CPJE Scores/Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr0212

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a CPJE Score/Results thread as I'm anxiously waiting for my results--Please post when you took your test and if you've heard back from the board. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, just got my results! If you pass, there will be a green cover letter that you can see from the envelope window that has your address. My letter is dated 9/13, but was mailed out 9/16. I live ~15 min from the BOP. I took CPJE 8/1.

Just want to say thank you to everyone for all the updates over the last 1.5 months! Good luck!
I live in natomas, usps here doesn't deliver on saturdays... The anxiety is killing me!!

For those who passed..what advice do you have for those who may need to retake the exam

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who passed..what advice do you have for those of us who have to retake this exam

Adding onto this question... for those of you who got your scores, how did you feel you did after taking the test, vs. how you actually did? Any memories on how many you (thought you) missed?

For those who passed, what does your PSI status online show? Can you register or schedule the exam? I'm still waiting for mine.

For those who passed..what advice do you have for those of us who have to retake this exam
Adding onto this question... for those of you who got your scores, how did you feel you did after taking the test, vs. how you actually did? Any memories on how many you (thought you) missed?
I took NAPLEX 7/26 and CPJE 8/1 because I'd heard recommendations to take the tests ~1 week apart. Since I kept hearing a lot of mixed things about the difficulty of the NAPLEX, I studied for it like I was preparing for it and CPJE on the same day. I did intensive reviews of all the main disease states with a heavy focus on ID, onco, and HIV especially. After taking my NAPLEX, I felt pretty exhausted so I didn't really review the big disease states again for the CPJE. I figured what I'd studied would be good enough for CPJE.

I devoted most of my remaining time to studying law. I studied the entire RxPrep law book in ~2-3 days and did the practice questions. My school does a pretty thorough law review for us during grad week, so I also used the Weissman law notes from there. Since I had the notes from the review, I did not read the Weissman law book, but I hear it is helpful since it has so many practice questions. In all honesty, I think that the RxPrep law book was as helpful, if not more, than the Weissman book/notes. I felt like the law book broke it down into easier language. Since my last rotation before graduation was community pharmacy, I'd already gone over the Pharmacy Self-Assessment a few times with my preceptor.

I felt confident after taking the NAPLEX, but when I was leaving CPJE, I was convinced that I had failed. There were a lot of brand/generic questions that I knew I missed and some law questions I was uncertain of. There were a handful of questions that I knew, but I felt like I was guessing on >70% of the test. I thought I'd missed at least half the questions, if not more. It was very disheartening and I was devastated. Waiting 1.5 months for the results was torturous because I was certain I'd failed, so I was very, very pleasantly surprised when I got my results and found out I'd scored in the high 80s. All I can say is that if you leave the exam feeling like you failed, it's normal. Chances are you passed.

If you are like me and do not have much experience in a retail/community pharmacy setting, then I would recommend devoting a decent amount of time to studying law (using the RxPrep coursebook, Weissman book, etc.) Be sure to know the Top 200 Brands/Generics. I'd recommend using the RxPrep Coursebook for studying the therapeutics section, but if you are pressed for time, some students have used other courses (PassNaplexNow, ProntoPass, etc.) and found them more helpful. I can't vouch for the other review courses, though, since I just used RxPrep. I hope this was helpful!

For those who passed, what does your PSI status online show? Can you register or schedule the exam? I'm still waiting for mine.

My PSI status for the exam is now "Complete," but I'm not sure if that's how it was after I finished the exam or if it changed recently. (The last time I logged into PSI was when I was registering for CPJE lol.)

If I try to register or schedule the exam, I get this notice:

This program requires pre-approval before you can sit for the exam. Please follow the instructions listed in your Candidate Information Bulletin or application materials.

If I click on "retest," I get this notice:

None of the portions of the test can be registered for the candidate.
The "trick" to find out you passed before getting your results mailed to you was debunked a while ago, I think. I remember reading about it on another thread in this forum. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I took NAPLEX 7/26 and CPJE 8/1 because I'd heard recommendations to take the tests ~1 week apart. Since I kept hearing a lot of mixed things about the difficulty of the NAPLEX, I studied for it like I was preparing for it and CPJE on the same day. I did intensive reviews of all the main disease states with a heavy focus on ID, onco, and HIV especially. After taking my NAPLEX, I felt pretty exhausted so I didn't really review the big disease states again for the CPJE. I figured what I'd studied would be good enough for CPJE.

