CPJE Scores/Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr0212

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a CPJE Score/Results thread as I'm anxiously waiting for my results--Please post when you took your test and if you've heard back from the board. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

60 days... let's do a fun estimate. Assume $55/hour salary for new pharmacist. 40 hours/week. 4 weeks/month... you're looking at $8,800/month in potential salary. Times that by 2 months... that's $17,600! Retail RPh makes more than this... so all the wasted time, money, productivity.... huge huge waste.

make that business days and it is now $26400, lol

up to 60 days for the NAPLEX? wow... did you ask the rep why CA BOP wouldn't allow NABP to post the scores online? lol

BTW, the last batch of NAPLEX scores was mailed out on the 12th of August. That's for the folks who took it in mid-July to early August. That's when I got my score.

Seriously this. How much time and manpower hours would they save if they just allowed everything to be posted?

make that business days and it is now $26400, lol

haha!! Don't they want to take our income tax???

Perhaps there is a hidden objective. For example, they have to balance out the number of RPh who retire/quit and the number of new ones... or at least maintain some ratio. Those who can't deal w/ the delays will leave the state....

I'm sure something like this would explain the delays.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously this. How much time and manpower hours would they save if they just allowed everything to be posted?

I wonder if anyone has connections or somehow can talk to Gov. Brown. He and/or other elected officials can probably get the BOP to explain their handling of the licensing process. Also... the renewal process. I've heard nightmares about that, too.

If we include the last week of July, this week would be 45 days (including sat/sun) no? They seem to mail out by end of week so I'm guessing results by late this week or early next week?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If we include the last week of July, this week would be 45 days (including sat/sun) no? They seem to mail out by end of week so I'm guessing results by late this week or early next week?

Those who have taken it in July have not received scores yet either? Now I won't beat myself up as much for stopping checking PSI after they had no July dates after like, July 5.

If you say 60 days, though, we're looking at end of September...:/

I just called BOP...according to the receptionist, no scores have been sent out yet. She said she's not even sure if PSI has sent the results to the board yet. Ever since the exam change, it's been taking a very long time for them to receive results. Essentially, we must wait for that 45-60 day mark. I'm not sure who the real turtle is but the waiting game continues....

thanks for updates!!! So frustrating for such a long period of waiting. Plus, if find out it is a failing score --just have a month to review for remediation. How terrible? I hope we all pass so don't have to go through this again.

Reactions: 1 user
I also called today (today is day 45 for me) and they said they expect to send out results "very soon, within the next two weeks." And my start date for work gets pushed back yet again...

I also called today (today is day 45 for me) and they said they expect to send out results "very soon, within the next two weeks." And my start date for work gets pushed back yet again...

lol... very soon to them means "within the next two weeks".... imagine telling your patients "Your prescriptions will be ready VERY SOON, within the next two weeks."

I just called BOP...according to the receptionist, no scores have been sent out yet. She said she's not even sure if PSI has sent the results to the board yet. Ever since the exam change, it's been taking a very long time for them to receive results. Essentially, we must wait for that 45-60 day mark. I'm not sure who the real turtle is but the waiting game continues....

So basically we don't know, because they just said different things and they work in the same office lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called the board and the receptionist said that it may take 60 days from when you took the exam to get your score, if you have not received it by then you can call the licensing office for your status.

thanks for updates!!! So frustrating for such a long period of waiting. Plus, if find out it is a failing score --just have a month to review for remediation. How terrible? I hope we all pass so don't have to go through this again.

You won't even be able to do it in a month I bet because 1) it will be November and if the pattern continues they'll block November testing and 2) the board has to give you permission to test again and seeing how long it's taking I wouldn't bet that you'll know within the month.

I just called the board and the receptionist said that it may take 60 days from when you took the exam to get your score, if you have not received it by then you can call the licensing office for your status.
has anyone tried calling the licensing office just to see if they can be licensed even though you havent received your score yet

Does anyone know how long it takes the board to process license paperwork? Like from the time we get our green letters to the day our license becomes active? I really do hope BOP sends the scores out this week....

Does anyone know how long it takes the board to process license paperwork? Like from the time we get our green letters to the day our license becomes active? I really do hope BOP sends the scores out this week....
I think you can check the license status online via CBOP license verifying website within a week from the day you sent the green form of licensing and the license certification will be mailed to you in a month.

Last edited:
You won't even be able to do it in a month I bet because 1) it will be November and if the pattern continues they'll block November testing and 2) the board has to give you permission to test again and seeing how long it's taking I wouldn't bet that you'll know within the month.
Thanks! This is even worst because it will put us back a few months from seeking licensure even plus 91 days that is the time for allowing remediation...
The cycle of cpje process will continue more delayed from now on since Thanksgiving, Christmas, and new year holidays are coming...

Thanks! This is even worst because it will put us back a few months from seeking licensure even plus 91 days that is the time for allowing remediation...
The cycle of cpje process will continue more delayed from now on since Thanksgiving, Christmas, and new year holidays are coming...

ugh... best scenario is licensing by mid-november... next best scenario (assuming passing 2nd time), licensing after the new year. That's almost 1 year after graduation. ugh....

