Credit-Non-Credit (CR/NCR) option for my pre-req courses??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loving123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I hope your application is going well!

In our university, we have 'credit-no-credit system' (CR/NCR) which is basically you get Pass (credit) for grades over 50% and Fail (no credit) for grades below 50%.
When I was in first year, I did take one of the English courses as a CR/NCR option.
In this case, should I re-take the other english course to fulfill my pre-req??
Does dental school do NOT prefer Pass/Fail courses for the pre-req??

Please share some insights on this.

Members don't see this ad.

You'll have to retake that course or take another english course for a letter grade unfortunately. All schools have their list of prerequisites that you must take for a letter grade on their website and they usually require 2 semesters of an English course.

You'll have to retake that course or take another english course for a letter grade unfortunately. All schools have their list of prerequisites that you must take for a letter grade on their website and they usually require 2 semesters of an English course.

Thank you so much!
BTW if I take other un-related course as a CR/NCR, does it look bad??

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much!
BTW if I take other un-related course as a CR/NCR, does it look bad??

I'm not sure I understand your question...do you mean if it will look bad if you take, say, a music class for cr/ncr? If so, then I don't think that will look bad at all since its not directly related to dentistry

I'm not sure I understand your question...do you mean if it will look bad if you take, say, a music class for cr/ncr? If so, then I don't think that will look bad at all since its not directly related to dentistry
Yeah. That is what I meant to say. Thanks for your reply!