I devoted most of my remaining time to studying law. I studied the entire RxPrep law book in ~2-3 days and did the practice questions. My school does a pretty thorough law review for us during grad week, so I also used the Weissman law notes from there. Since I had the notes from the review, I did not read the Weissman law book, but I hear it is helpful since it has so many practice questions. In all honesty, I think that the RxPrep law book was as helpful, if not more, than the Weissman book/notes. I felt like the law book broke it down into easier language. Since my last rotation before graduation was community pharmacy, I'd already gone over the Pharmacy Self-Assessment a few times with my preceptor.

I felt confident after taking the NAPLEX, but when I was leaving CPJE, I was convinced that I had failed. There were a lot of brand/generic questions that I knew I missed and some law questions I was uncertain of. There were a handful of questions that I knew, but I felt like I was guessing on >70% of the test. I thought I'd missed at least half the questions, if not more. It was very disheartening and I was devastated. Waiting 1.5 months for the results was torturous because I was certain I'd failed, so I was very, very pleasantly surprised when I got my results and found out I'd scored in the high 80s. All I can say is that if you leave the exam feeling like you failed, it's normal. Chances are you passed.

I felt the same way coming out of the CPJE. The first 20 or so questions were such a buzzkill... All in all, I felt like I guessed (some educated, others wild) on over half the test. If it was this hard for you, yet you got in high 80's, then this (new) version of the test must have been much harder than previous ones... Either way, very inspiring. Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks wild.world for solving my concern. Since the waiting is so long, I lost my confidence of thinking I will pass... I want to find ways to reassure it to relieve my anxiety for this continuous waiting. Congrats!!!

Thanks wild.world for solving my concern. Since the waiting is so long, I lost my confidence of thinking I will pass... I want to find ways to reassure it to relieve my anxiety for this continuous waiting. Congrats!!!

Did anyone take the exam on August 30, August 31, or September 1?

I took my CPJE on August 30. I'm not sure if my result was included in the current batch that was recently mailed.

Thank you so much!

I took my CPJE on August 30. I'm not sure if my result was included in the current batch that was recently mailed.

Thank you so much!

When I called, they said results up to August 31st were sent out so you should get them this week some time.

Thank you so much!
I took in the mid of August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who passed CPJE and Good Luck to individuals who are still waiting on their results!!!! I will appreciate if any kind soul can help answer these questions.

1. What major topics one should focus on for CPJE? Did you guys get lots of questions on ID/HIV/Chemo?
2. How about compounding and biostats? If yes, how hard/easy were these questions?
3. How was math? How many questions did you guys get?
4. No. of law questions?
5. Did you guys feel time was sufficient to answer 90 questions?
6. Lastly, any other feedback on studying for CPJE?

Thank you!!!!

Hi everyone, I got my green letter today (tested cpje on 8/19). I have a quick question, so once we received the green letter informing that I have successfully passed required exams, we have to pay another $195 for the license issurance? I thought the $260 application fee includes the license fee... Can anyone clarify this? Thanks!

Hi everyone, I got my green letter today (tested cpje on 8/19). I have a quick question, so once we received the green letter informing that I have successfully passed required exams, we have to pay another $195 for the license issurance? I thought the $260 application fee includes the license fee... Can anyone clarify this? Thanks!

congrats! and yes, there's another fee that we have to pay. We will have to wait a few weeks for the BOP to license us....

congrats to all!

congrats! and yes, there's another fee that we have to pay. We will have to wait a few weeks for the BOP to license us....

congrats to all!

Thank you "bpyrido"! I'm from out of state, and in my home state, once you passed required board exams, state BOP shall automatically issue the license and no additional charge is required. It just sounds strange to me that we have to pay another fee just to request the license issuance. lol....