I think you can check the license status online via CBOP license verifying website within a week from the day you sent the green form of licensing and the license certification will be mailed to you in a month.

My district supervisor said historically it takes about 2 weeks to post but historically seems to not mean squat this year.

ugh... best scenario is licensing by mid-november... next best scenario (assuming passing 2nd time), licensing after the new year. That's almost 1 year after graduation. ugh....

Yeah assuming you don't pass you may not be licensed by the time next year's grads graduate. That's GD ridiculous that this state is allowed to get away with this crap.

did anyone ask the board if there's an active audit (quality assurance assessment) right now? I don't see anything on the board's website.

Any updates? I've been tempted to call the board every day to see if they have sent out results. Today marks 43 days for me and I know some people have been waiting longer...unreal

And they have confirmed they are not in a QA period.

Today marks 41 days for me. I tried calling the other day and the line hung up automatically saying that they weren't taking any calls. What do they do all day? Isn't the CPJE computerized now? I'm so annoyed.

it's about time we all do something about it. It's the age of computerized exams... . There is absolutely no reason for delays. "As of June 15, 2016, a total of 41,586 pharmacists were licensed by the Board of Pharmacy with active licenses." (BOP Newsletter)

They need reform.

Is there anyone here who is a good writer? We should come up with a generic letter then send it to each and every elected & appointed official across the state. Point out to them the loss of productivity, the tax to government etc...

Last edited:
Totally agreed. I can't believe they are getting away with this. Are they not aware that we are people too? We need to pay for our rent, student loans, etc. My managers are shocked that they're taking this long for our results.

let's start the letter campaign. It would also help to have employers/managers sign/send some letters too. I'm not sure if this has been done before. Perhaps nothing has been done and so BOP conducts its business as usual.

As a licensed Pharmacist in New York, I am utterly shocked as to this insanely long and unacceptable time period it is taking for all you new Cali grads to get licensed by the BOP. I am dating myself a bit here, but back in 2012, I took my MPJE on July 16th, Naplex on Aug 4th, and was licensed by September 13th (I did PGY1 residency so I was waived from having to take the compounding exam, which most of my classmates passed and was not an issue). And my scores for both exams were released within days after taking them. How long has the CABOP been getting away with this?? Jobs and sanity are on the line here, and I cannot imagine being in your shoes during this time. I took the CPJE Aug 31st and was prepared for the wait, thanks to all of you guys, and got my CA intern permit knowing this, and luckily a job willing to wait this out. Regardless, the BOP should not assume this, they are getting away with murder in my opinion and speaking out in any which way you can is the least you can do. I'm sure that because of them, job opportunities have been lost and interest has been accruing on the ridiculously expensive loans a lot of us had to take out. Hang in there everyone, spread the word and try and get a protest or letter, anything to give them a reality check. I'll be a willing participant!!

Hi everyone,

So I've just looked up the names and addresses of at least some of the officials we should contact regarding the CA BOP.

1. Governor Brown: https://govnews.gov.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Mailing address:

Governor Jerry Brown
c/o State Capitol, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814

Phone: (916) 445-2841
Fax: (916) 558-3160

Use the link above for email.
2. California Lieutenant Governor:
http://www.ltg.ca.gov/m_contact.asp

Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom
State Capitol, Suite 1114
Sacramento, CA 95814

3. Your State Representative & Senator:
http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/

Use the link above and enter your address to locate the specific rep/senator of your district

Department of Consumers Affairs (CA BOP is under this Department):
http://www.dca.ca.gov/about_dca/leadership.shtml#director

Awet Kidane, Director
Department of Consumer Affairs
Consumer Information Division
1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112
Sacramento, CA 95834

5. Business, Consumers Services and Housing Agency: http://www.bcsh.ca.gov/

“The mission of BCSH is to oversee Departments, Boards and Commissions whose job is to: License and regulate professionals and businesses in California, so as to protect consumers”

Alexis Podesta, Acting Secretary
Business, Consumer Services and Housing Agency
915 Capitol Mall, Suite 350-A
Sacramento, CA 95814

[email protected]
6. CA Board of Pharmacy:

1625 North Market Blvd, Suite N219
Sacramento, CA 95834

Board Members:
http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/about/board_members.shtml

Executive Officer: Virginia Herold
http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/about/executive_staff.shtml

It would be even better if we could locate more specific contact info of these officials (e.g. direct work email). Otherwise, they aren't likely to read our letters.

It would also help if we could get an investigative journalist of a news organization to write and publish a report...

Some key points for the letter:
1) lost productivity
2) loss of tax revenue for the state/federal governments
3) delayed healthcare/pharmacy services to consumers/patients, especially to those in areas where demand for pharmacists is high.
4) lost job opportunities
5) student loans repayment/interest accruement/applicants' finances

6) stress applicants have to endure
7) government accountability/efficiency/waste

Let's work together to get some reforms done. We can't accept the status quo simply because that's how it's always been.

