' licensed.

Needed to mini-vent as I think I got the short end of the stick in regards to the wait times on all accounts, but we survived!
Congrats, when was ur check received and cashed ? Mine was received on the 20th and cashed last Wednesday and still not posted yet

Congrats. What did you differently the 3rd time?
Honestly I think I passed since I could draw on a lot of practical experience from work. I struggled on the inpatient stuff, though, since I work in amb care. I also think that the first two times I just read the actual CA laws and didn't buy Weissman or use the CVS CPJE prep that I bummed off someone this time around. If I had to do it again though I'd definitely use RxPrep and pay more attention to the self-assessment forms on the BOP website as well as the protocols for birth control, etc.

Congrats, when was ur check received and cashed ? Mine was received on the 20th and cashed last Wednesday and still not posted yet
Not sure when it was received, but it was cashed on Thursday. My friend's check was cashed Wednesday as well, and her license hasn't posted either.

Honestly I think I passed since I could draw on a lot of practical experience from work. I struggled on the inpatient stuff, though, since I work in amb care. I also think that the first two times I just read the actual CA laws and didn't buy Weissman or use the CVS CPJE prep that I bummed off someone this time around. If I had to do it again though I'd definitely use RxPrep and pay more attention to the self-assessment forms on the BOP website as well as the protocols for birth control, etc.
Thanks for your experience. How did you find the clinical questions on your exam to be? Were they more retail oriented, community, and or hospital oriented. ?

Thanks for your experience. How did you find the clinical questions on your exam to be? Were they more retail oriented, community, and or hospital oriented. ?
I think there was a little bit of everything, but definitely a lot of inpatient. Inpatient questions had to do with IV dosing (question would give you a scenario of what the technician prepared in the IV room and you need to verify that the final product (strength, quantity, etc) is correct) as well as sterile compounding (I had lots of questions on this). Community questions had to do more with OTCs as well as law questions. I found amb care experience to be helpful since I did have quite a few questions where you needed to go off of guidelines (hypertension, diabetes) as if you were a pharmacist working off of a collaborative practice agreement. There were also many questions on therapeutic interchange. I had questions on mechanism of action, but those were pretty easy. Oh, and also a few on managed care and formularies, etc. Those weren't anything too bad, though.

My CPJE timeline:
2010: 1st try, failed
2011: 2nd try, failed
2017: 3rd try on 9/25/17, got results 7 weeks later and PASSED! 12/1/17 licensed (FINALLY!)
Congrats :) this shows everyone to NEVER give up no matter what you go through or how long it takes! This shows your hard work and dedication. You deserve it and congrats again