Crazy Scheduling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rud42

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have taken these classes, is this crazy?

Organ. Chem. I
Physics I
Mole. Cell Bio.
Calculus I

+Research (not too time consuming, but still probably >12 hrs. week)

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

deifnitely seems doable. my soph year semester 1 i had calc III physics III organic I research molecular genetics and cell biology. twas difficult but you shoudl be fine if you spread yoru time wisely

Members don't see this ad :)
I think 3 lectures/labs is my limit...

Organic I with lab
Biology I with lab
Physics I with lab

As well as some research.

Thanks guys... I figured it could be done, but a little reassurance is good every once in a while.

Go to a liberal arts school like me, haha. Then you can space a little "Cinema Appreciation" and "Christian Faith and Values" in there like I get to do. Even though some of our pre-reqs suck ass.

Ahhh, I think you'll be just fine. My first semester sophomore year I took:

Cellular Biology & lab 4.0 hrs
Organic Chemistry I 3.0 hrs
Chem Eng Material Balances & lab 3.0 hrs
Calc III 4.0 hrs
Engineering Physics II & lab 4.0 hrs

A's across the board. Just keep up with work from day one.

Its doable but it does depend on a few things..you being the main one.

If you are weak at math/calc (or never took it before) then it may be a problem, especially if it is a calc based physics and you have a prof like I had freshman year. It isn't going to be a "fun" semester per se. You're going to learn how to switch your mind to some pretty different topics though. At least calc and physics are kind of along the same lines of thought. Throwing in organic and bio could be a sticking point...especially if the tests show up around the same time.

For those of you that have taken these classes, is this crazy?

Organ. Chem. I
Physics I
Mole. Cell Bio.
Calculus I

+Research (not too time consuming, but still probably >12 hrs. week)

Thanks.
Wow I'm taking those exact classes. Actually I was thinking of taking micro bio but then thought against it because it would be too much. I

Go to a liberal arts school like me, haha. Then you can space a little "Cinema Appreciation" and "Christian Faith and Values" in there like I get to do. Even though some of our pre-reqs suck ass.

I also go to a Christian liberal arts university. It sounds like similar pre-req classes we have...Christian Values and Biblical Faith, Music Appreciation, etc. Sometimes it sort of stinks that we have to take that stuff, but I guess having all the humanities is a plus, as some med schools (like Johns Hopkins) require it and it shows them that you are well-rounded.

Wow I'm taking those exact classes. Actually I was thinking of taking micro bio but then thought against it because it would be too much. I

I guess if we both do well, then our science GPA's will raise quite a bit.:thumbup: