CRACK DAT SCIENCE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fdat94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay is it just me, or is Crack DAT science super random and horrible?
I feel like it's meant to trick you
I did the OCHEM exam and I got an 18 !!!!!:rage:
I'm good at OCHEM :(,. I got a 25 on the 2007 ADA test and a 21 on the 2009 ADA exam
What do i do? What practice exam is closest to the actual DAT? Ochem, bio gen chem, qr, anything...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Doing a little google search, I think most people dislike their sciences. Your 2009 ADA exam is much more representative than crack DAT imo.

Last edited:
I nearly had a nervous breakdown last summer precisely due to using Crack DAT to study Science. I would study my a$$ off, take a practice test and get a 17. So I would then study 3 times harder and 3 times longer, take another test and get a 14. Then I'd rush through another test while on full emotional tilt and get a 22. Wash rinse repeat, until I hit my breaking point.

I lashed out at my loved ones, destroyed some of my own physical property, and as I said, very nearly completely lost it. I wasn't sleeping, (oh by the way I was also taking summer organic chemistry and shadowing at a clinic over an hour away at the time!) I had been staking everything on being a dentist and it was appearing I was nowhere near ready. 32 years old and curled up in a ball, tearing my hair out, and yes, I'll admit there were some tears.

Then I started to look online and began to see I was not the only one with similar issues. After I calmed down I realized just how ridiculous the Crack DAT science sections are, especially the gen chemistry. I missed a question because I didn't know the formula for glucose by heart. I missed another one about which atom has the highest electronegativity because, according to the answer key, noble gases have the highest electronegativity because they are all the way to the right.

I started looking at other materials, specifically Bootcamp, and realized I was out to lunch. I finally calmed down a little bit (not much) and managed to do well on the test (22 AA, 19 Bio, 22 OC, 23 GC, 20 QR, 28 RC)

My advice. Ditch Crack DAT. Use them for PAT and QR (both are fantastic) and possibly reading, but stay as far away as possible from their science.

Reactions: 1 users
I nearly had a nervous breakdown last summer precisely due to using Crack DAT to study Science. I would study my a$$ off, take a practice test and get a 17. So I would then study 3 times harder and 3 times longer, take another test and get a 14. Then I'd rush through another test while on full emotional tilt and get a 22. Wash rinse repeat, until I hit my breaking point.

I lashed out at my loved ones, destroyed some of my own physical property, and as I said, very nearly completely lost it. I wasn't sleeping, (oh by the way I was also taking summer organic chemistry and shadowing at a clinic over an hour away at the time!) I had been staking everything on being a dentist and it was appearing I was nowhere near ready. 32 years old and curled up in a ball, tearing my hair out, and yes, I'll admit there were some tears.

Then I started to look online and began to see I was not the only one with similar issues. After I calmed down I realized just how ridiculous the Crack DAT science sections are, especially the gen chemistry. I missed a question because I didn't know the formula for glucose by heart. I missed another one about which atom has the highest electronegativity because, according to the answer key, noble gases have the highest electronegativity because they are all the way to the right.

I started looking at other materials, specifically Bootcamp, and realized I was out to lunch. I finally calmed down a little bit (not much) and managed to do well on the test (22 AA, 19 Bio, 22 OC, 23 GC, 20 QR, 28 RC)

My advice. Ditch Crack DAT. Use them for PAT and QR (both are fantastic) and possibly reading, but stay as far away as possible from their science.

Wow thanks!!! At least I'm not the only one!!

THose are some amazing scores by the way.

How hard was the actual DAT in your opinion? I've been studying like a monster

Ochem scores are 21-24 on bootcamp, 19-20 on bio, 18 on gen chem, havent done reading to know, pat i got 20 on crack dat pat, and qr on bootcamp ive been getting 16's :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow thanks!!! At least I'm not the only one!!

THose are some amazing scores by the way.

How hard was the actual DAT in your opinion? I've been studying like a monster

Ochem scores are 21-24 on bootcamp, 19-20 on bio, 18 on gen chem, havent done reading to know, pat i got 20 on crack dat pat, and qr on bootcamp ive been getting 16's :(

While Crack DAT is no good for science, it is a great resource for QR. Vice versa is true with respect to Bootcamp. I understand Ari's philosophy of deliberately making the QR harder in Bootcamp than in the real test, but I don't agree with it. If you're signed up for a 5k, don't train for hurdles. You get the idea.

QR on the actual DAT is nowhere even close to the difficulty of Bootcamp. So much so that I question the value of practicing QR with Bootcamp. Crack DAT is pretty good for QR, especially if you look at the video solutions.

While Crack DAT is no good for science, it is a great resource for QR. Vice versa is true with respect to Bootcamp. I understand Ari's philosophy of deliberately making the QR harder in Bootcamp than in the real test, but I don't agree with it. If you're signed up for a 5k, don't train for hurdles. You get the idea.

QR on the actual DAT is nowhere even close to the difficulty of Bootcamp. So much so that I question the value of practicing QR with Bootcamp. Crack DAT is pretty good for QR, especially if you look at the video solutions.
Congrats on the scores man! Just for everyone else's info, we recently updated the QR section with all new tests to bring down the difficulty and make it more in line with the real DAT. If anyone has any questions feel free to email/PM me.

Reactions: 1 user
Doing a little google search, I think most people dislike their sciences. Your 2009 ADA exam is much more representative than crack DAT imo.
Agree with Likkriue, the 2009 is most representative, it is an actual ADA exam that was used in 2009. The exam will give you a good feel for the actual exam, although I do feel the questions have become more challenging since 2009.

Just my 2 cents..Nancy

Congrats on the scores man! Just for everyone else's info, we recently updated the QR section with all new tests to bring down the difficulty and make it more in line with the real DAT. If anyone has any questions feel free to email/PM me.

Copy all, be advised my gouge is a year old! Bootcamp was undoubtedly an invaluable resource into my DAT prep, and I subscribed twice. Especial kudos for the Organic Chemistry!

Reactions: 1 users

OMG when did this happen? This is great!

i need some help with crack Dat .
i have been doing there sciences test my score between 14-15 . i just don't know is this right software cause no improvedment for score i took 10 ten or each sciences

please help

i need some help with crack Dat .
i have been doing there sciences test my score between 14-15 . i just don't know is this right software cause no improvedment for score i took 10 ten or each sciences

please help

In my experience it's not a very effective software to review/test the sciences. But not improving could also be a result of how you are preparing and reviewing for the exam. Could you give more detail on that?