CPJE site complaint

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chucky12586

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time posting on here, and I'd like to get some advice on how to approach this disastrous situation that occurred today:

About 15 minutes into the exam, I began to notice loud, persistent talking and laughter coming from the 3 proctors in the room outside. It was otherwise quiet inside the testing room. The noise was incredibly distracting. I was not provided with ear plugs at my station and I did not feel it was fair for me to have to wear the questionably unsanitary and uncomfortable over-ear headphones just to drown out this preventable noise. So while my time was still running, I raised my hand, motioned to Connie (one of the proctors) that I can hear them, and requested that they be more quiet. I tried my best to be polite, and in response, she came into the testing room, pointed to the over-ear headphones and told me to wear them. I didn't think that was right, so I whispered back that I could hear them talking and laughing out there, to which she scolded back, "we are BUSY!" and left the room. About a minute later, she came back and tossed a pair of in-ear plugs onto my desk. The outside-noise had initially subsided, until about 10-15 minutes later, which prompted me to use the ear plugs for most of the remaining time. I did not get to finish the last question on my exam.

I was so taken aback that I lost my focus. I had to finish the remainder of my exam with a feeling of turmoil brewing inside of me. I especially felt disrespected after she snapped at me. They denied me a proper testing environment, and wasted valuable time. To make matters worse, when I was signing out, I asked Connie for her name and the other two proctors' names in order to properly forward a complaint later on. She only gave me her name and said that she had already submitted a report against me to the Board because I "refused to wear the ear phones." Dumbfounded, I responded, saying that it was quiet inside the testing room, and that the only noise was the talking and laughing coming from outside.

We (Connie with one remaining proctor and I) argued back and forth for a couple of minutes. Their stance was that they initially instructed me that I have to wear the over-ear headphones because the walls are thin; but in actuality they did not. They only informed me that they were there if I needed them, and they said nothing about thin walls. Regardless, they were incredibly rude and unprofessional and showed no remorse for their behavior. They refused to disclose the exact details about the report and remained obstinate, suggesting that all of this was somehow my fault. I was extremely fed up and angry, and left after telling them that I was going to file a complaint against them.

This was nothing like my Naplex, which went smoothly and professionally. Yes, it's understandable that exam takers will come and go, and there will be temporary background noise, but there was absolutely no excuse for the sustained amount of talking and laughter going on outside. In the beginning, I even saw them shushing 2 other test takers who were quietly talking on the side while waiting to be signed in. The hypocrisy was absolutely unbearable.

I'm so angry at them for turning it around on me, suggesting that I had somehow done something wrong. I honestly don't know how I did. I feel my license is in jeopardy because of these rude hypocrites. I'm filing a complaint to the BBB, but I'm not sure if that will do any good. Is there anything else that I can do to at this point? Any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry to hear about your horrible experience. I think I read someone on the PSI bulletin that you can report or do a survey on the testing site. Maybe you can look into that?