OMG I PASSED!! GOT THE GREEN LETTER TODAY AHHHH!!!!!

took my exam on 8/31 LOL!!!!!!!!!! i'm from new jersey too :D :D :D

Last edited:
Congrats to those who passed CPJE and Good Luck to individuals who are still waiting on their results!!!! I will appreciate if any kind soul can help answer these questions.

1. What major topics one should focus on for CPJE? Did you guys get lots of questions on ID/HIV/Chemo?
2. How about compounding and biostats? If yes, how hard/easy were these questions?
4. No. of law questions?

Thank you!!!!

1. There was no major focus on certain topics. Most of it was pretty random.
2. No biostats. Can't remember if compounding was there.
3. Only 1 math question, and it was really easy.
4. Law was 10-20? Don't know exact #. It included hospital practice which isn't covered in Weissman's
5. Plenty of time. The exam was purely MC.
6. This exam is more brand-heavy. So make sure you have brand/generic down for top drugs.

It sucks that we have to pay for more money for such a slow process.

I am desperately asking for help. I have been out of school for a few years and currently work out of state. I used the pharmacy chart and Weismann law book for study but didn't pass. I felt like there were lots of hospital drugs on the test as well as the laws. Does anyone know what other law book might be helpful? Does anyone want to sell your law notes from school in CA? I remember our school did a pretty good review about the law before we graduate. Thanks

I went to the board of pharmacy to pay fee directly to them. They told me fee is 195 but when we renew our license two years from now we have to pay 207. Also they told me it takes about 10 business days to post our license online.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I am selling my RxPrep CPJE access for $125. Original price is $185, and it still has 5 months of access. Definitely helpful in passing.

I am selling mine for $124. If anyone is interested. Lol jk, just very happy that I passed!

I am desperately asking for help. I have been out of school for a few years and currently work out of state. I used the pharmacy chart and Weismann law book for study but didn't pass. I felt like there were lots of hospital drugs on the test as well as the laws. Does anyone know what other law book might be helpful? Does anyone want to sell your law notes from school in CA? I remember our school did a pretty good review about the law before we graduate. Thanks

The rxprep cpje access was very helpful for me. I didn't even read the manual which was 100+ pages. All I did was listen to the 5 hours worth of video podcasts and did the quizzes (about 200 questions total).

For clinicals, I read the rxprep naplex book and memorized top 300 brand names.

Got my green letter today!!!! Took it 8/1, also Bay Area :)

4. No. of law questions?

Thank you!!!!

I walked out of the CPJE positive that I failed because the list of topics is a total hodgepodge. I had some really really random law questions on things I had never seen. I had quite a few indication questions. I had some questions on dosing adjustments that I had no idea about. I felt like I guessed on over 60-70% of the questions and most of those I did not feel confident on or that I had made educated guesses. I kicked myself all the way home for taking the day before off from studying because I wished I had been able to study like 6-7 more hours. I was sure that if I passed it would be right on the nose at 75, but I actually got in the high 80s. To answer your questions, though...

