Crazy Interview Misadventures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmjannie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today was a strange, strange day. My best friend is currently applying to osteopathic school. She had an interview at a nearby school, so she stayed with my fiancee and I. We live about 1.5 hours from where she was interviewing. So, she gets up and leaves at 6am this morning. I get a call on my cell phone at 6:30. :sleep: :sleep: SOMEBODY RAN OUT OF GAS on the way to their interview. So, I wake up my fiancee and we get ready to go take her some gas. He insisted on coming, because he didn't like the idea of two women out on the highway at 6:30am. We go to WalMart to get a gas can (thank God they are open 24-7), get gas, and then drive 45 miles down the highway. In the pouring rain. And wind. And other severe thunderstorm-like conditions. We get to my friend at 7:30. Of course, her gas tank is on the side of the car right next to the road, so as my fiancee is standing there pouring the gas in, there are semis and cars within 2 feet of us, occasionally honking their godd**ned horns. Wonderful. It's 50 degrees, pouring rain, and in my stupidity, I decided to wear a white t-shirt. So, friend is freaking out because she is definitely going to be late for her interview, and she can't reschedule because they aren't interviewing the next day (Friday) and her plane leaves for home on Monday. We put the gas in, and try to start the car. SURPRISE!!!! The car won't start. As if we really should have expected it to, after all that had gone on so far. Apparently, while she was waiting for us to come, she had the radio on, the cell phone charging, and the wipers on. Yes, folks, the battery is dead. We have jumper cables with us, but there isn't room to pull the car around to get close enough to use them. It appears that we are SOL. Friend won't leave her car on the highway, because she's afraid someone will break in. My fiancee has to get back home so he can go to work. We sit and ponder. We grab friend, get into my car, and drive to the nearest gas station to see if they have a jumper box (so we can jump the car without having to hook up the cables to my car as well). She ends up calling someone from the gas station to come jump her car. We take her back to her car, and the people come jump the damn SUV. And she is on her way. She called the people at the school and they just told her to get there as soon as possible, but that it was okay, she wasn't being interviewed until the afternoon anyway. Then my fiancee and I drive home.

Hope her interview went well. At least she will have something to talk about.

Feel free to post other crazy interview misadventures of any sort.

Cheers,
KJ

Members don't see this ad.

That sucks. For future reference you should remember that fuel injected cars are a pain in the ass to get started if you run completely out of fuel.

indo said:
That sucks. For future reference you should remember that fuel injected cars are a pain in the ass to get started if you run completely out of fuel.

indo, that is an ubersexy pic of shannen