Cpje regrade, worth it or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ILtoCA

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, I got my score from April 2016 and failed with a composite score of 67. The weird part is I scored average on all 3 areas...makes no sense! So I pretty much have to ace an area to pass? I saw that there's an option for a regrade, has anyone done this and had an actual change in their score?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a friend who did the regrade and it still came out to be the same score. I thought about doing it myself but it didn't seem worth the time and effort. I'm hoping more people answer because I want to know too if they had their score raised.

Reactions: 1 user
I called BOP and they said they have 0 change in score since the day they started doing regrades. The process is computerized so of course the computer isn't gonna change its mind. They don't offer manual regrades. They take the raw score from the computer and scale it, and there you get your composite score.

I also looked deeper about this scaled scoring...bottom line the harder the test the more lenient the scoring is. For example, if you had a harder exam and missed more questions the passing score based on the scale might even go down to only 50% correct answers. So probably better to get a harder exam than an easier one. Maybe that's why I still failed even with average scores in all areas.

I called BOP and they said they have 0 change in score since the day they started doing regrades. The process is computerized so of course the computer isn't gonna change its mind. They don't offer manual regrades. They take the raw score from the computer and scale it, and there you get your composite score.

I also looked deeper about this scaled scoring...bottom line the harder the test the more lenient the scoring is. For example, if you had a harder exam and missed more questions the passing score based on the scale might even go down to only 50% correct answers. So probably better to get a harder exam than an easier one. Maybe that's why I still failed even with average scores in all areas.

Thanks for answer. That makes sense what they do with the regrade. I agree with you because everyone else I've talked to said it was really hard but passed, and when I did the exam I thought it wasn't as hard but of course didn't pass.