Last edited:
A petition letter is a great idea. Any politically motivated writer-pharmacists? please help with a letter. One suggestion on here was going to a news paper/channel, that seems like a good idea as well. The Sacramento Bee has a investigative unit, more letters they get regarding this, chances they might look into it. In addition CBS sacramento or NBC Bay area investigative unit are options. They have to be more transparent with this process. No other state does this to its students.

I called the Ca BOP today to express frustration and outrage! She confirmed they are NOT in Qa, there was unexpected issues because this was a new test..and she said " I THINK some letters have been mailed out."
So...I guess the waiting continues... She was not able to identify what batch but I'm hoping at least everyone from last week of July through first few weeks of August.

I think one of the biggest issues here is that CA-BOP is batching these results when they should be sending them out continuously in the order of when the exams were taken.

Just got off the phone with the receptionist at the CA BOP. I took my CPJE at the beginning of August, and she said that they have NOT mailed any results out yet, but they hope to do so next week.

Alright guys call the board just now...was confirmed test results through the 31st of August have been released. They are going to the post office tonight and we can expect them by early next week. If no letter by Friday next week, call the licensing office. Good luck to everyone!

Alright guys call the board just now...was confirmed test results through the 31st of August have been released. They are going to the post office tonight and we can expect them by early next week. If no letter by Friday next week, call the licensing office. Good luck to everyone!

most can expect their letter by tuesday or wed then. good luck !!!

lol I won't believe it until I see it. Seems everyone is getting different responses.

Let's hope we do hear from people who get Saturday mail and are local.

lol I won't believe it until I see it. Seems everyone is getting different responses.

Let's hope we do hear from people who get Saturday mail and are local.

I am local-ish and get Saturday mail but even my NAPLEX that was dated 8/12 (Friday) didn't come until 8/15 (Monday). But I agree, I'll believe it when I see it. Also planning on buying copious amounts of alcohol to deal with the possibility of waiting 2 months to hear I failed.

I think one of the biggest issues here is that CA-BOP is batching these results when they should be sending them out continuously in the order of when the exams were taken.

This is honestly something that doesn't make sense to me. What is the purpose? Surely they have a mailing department and it's not difficult to mail out scores.

The other huge issue is the fact that they even do this via postage. The state I come from recently went completely electronic for their licenses and stuff. They no longer mail you a license or a reminder it's time to renew your license. They said this will save them over $3 million over 5 years in postage and paper. This state already reports NAPLEX and MPJE scores online so this doesn't even include that. Imagine how much money the board could save if they implemented this, not to mention how much less manpower would be dedicated to answering phone calls on this matter. There is seriously no reason that in the year 2016 this couldn't all be electronic. If they could even cut the time down to 1/2 of what it is it would still be hugely beneficial. I won't even start on how unfair it is that people who took the CPJE August 31st are in this batch. If nothing changes and there is this imposed wait time, EVERYONE should have to wait the same amount of time.

This is honestly something that doesn't make sense to me. What is the purpose? Surely they have a mailing department and it's not difficult to mail out scores.

The other huge issue is the fact that they even do this via postage. The state I come from recently went completely electronic for their licenses and stuff. They no longer mail you a license or a reminder it's time to renew your license. They said this will save them over $3 million over 5 years in postage and paper. This state already reports NAPLEX and MPJE scores online so this doesn't even include that. Imagine how much money the board could save if they implemented this, not to mention how much less manpower would be dedicated to answering phone calls on this matter. There is seriously no reason that in the year 2016 this couldn't all be electronic. If they could even cut the time down to 1/2 of what it is it would still be hugely beneficial. I won't even start on how unfair it is that people who took the CPJE August 31st are in this batch. If nothing changes and there is this imposed wait time, EVERYONE should have to wait the same amount of time.

i took it august 31st heh.

i still would very much like to send a few letters to the officials mentioned in my previous post. It's more than just us, the applicants... it's government waste/efficiency. We are not only paying application fees, we're also paying taxes. We expect a government bureaucracy to be fair and efficient in carrying out its mission(s).

i took it august 31st heh.

And you must realize how unfair this is I hope. Tbh if I don't pass I'm going to be really upset because I scheduled my exam early to avoid going into QA. I could have had an extra month to study and been in a better position than where I am now.

i still would very much like to send a few letters to the officials mentioned in my previous post. It's more than just us, the applicants... it's government waste/efficiency. We are not only paying application fees, we're also paying taxes. We expect a government bureaucracy to be fair and efficient in carrying out its mission(s).

To add to that this is a personal situation but could easily apply to others: I had to be on public aid for 4 mo because I wasn't working enough to be over the income threshold. The state of California literally had to use taxpayer money to support me because they couldn't process my stupid score in time so that I could get licensed. If that's not the biggest waste of resources I don't know what is.

Can they comment on how it looks? Like the green thing, can you see it from thE outside?
Hi all, just got my results! If you pass, there will be a green cover letter that you can see from the envelope window that has your address. My letter is dated 9/13, but was mailed out 9/16. I live ~15 min from the BOP. I took CPJE 8/1.

Just want to say thank you to everyone for all the updates over the last 1.5 months! Good luck!