1. I had no oncology or chemo questions. No ID questions directly but did have questions on the drugs used to treat ID conditions if that makes sense. I had 1 or 2 HIV questions dealing with side effects and brand/generic names. I have heard that they tend to ask obscure HIV questions so I would probaaaably be very familiar with that chapter? I dedicated quite a bit of time to HIV. I mostly studied chapters I didn't feel comfortable with in RxPrep. My thought process is why read something that you're intimately familiar with? I had a good grasp of DM/HTN/HL so I didn't read about those too much except to look over the drugs and look over funky things having to do with some of the drugs, such as insulin storage. I felt weak on psych so I devoted a bit of time to the psych chapters.
2. No compounding or biostats.
3. SUPER easy math questions. I think I got 1 or 2. Questions that might be on the PTCB exam.
4. Quite a few. Probably around 15, possibly more. Also depends on how you classify law questions. There weren't too many that were directly law but law concepts were wrapped up in the clinical component.
5. Definitely. You get what, 2 hours? I walked out after an hour and 5 minutes. There wasn't much calculating or writing out stuff that I had to do. It was kind of a "you know or it or you don't" and I had a lot of time to sit there and mull it over if I chose to do so. I never felt rushed or pressed for time.
6. Everyone studies differently so I can't say what worked for me will work for you, but...I wanted all the tools in my arsenal so I had RxPrep NAPLEX, RxPrep CPJE, pharmacycharts, and Weissman's book. I studied a LOT of RxPrep NAPLEX. I went through the book twice in depth and then spent a day on oncology, HIV, and ID each. I got Weissman's book in May and read through that so I would be familiar with the law. I never read the book again. I read through the RxPrep CPJE packet twice, once in early July to refamiliarize myself with the law and then 1 day before I took the CPJE. I really liked that book and felt like it was better written than Weissman's book. I'm going against the grain but I wouldn't really recommend getting Weissman's book even though he's pretty funny and I like the jokes he makes. I just feel like the RxPrep CPJE version is much better, throws out all the crap that you don't need to know, and is an even easier read. The online stuff that comes with it was also extremely helpful. I also read through pharmacycharts a few times. I like the organization of it and learn better when reviewing charts but didn't want to make my own. ONE HUGE THING WITH THE CHARTS: they have stuff in the back in the appendices, which I normally skip over, but their appendix is actually VERY helpful. They have a chart with IV incompatibilities. You will not be able to memorize the whole thing but I had at least 3 questions come up on that and although I wasn't certain on my answer, it was certainly better than had I never looked at it. There's also an appendix for allergies and what you shouldn't give patients if they're allergic to whatever.

Hopefully I didn't break any rules with that post! Congrats to all that have passed and best of luck to those who are waiting or have to take it again! I have the utmost faith in you. Thanks everyone for having this thread up and helping me maintain some of my sanity over the last month and a half.

4. Law was 10-20? Don't know exact #. It included hospital practice which isn't covered in Weissman's
6. This exam is more brand-heavy. So make sure you have brand/generic down for top drugs.

4. No. of law questions?

Thank you!!!!
I passed !!! Just want to give back since this forum helped me....
1) random questions on disease states
2) no biostatics/compounding Q
3) only 1-2 questions calculating dose, very easy and don't need to apply any formulas.
4) 10-15 questions on law
5) I'm a slow taker so time is just right enough for me
6) I agree, know top 300 brand/generics well because you will be able to identify it from controlled or not controlled when given a prescription. Know monitoring and toxicity...

I'm took the CPJE for the second time in August. No green letter. I just found out I received the exact same score I did last time. 74, missed the mark again by a point. I'm totally screwed right now. My intern license is expiring (still waiting on my renewal) and I'm sure ill be fired from my job now because I failed twice. Has anyone ever had luck with the appeal process? Thanks

I officially hate our mailman... I live about 90 minutes from Sacramento, took the exam on August 1, no mail today (or its late).

My letter was not green, but I passed.

Was so nervous opening it since my letter was just 1 page and very white.

Took CPJE 8/26, received results 9/19

Live in the Bay Area

Thanks to everyone for sharing info on here and for helping us all stay sane :)

I take back what I said about my mail man, he came through just in time (2 trucks actually came lol).

Took exam on 8/1, letter dated 9/13, live in northern CA. Got 77. Still light-headed :)

4. No. of law questions?

Thank you!!!!

Got my green letter today!!!! Took it 8/1, also Bay Area :)

I walked out of the CPJE positive that I failed because the list of topics is a total hodgepodge. I had some really really random law questions on things I had never seen. I had quite a few indication questions. I had some questions on dosing adjustments that I had no idea about. I felt like I guessed on over 60-70% of the questions and most of those I did not feel confident on or that I had made educated guesses. I kicked myself all the way home for taking the day before off from studying because I wished I had been able to study like 6-7 more hours. I was sure that if I passed it would be right on the nose at 75, but I actually got in the high 80s. To answer your questions, though...

1. I had no oncology or chemo questions. No ID questions directly but did have questions on the drugs used to treat ID conditions if that makes sense. I had 1 or 2 HIV questions dealing with side effects and brand/generic names. I have heard that they tend to ask obscure HIV questions so I would probaaaably be very familiar with that chapter? I dedicated quite a bit of time to HIV. I mostly studied chapters I didn't feel comfortable with in RxPrep. My thought process is why read something that you're intimately familiar with? I had a good grasp of DM/HTN/HL so I didn't read about those too much except to look over the drugs and look over funky things having to do with some of the drugs, such as insulin storage. I felt weak on psych so I devoted a bit of time to the psych chapters.
2. No compounding or biostats.
3. SUPER easy math questions. I think I got 1 or 2. Questions that might be on the PTCB exam.
4. Quite a few. Probably around 15, possibly more. Also depends on how you classify law questions. There weren't too many that were directly law but law concepts were wrapped up in the clinical component.
5. Definitely. You get what, 2 hours? I walked out after an hour and 5 minutes. There wasn't much calculating or writing out stuff that I had to do. It was kind of a "you know or it or you don't" and I had a lot of time to sit there and mull it over if I chose to do so. I never felt rushed or pressed for time.
6. Everyone studies differently so I can't say what worked for me will work for you, but...I wanted all the tools in my arsenal so I had RxPrep NAPLEX, RxPrep CPJE, pharmacycharts, and Weissman's book. I studied a LOT of RxPrep NAPLEX. I went through the book twice in depth and then spent a day on oncology, HIV, and ID each. I got Weissman's book in May and read through that so I would be familiar with the law. I never read the book again. I read through the RxPrep CPJE packet twice, once in early July to refamiliarize myself with the law and then 1 day before I took the CPJE. I really liked that book and felt like it was better written than Weissman's book. I'm going against the grain but I wouldn't really recommend getting Weissman's book even though he's pretty funny and I like the jokes he makes. I just feel like the RxPrep CPJE version is much better, throws out all the crap that you don't need to know, and is an even easier read. The online stuff that comes with it was also extremely helpful. I also read through pharmacycharts a few times. I like the organization of it and learn better when reviewing charts but didn't want to make my own. ONE HUGE THING WITH THE CHARTS: they have stuff in the back in the appendices, which I normally skip over, but their appendix is actually VERY helpful. They have a chart with IV incompatibilities. You will not be able to memorize the whole thing but I had at least 3 questions come up on that and although I wasn't certain on my answer, it was certainly better than had I never looked at it. There's also an appendix for allergies and what you shouldn't give patients if they're allergic to whatever.

Hopefully I didn't break any rules with that post! Congrats to all that have passed and best of luck to those who are waiting or have to take it again! I have the utmost faith in you. Thanks everyone for having this thread up and helping me maintain some of my sanity over the last month and a half.

I passed !!! Just want to give back since this forum helped me....
1) random questions on disease states
2) no biostatics/compounding Q
3) only 1-2 questions calculating dose, very easy and don't need to apply any formulas.
4) 10-15 questions on law
5) I'm a slow taker so time is just right enough for me
6) I agree, know top 300 brand/generics well because you will be able to identify it from controlled or not controlled when given a prescription. Know monitoring and toxicity...

I agree with the above posts.
1) I think I got a bit of everything.
2) no biostats/compounding
3) 1-2 calculations. Very easy. [Note that BOP says it wants to test you on stuff NAPLEX doesn't. NAPLEX got plenty of calculations so there's really no need to do it again on CPJE]
4) I had about 15 questions on law. It seems they got enough complaints about CPJE not having enough law questions? I read the Weissman's book. I don't think it covered everything, but a good portion of the questions I had. As one friend indicated above, some of the law questions require clinical knowledge. You can't apply the law w/o knowing the clinical part (even if you know what the law is, you can't answer w/o knowing the other piece)
5) I had more than enough time. Towards the end I slowed down intentionally, but I still managed to get out 10 minutes before the time was up.
6) Absolutely need the top 300 drugs. Know those random combination drugs.

Got that green letter this afternoon. Woohoo!! Passed!!!
Test date: August 12
Results in mail: September 19 (dated September 13)

Yayayay!!! Now I can finally breathe.
Good luck to everyone.

Would anybody recommend using only the pharmacy charts for studying clinical info? A user in an old thread recommended it a while ago, saying they passed by studying those thoroughly, and I thought their rationale made sense. The charts seem to have most of the SE/black box warnings/counseling points etc, as well as dosing, so I would think they would be sufficient. Especially because of all the info they include in the appendix (IV compatability, top 300 drugs, drug interaction info, etc).

So far I have only been studying from this resource, and while I do have the RxPrep NAPLEX book as well, I was planning on mostly just using the pharmacy charts. My main reason is that I want to make sure that I retain as much info as I can, as opposed to going through multiple books and not remembering as much from each. I've heard that using too many resources can be a bit of a trap when it comes to actually recalling all of the info.

Congrats to all that passed! Any further thoughts are appreciated :)

Would anybody recommend using only the pharmacy charts for studying clinical info? A user in an old thread recommended it a while ago, saying they passed by studying those thoroughly, and I thought their rationale made sense. The charts seem to have most of the SE/black box warnings/counseling points etc, as well as dosing, so I would think they would be sufficient. Especially because of all the info they include in the appendix (IV compatability, top 300 drugs, drug interaction info, etc).

So far I have only been studying from this resource, and while I do have the RxPrep NAPLEX book as well, I was planning on mostly just using the pharmacy charts. My main reason is that I want to make sure that I retain as much info as I can, as opposed to going through multiple books and not remembering as much from each. I've heard that using too many resources can be a bit of a trap when it comes to actually recalling all of the info.

Congrats to all that passed! Any further thoughts are appreciated :)
I studied a bit from it while my friends and I studied together. However, I saw some errors in pharmchart. Make sure double check it while studying. Good lucks to you!!!

I went to the board of pharmacy to pay fee directly to them. They told me fee is 195 but when we renew our license two years from now we have to pay 207. Also they told me it takes about 10 business days to post our license online.

Hi, when you go in person, do you know if they accept credit card or it has to be a check? Do you know their hours? And did you bring your intern license with you to give to them? Thanks.

Took my test at the end of August and just got the green letter today. Just a note--the green letter's the pharmacist licensure application and it's only sent if you passed both NAPLEX and CPJE. If anyone needs studying materials, PM me and I'd be happy to help.

Hi, when you go in person, do you know if they accept credit card or it has to be a check? Do you know their hours? And did you bring your intern license with you to give to them? Thanks.

My super told me to use a cashier's check, he said it's faster. According to the letters included with the green envelope, we bring them our intern licenses, and they take it (to be replaced with pharmacist license).

My super told me to use a cashier's check, he said it's faster. According to the letters included with the green envelope, we bring them our intern licenses, and they take it (to be replaced with pharmacist license).
So, is this required for the expired pharmacy intern? Money's order is okay? Thanks

I got my green letter today, too! Thank God that I passed my CPJE! I live in the South Bay/Long Beach area and took the exam on 8/30

Last edited:
So, is this required for the expired pharmacy intern? Money's order is okay? Thanks

I'm not sure if you still need to submit your pharmacy intern license if it is expired. You should call the Board of Pharmacy tomorrow

Here's a list of mnemonics and other random notes that I used for Naplex and CPJE. I found it easier to remember things this way, but this may not be applicable for everyone. With that said, use it at your own risk :)

Attachments

• mnemonics for NAPLEX & CPJE.docx
    78.9 KB · Views: 337
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone taken it in August not received anything yet? I took mines 08/22 and mail just came with nothing from CA BOP =(

(I'm located in the Bay Area)

What if I can't find my intern license? I moved houses recently and I can't remember where I put it.
A friend of mine had the same problem and called the BOP. The receptionist said it was okay to just send in what you have (i.e. the green letter + the fee). You might want to call to double check though.

What if I can't find my intern license? I moved houses recently and I can't remember where I put it.

A friend of mine had the same problem and called the BOP. The receptionist said it was okay to just send in what you have (i.e. the green letter + the fee). You might want to call to double check though.

I also called today because I lost my intern license and have been using the printed out version from license verify. The receptionist I talked to said not to worry about it and disregard that and let it expire when it does. Just send the green sheet and your check. They obviously only care about sucking more money out of you.